IT.COM

Reviews of baseballworld's investing and development group

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wormfood

----Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So he went rouge over 2K. I get the impression he didn't scam people intentionally, he just couldn't cash the cheques his ass had wrote so to speak. Shame cos if he had just put his hands up and said it was not going well he would probably still be here. All speculation on my part though.

I talked to BBW on the phone before deciding to invest. He was a braggart and avoided any suggestion about accountability so I passed.

I don't think this was an accident.

•••
•••
•••
What was the purpose of this club, this person was outside their means, if they were so successful they wouldn't need to scrape $200 per person. It doesn't make any sense.

•••
Still wanna know why this guy isn't perma-banned after scamming a bunch of people here on NP.
His account is restricted until he fulfills his commitments. If his account was banned, it would be impossible for him to fulfill all of his commitments. Restricted is more than sufficient and also allows him to do what he needs to do to make things right.

•••
Well, he was arrested again last January for driving with a suspended license and I tried to warn as many people as possible to no avail. My posts were either deleted or I was temp banned for them. Saw this coming from my first interactions with him.
To confirm, zurc.net did express concerns about this at the time, but unfortunately, when those concerns are voiced in a user's sales thread, they are considered sales crashing and have to be removed.

However, threads can be created for those concerns outside of sales threads, like in a review thread (which this is), in a Warnings & Alerts thread, etc.

I just wanted to let everyone know the options available for the future so that we can hopefully avoid any issues. We want NamePros to be as safe as possible, and that comes largely from the community helping each other. :)

Thanks,

•••
Why is @baseballworld restricted.. the guy with the most likes on NP!
Member i o w a d a w g is #1 in likes, not baseballworld, but we don't recommend anyone use likes as a safety metric.

this was a namepros special
There has never been a connection to NamePros other than it being 1 out of 1,000,000 threads on NamePros. We don't tell anyone what to buy or what not to buy, and we never endorsed anything regarding his sales.

If the terms of a deal are not honored, then we get involved and take action, like we did in this case. His marketplace access has been removed and his account is restricted. We can't predict which deals will and will not complete successfully, but we could become the first 100% safe platform in the world if we could. ;)

If there's anything else we can do to help, please contact our customer support team.

Thanks,

Edit: Replies to this post continued here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/1043823/

Last edited:
•••
Which makes one wonder. Was he setting something up the entire time? Maybe his sheep suit started wearing thin and he new his time was up. Or maybe I am just the wrong person to cross. Yes, it is only $200 but it is way more than that to me and I have such a hard time letting such things go.

Reminds me of when I lost money to Adam Dicker...... Big post on NP about that, many affected. Lesson learned. I do not give out one cent until product/service is completed and only then, to a reputable escrow company. Sad that a handshake and someone's word no longer matters. Thats what it was like when I grew up many moons ago.

•••
If he wouldn't approached me like a cheap car salesman I guess I'd be also on board.

Even via pm he refused to answer any questions about the structure, setup, revenue sharing, legal structure, etc.. you know, all that important boring stuff beside "shut up and take my money".

In fact, after I expressed interest.. he put on pressure in several PM's .. "PayPal now or you miss the opportunity.. " .."when is PP coming?"

Not a single answer to any question.
Just phrases like:
"we have a great team" .. "it's all fine" .. "I'm a longtime veteran super earner member sharing my stuff.."

pretty much the same you already read here in this thread.

Finally I passed as it seemed way too spammy and scammy.

Last edited:
•••
I have received a total of $4 and have put in $200 :(

•••
You are correct that I did intend on doing exactly that. However, after some careful consideration and professional guidance that I have been given, I will not be discussing this any further here. The people affected have been given my contact info and I would appreciate leaving it at that. Discussing any further on this site is not in my best interest and I now feel that it wouldn't be professional to give a play by play of this unfortunate situation on a public forum. The members that are/have been affected know who they are and they can contact me. Thank you.

Todd
You don't feel the need to warn other members of clues to other aliases or the factors that led to this person doing what they did?

•••
His plan kept changing. First he wanted to park the names and make money from that but with all those TMs that was a risk waiting to explode (not to mention parking is on a downward slide.) Then there was some kinda game dev thing and I think not long after that he disappeared after never paying anyone back.

Still wanna know why this guy isn't perma-banned after scamming a bunch of people here on NP.

•••
Well, he was arrested again last January for driving with a suspended license and I tried to warn as many people as possible to no avail. My posts were either deleted or I was temp banned for them. Saw this coming from my first interactions with him.

•••
Reason doesn't matter. Careers can be rebuilt, reputations are forever..

•••
•••
Great news! I literally stayed awake straight through last night and I have eyes on him to include his aliases and personal current place of residence and phone numbers(significant others). Took a few misses with calling people who have his old number and boy did they have things to say to me about who I was looking for. He is hunkered deep but I kept pursuing through his entourage that seems to be hiding him. Thank God he tripped up on one thing that I was able to exploit and verify that it was him and my info was current! For as much online presence as he had I really couldn't believe how much he was hidden.(All the more reason I now think/feel that this was by design! I even got to leave a voice mail this morning and an online chat which was very fufilling as I have also researched exactly what he did is called and the agency/agencies that are EXTREMELY interested in Affinity investing/investments.I tried bringing the chat avenue I had opened with him earlier and strangely enough, it wasn't available anymore.

I will not discuss this matter ANY further in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM ON Namepros.com! For those of you that have been affected by this ,"situation," you may contact me at [email protected]. I WILL ONLY TALK TO THOSE THAT HAD MONETARY TIES TO THIS SITUATION THOUGH! Thank you to those that have reached out and helped.

Last edited:
•••
Discussing any further on this site is not in my best interest and I now feel that it wouldn't be professional to give a play by play of this unfortunate situation on a public forum.

I don't think anybody is asking for a play by play. I think people just want to understand scope. Though, I didn't invest in the fund, so if you feel you have all the tools / people you need to complete the investigation, then by all means, go radio silent and let us know the outcome.

It is my experience that informing the public will help uncover, confirm, or debunk any questions. Though, some questions are believed to be best asked directly or through proper channels. Also, by keeping it public, you leave room for others to come forth with additional info. Even if that info doesn't seem pertinent, you never know when it might come to scope. For instance, I think I remember BBW saying in the chat that he will personally guarantee the investment. Going as far to say that even if it fails, he will cover it out if his personal funds. Basically, to me, insinuating it was a win/win. Now I don't remember the timeline of when this was said, might have even been before (or around the time) the investment fund thread was created. Others have confirmed in the chat that something of this nature was said. These night not be the conditions you signed onto, but they were conditions I remember reading that made me consider joining at one point.

Understanding that we aren't asking for a playbook, can you answer the below questions that I asked, to which you said you'd reply to...

@Keukatodd - Not sure if this was mentioned somewhere, but when did you invest in the fund? And when did you request a withdraw?

Lastly, and this is just a suggestion, please leave his family out of this unless you feel they are involved. I understand a call or two to try and reach BBW. I only mention this because you say you have eyes on him to include his residence and significant others phone number. IMO, family shouldn't be used as a pressure point. Again, this is coming from somebody who doesn't know full scope.

Last edited:
•••
So he went rouge over 2K. I get the impression he didn't scam people intentionally, he just couldn't cash the cheques his ass had wrote so to speak. Shame cos if he had just put his hands up and said it was not going well he would probably still be here. All speculation on my part though.

•••

I also have the feeling. If he says "I fucked this up, the money's gone, let's sell the names and share the money", I would accept it.

What was the purpose of this club, this person was outside their means, if they were so successful they wouldn't need to scrape $200 per person. It doesn't make any sense.

It started as a group of people, who share their thoughts and build something together. You know, the 1+1>2 stuff. I felt there's a problem when he didn't involve in anything.

•••
To confirm, zurc.net did express concerns about this at the time, but unfortunately, when those concerns are voiced in a user's sales thread, they are considered sales crashing and have to be removed.

However, threads can be created for those concerns outside of sales threads, like in a review thread (which this is), in a Warnings & Alerts thread, etc.

I just wanted to let everyone know the options available for the future so that we can hopefully avoid any issues. We want NamePros to be as safe as possible, and that comes largely from the community helping each other. :)

Thanks,

He’s right, some were in his sales thread. Also a post was made in either warnings & alerts thread or suggestions group, can’t remember which one, and quickly closed.

•••
From May 4 2017:
My questions were-what kind of skills are you looking for in your group? and what is the buy in?
Answer:
"how much are you looking to invest?"

That was an immediate red flag and I passed.
Not against a domain investment group, just not BBW's.

•••
•••
•••
The ONLY REASON I sent him my money was to save face, i.e my reputation on NamePros. I had mentioned I might be interested in investing in his group at one point and he pretty much told me that what I had said, "Hey, I might be interested in investing in your group at some point." was enough for him to go buy advertising with and if I didn't go in now, I would be in bad faith.
Being a relatively new member here and seeing his credentials I went against my better judgement and sent him the money so that I kept my membership here clean!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back