IT.COM

Reviews, ideas, and advice are appreciated

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

inzo

Established Member
Impact
Firstinspire.com

have been working on this site for almost a year now. Suggestions and reviews as to how diverse(in terms of content) the website can go and any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
i don't talk about the footer, I talk about the ads area.. add there background image..

.entry ins {
background: #D5E1EA;
background-image: url("http://yourwebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/ads-img.jpg");
margin-bottom: 15px;
}
ins.adsbygoogle { background: transparent !important; }

How about this? The loading image might take time. Ads are already affecting page speed, don't wanna add too much to it.

Last edited:
•••
Are you using the totalitarian AMP plug-in? This strips the main navigation menu on many Wordpress themes. Well done for checking the mobile view. Many people forget this. Mobile is likely to account for the majority of visitors on most websites. Credit to the digital industry because most of the websites I use have excellent mobile viewing capability including Namepros. Well done @Bravo Mod Team.
Nope, not using Amp. It's just that the theme was broken after an update and can't get it fixed even after reaching out to the developer. By the way, Namepros is on Xenforo software. It's one of the best Forum software out there very much optimized for mobile and Desktop.

•••
@inzo I have a question for you. How do you stay up to date with all the different software packages you use for this and other developed domain names like domain management, web hosting, C.M.S. and plug-ins, advertisement platforms, marketing tools and so on and so forth? I'm interested in whether you have a set system / routine or learn what you need as you go? Cheers.
It's usually a combination of both. Every platform has its own purpose, I just figure out what works for me and try it. I have learned a lot past few years especially about advertisement platforms. Almost I learn as I go and adapt a few things and keep them as routine. Most of those decisions are based on after-sales service/support, Community involvement, easy adaptability, etc.

•••
As a general rule are you able to run an effective developed domain name portfolio by using the free features of software packages / themes / plug-ins or do you go paid / premium? I ask because you said you tried and no longer use Yoast, however the Yoast premium packages offer many benefits that the free versions do not.
I did use Yoast Premium, but there are others too. All in One SEO and Rankmath are equally good. Domain Development with free resources is possible but not if you want to generate some income. probably investing in premium services will help you develop it better.

•••
It is very slow..
Ok, I don't see the main idea of this blog/site.
If your focus is on motivation, then add to the homepage not quotes, but questions..
Something to catch the attention... something about the importance of motivation, procrastination etc..
I don't want to see the latest posts on the blog I have no idea is about..
So why the 1st thing I see is your latest posts list?
Well, thanks for the suggestions. As the name suggests the idea is to motivate and inspire through articles and quotes. There are so many articles on draft yet to be finished. I will consider the suggestion and look at how I can bring Quality articles upfront. And yes it isn't optimized for mobile speed yet.

Last edited:
•••
This is completely up to the person and their perception, If you are depressed then probably it is just for you.

Every Website has a high bounce rate based on visits, but it isn't visits that just matters, there are impressions too.

Lol, this isn't my first website. This is my first website on this niche.

There are not too many borders, too many shadow effects, it's just one border, one shadow effect.

As said the works are yet to be finished lol, I barely have 300 pages the target is more than 2k at least. Which means it has loads of work to do.

What he gave was a technical review of the website and his view on how it works. LOL, Clearly he did not get into CSS and Design aspects whatsoever.
Just add light gray to the background..
And make quotes something like this
https://freefrontend.com/assets/img/css-quote-styles/Pure-CSS-Blockquote.png
https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/round-corner-blockquote.png

Last edited:
•••
The o.p. clearly doesn't understand advanced S.E.O. because the meta titles and descriptions are sh1t. I was offering some advanced S.E.O. advice.
Lmao LOL okay Chill dude.

•••
He asks for a review... I gave my review as a potential visitor..
Even if I get this site in search results, I will leave it in less than 10 seconds..
Now re-imagine yourself as a visitor looking for Bruce Lee quotations. Are you satisfied?

•••
Lmao LOL okay Chill dude.
I am chilled. Just don't like people taking the p1ss. How much time have you spent studying your competitors? brainyquote.com, goalcast.com, goodreads.com, inspiringquotes.us? When you get on page one I'll consider listening to your chucklesome interjections. Until then sort out your S.E.O. son.

•••
How I can be satisfied if I even dont get this site in results?
I could understand if after all his great work, he could show at least 1 of these 2 results:

1. Visual site design that could attract, be user-friendly, intuitive etc...
2. The 1st page in search results...

I don't see any os these 2 results
I agree with you. Unlikely to get on page one and therefore gain enough traffic to make enough revenue. Highly likely to get bored and quit. Hope I'm wrong though. It's nice to see a half decent web site for once. Most of what's wrong on @inzo's site is easily fixable in 24 hours. Maybe he or she is playing video games and chilling.

Last edited:
•••
@redemo Thanks for the review. Yes, I'm planning to keep the website simple and clean. Am no longer using Yoast, and no matter what tool I use for SEO or for the Meta tags. sometimes it gets picked Randomly by Google based on the content. I do keep track of keywords but some of the top keywords are highly competitive. So trying on low competitive keywords and then work uphill.
Oops. I missed this post in all the furore. Why aren't you using Yoast plug-in? Is there a better one? Please share. Cheers. Also you are ranked 28 for Bruce Lee quotes. Let me let you in on advanced S.E.O. for Google image search. Your image file structure is probably the worst file name I have ever come across. Not optimised for S.E.O. in the slightest. You should not be using date-arranged file names. Where are the keywords? bruce-lee-quote-the-more-we-value-things-the-less-we-value-ourselves.jpeg is an optimised file name. Now get to work!

•••
I'm just sticking to my question about content and diversity. I haven't been working a lot on SEO or Design. Google's algorithm is sometimes a pain in the arse as well. That is is why I'm looking for content.
What problem are you trying to solve? Maybe you are trying to branch out too far with this site and should instead split it up into multiple web sites? What is your pillar content if not quotes?

•••
Google's algorithm is sometimes a pain in the arse as well
I am hopelessly in love with G's algo changes, which are deployed to ward off the evil forces of Darth Vader and The Joker. Everyone complains it's all G's fault. But the simple thing to do is go with the flow and surrender yourself to the eternal hypnosis of the algorithm.

•••
seriously?
then explain to me why after the last google updates, every night at 3:00 (GMT+2) I get at least 50-60 visitors on my news site always from the same place - Boardman town in Oregon... the town with just 3300 habitants... and every day (according to their time zone) 50-60 of them visit my site, different pages but always 50-60 people together at the same time, everyday ritual...
google wisely algorithm?
You must have a fan club in Boardman, Oregon. Could be the ghost of Samuel H. Boardman is spooking you. Just follow the algorithm rules and you will both be fine.

•••
branch out too far with this site and should instead split it up into multiple web sites?
Might have multiple websites as well. or a subdomain for that matter. or will make use of goodquotes.xyz instead of redirecting it.

•••
I'm planning on keeping it to inspiration as the name states, all I would think about is quotes at that point but I'm planning on more than quotes like stories, etc. there are a few on my mind. The initial intention was to bring inspiration (inventions and stories behind them). But went with quotes for now.
How about using your design skills to make 20-second quote videos with inspirational free stock music? Nobody has mastered this yet. One cheap way to take on the big guns at scale (and beat them). Where there's a will there's a way. William Hazlitt. 1822.

•••
•••
•••
i even have traffic on my site which you criticized a few months ago..
Criticism is what a public forum is for. Do you think it was constructive criticism I offered you or just worthless information?

•••
Criticism is what a public forum is for. Do you think it was constructive criticism I offered you or just worthless information?
you provided me with the information i never asked for..
i just wanted to hear something like "I would use this color, I would add here a tab, I would design the frontpage this way.. etc"... but I got only a bunch of useless comments about SEO and claims there was no taco information on my site...

Last edited:
•••
you provided me with the information i never asked for..
i just wanted to hear something like "I would use this color, I would add here a tab, I would design the frontpage this way.. etc"... and I got only a bunch of useless comments about SEO and claims there was no taco information on my site...
Oh I remember now. You're that psycho ex-girlfriend with the all CAPITALISED rant text messages. Lovely to see you again mate. Been far too long. Back to the o-p- I like the clean and uncluttered design. The images are well-presented and the You Tube channel is blossoming. All is fair in love and war. John Lyly.

•••
Oh I remember now. You're that psycho ex-girlfriend with the all CAPITALISED rant text messages. Lovely to see you again mate. Been far too long. Back to the o-p- I like the clean and uncluttered design. The images are well-presented and the You Tube channel is blossoming. All is fair in love and war. John Lyly.
I use capitalized text for blind ones, who even can't read the question before answering.

And there is no any design on the OP site

Last edited:
•••
I use capitalized text for blind ones, who even can't read the question before answering.
I don't think blind people care whether or not the text is caps or normal.

•••
Anyway let's stay on topic mate.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back