Dynadot

Reviews, ideas, and advice are appreciated

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

inzo

Established Member
Impact
Firstinspire.com

have been working on this site for almost a year now. Suggestions and reviews as to how diverse(in terms of content) the website can go and any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

on "first glance", adjacent to the FI logo, there is nothing in that space but a spyglass image

to me, in that area, there should be some content that defines what firstinspire.com is all about.

imo....

•••
Hi

on "first glance", adjacent to the FI logo, there is nothing in that space but a spyglass image

to me, in that area, there should be some content that defines what firstinspire.com is all about.

imo....
It should be okay now. Updated it!. Thanks.

•••
It is very slow..
Ok, I don't see the main idea of this blog/site.
If your focus is on motivation, then add to the homepage not quotes, but questions..
Something to catch the attention... something about the importance of motivation, procrastination etc..
I don't want to see the latest posts on the blog I have no idea is about..
So why the 1st thing I see is your latest posts list?

•••
It is very slow..
Ok, I don't see the main idea of this blog/site.
If your focus is on motivation, then add to the homepage not quotes, but questions..
Something to catch the attention... something about the importance of motivation, procrastination etc..
I don't want to see the latest posts on the blog I have no idea is about..
So why the 1st thing I see is your latest posts list?
Well, thanks for the suggestions. As the name suggests the idea is to motivate and inspire through articles and quotes. There are so many articles on draft yet to be finished. I will consider the suggestion and look at how I can bring Quality articles upfront. And yes it isn't optimized for mobile speed yet.

Last edited:
•••
.content-area {background-color: #8080802b;}

•••
Are you looking for a review or an appraisal @inzo? They are related but different. Review is more for your personal benefit as the owner and current / future developer. Appraisal is how much it's worth to sell on a web site for example Flippa. Happy to offer you focused feedback on either or both.

•••
Are you looking for a review or an appraisal @inzo? They are related but different. Review is more for your personal benefit as the owner and current / future developer. Appraisal is how much it's worth to sell on a web site for example Flippa. Happy to offer you focused feedback on either or both.
I was looking for a review. :)

•••
I'm working on the template for these reviews. I like the simplicity of your site and the fact it loads so fast on desktop and mobile. Good quality of incoming links ( imdb.com wikiquote.org, fandom.com ). You can improve the S.E.O. meta data and get all those rankings from page two and three to page one. I would say within one or two months. I'm very impressed with your use of simple black and white images with quotes and your web site address overlayed. This is very good for image S.E.O. Are you tracking keywords? You should be relentlessly attacking the main ones ( see S.E.O. recommendations below ) but as an example " bruce lee quotes " attracts 27000 searches monthly and your web site is position 28 on G. You need to improve this. Overall well done. Keep up the good work.

Some stats
S.E.O. recommendations
  1. Meta titles too short or missing ( Wordpress > Yoast > Search Appearance > Categories / Pages / Posts )
  2. Meta descriptions too short or missing ( same as above )
  3. Set up a keyword tracker with your top 100 target keywords ( winnie the pooh quotes 74000, maya angelou quotes 74000, martin luther king jr quotes 60500, dr seuss quotes 49500, and so on and so forth )
Timesaving tip! You can use your Yoast plug-in on Wordpress to do your meta titles and descriptions. You don't need to do it manually any more for each page. Just say if you need help to do this or go on Yoast site ( many videos ) https://yoast.com/help/configuration-guide-for-yoast-seo/#taxonomies.

Last edited:
•••
@redemo Thanks for the review. Yes, I'm planning to keep the website simple and clean. Am no longer using Yoast, and no matter what tool I use for SEO or for the Meta tags. sometimes it gets picked Randomly by Google based on the content. I do keep track of keywords but some of the top keywords are highly competitive. So trying on low competitive keywords and then work uphill.

•••
I'm working on the template for these reviews. I like the simplicity of your site and the fact it loads so fast on desktop and mobile. Good quality of incoming links ( imdb.com wikiquote.org, fandom.com ). You can improve the S.E.O. meta data and get all those rankings from page two and three to page one. I would say within one or two months. I'm very impressed with your use of simple black and white images with quotes and your web site address overlayed. This is very good for image S.E.O. Are you tracking keywords? You should be relentlessly attacking the main ones ( see S.E.O. recommendations below ) but as an example " bruce lee quotes " attracts 27000 searches monthly and your web site is position 28 on G. You need to improve this. Overall well done. Keep up the good work.

Some stats
S.E.O. recommendations
  1. Meta titles too short or missing ( Wordpress > Yoast > Search Appearance > Categories / Pages / Posts )
  2. Meta descriptions too short or missing ( same as above )
  3. Set up a keyword tracker with your top 100 target keywords ( winnie the pooh quotes 74000, maya angelou quotes 74000, martin luther king jr quotes 60500, dr seuss quotes 49500, and so on and so forth )
Timesaving tip! You can use your Yoast plug-in on Wordpress to do your meta titles and descriptions. You don't need to do it manually any more for each page. Just say if you need help to do this or go on Yoast site ( many videos ) https://yoast.com/help/configuration-guide-for-yoast-seo/#taxonomies.
I have no idea on what you base your review. The velocity is not good, the site is very slow from the mobile, but.. well, anyway, a few seconds is not a big deal to wait for..
In fact, 1 second or 5, it doesn't matter because the visitor will not leave because of 5 seconds waiting..
But this black and white design don't inspire anything.
How you can be impressed with all these boring images which inspire anything but depression?
He must at least make a background a little bit different, because (especially on the desktop) I see a lot of elements and have no idea on what to focus.
The quote area design is not good, too heavy, too many borders, and too many shadow effects..
All these inspiration quotes on the front page look like a bunch of something because of the same white background..
Anyway even if he makes great work with keywords and tags, the big problem is there is nothing to attract the visitor and the bounce rate must be too high and this is not good...
The worst thing is ads that I need to close every time I enter..
And I see a lot of blur and cropped images..
He must work on design because I don't think every session lasts for more than 10 seconds.. visitors come and go.. Visual representation is also important..

•••
How you can be impressed with all these boring images which inspire anything but depression?
This is completely up to the person and their perception, If you are depressed then probably it is just for you.

Every Website has a high bounce rate based on visits, but it isn't visits that just matters, there are impressions too.

Lol, this isn't my first website. This is my first website on this niche.
The quote area design is not good, too heavy, too many borders, and too many shadow effects..
There are not too many borders, too many shadow effects, it's just one border, one shadow effect.
All these inspiration quotes on the front page look like a bunch of something because of the same white background..
As said the works are yet to be finished lol, I barely have 300 pages. This isn't a Finished product. Which means it has loads of work to do.

There are so many things you can't focus on and are not sure what to look at? - well, I'm pretty sure, many others can.

What he gave was a technical review of the website and his view on how it works. LOL, Clearly he did not get into CSS and Design aspects whatsoever.

Last edited:
•••
This is completely up to the person and their perception, If you are depressed then probably it is just for you.

Every Website has a high bounce rate based on visits, but it isn't visits that just matters, there are impressions too.

Lol, this isn't my first website. This is my first website on this niche.

There are not too many borders, too many shadow effects, it's just one border, one shadow effect.

As said the works are yet to be finished lol, I barely have 300 pages the target is more than 2k at least. Which means it has loads of work to do.

What he gave was a technical review of the website and his view on how it works. LOL, Clearly he did not get into CSS and Design aspects whatsoever.
Just add light gray to the background..
And make quotes something like this
https://freefrontend.com/assets/img/css-quote-styles/Pure-CSS-Blockquote.png
https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/round-corner-blockquote.png

Last edited:
•••
So chums, here's a re-cap of the o.p. " have been working on this site for almost a year now. Suggestions and reviews as to how diverse(in terms of content) the website can go and any other ideas would be much appreciated. " Where the F does it say anything about design or C.S.S.? Thought so.

I don't give a rats arse about the design. It's a quotations website not a Miss World contest. What matters is traffic and revenue. The S.E.O. is showing signs of potential but still way off page one for serious keywords. The o.p. clearly doesn't understand advanced S.E.O. because the meta titles and descriptions are sh1t. I was offering some advanced S.E.O. advice. Should I stick it up my backside? If you want to irritate your visitors with obtrusive pop up ads you will annoy them. Up to you. Some will click and earn you money. Others will bounce and give you negative feedback to the algorithm. You must know your stats by now. I stand by my liking of the simple design. If you want to fiddle about with C.S.S. and fancy colours go right ahead. Your visitors want to see quotes, lots of quotes, the best quotes first, they don't care about CSS and design. I ran some tests and what Google sees is a fast-loading website on desktop and mobile. What I see is a work in progress with big potential but a sh1t lot of procrastination.

•••
He asks for a review... I gave my review as a potential visitor..
Even if I get this site in search results, I will leave it in less than 10 seconds..

•••
The o.p. clearly doesn't understand advanced S.E.O. because the meta titles and descriptions are sh1t. I was offering some advanced S.E.O. advice.
Lmao LOL okay Chill dude.

•••
He asks for a review... I gave my review as a potential visitor..
Even if I get this site in search results, I will leave it in less than 10 seconds..
Now re-imagine yourself as a visitor looking for Bruce Lee quotations. Are you satisfied?

•••
Lmao LOL okay Chill dude.
I am chilled. Just don't like people taking the p1ss. How much time have you spent studying your competitors? brainyquote.com, goalcast.com, goodreads.com, inspiringquotes.us? When you get on page one I'll consider listening to your chucklesome interjections. Until then sort out your S.E.O. son.

•••
Now re-imagine yourself as a visitor looking for Bruce Lee quotations. Are you satisfied?
How I can be satisfied if I even dont get this site in results?
I could understand if after all his great work, he could show at least 1 of these 2 results:

1. Visual site design that could attract, be user-friendly, intuitive etc...
2. The 1st page in search results...

I don't see any os these 2 results

•••
How I can be satisfied if I even dont get this site in results?
I could understand if after all his great work, he could show at least 1 of these 2 results:

1. Visual site design that could attract, be user-friendly, intuitive etc...
2. The 1st page in search results...

I don't see any os these 2 results
I agree with you. Unlikely to get on page one and therefore gain enough traffic to make enough revenue. Highly likely to get bored and quit. Hope I'm wrong though. It's nice to see a half decent web site for once. Most of what's wrong on @inzo's site is easily fixable in 24 hours. Maybe he or she is playing video games and chilling.

Last edited:
•••
I am chilled. Just don't like people taking the p1ss. How much time have you spent studying your competitors? brainyquote.com, goalcast.com, goodreads.com, inspiringquotes.us? When you get on page one I'll consider listening to your chucklesome interjections. Until then sort out your S.E.O. son.
Okay being quiet doesn't work it seems, I understand you are an SEO genius, I do have a few more websites that have better rankings and get at least a million visitors a month. Now, this is fairly a new website I work on when I get time so there is a lack of content, understood!!. As said I did not ask about SEO either. AS per O.P's question was all about how diverse the content can get. Not about SEO. Goalcast, Brainyquote, Goodreads(FFS) are not fairly new websites and owned by corporations I mean Goodread seriously? They have been there for ages and they don't rank high for everything and they aren't my top competitors. May be one among 1000's websites that rank for quotes. I didn't want my website to rank only for quotes, that is exactly why I had a question about diversity.

Last edited:
•••
I agree with you. Unlikely to get on page one and therefore gain enough traffic to make enough revenue. Highly likely to get bored and quit. Hope I'm wrong though. It's nice to see a half decent web site for once. Most of what's wrong on @inzo's site is easily fixable in 24 hours. Maybe he or she is playing video games and chilling.
Maybe he is searching for inspiration..
I also have a bunch of sites in development and sometimes I need 1 year or more to get started..
But that's why all my sites focused on my hobby and not on just trendy something..
If the idea is to make a trendy site, I do it within 24 hours...

Last edited:
•••
@redemo Thanks for the review. Yes, I'm planning to keep the website simple and clean. Am no longer using Yoast, and no matter what tool I use for SEO or for the Meta tags. sometimes it gets picked Randomly by Google based on the content. I do keep track of keywords but some of the top keywords are highly competitive. So trying on low competitive keywords and then work uphill.
Oops. I missed this post in all the furore. Why aren't you using Yoast plug-in? Is there a better one? Please share. Cheers. Also you are ranked 28 for Bruce Lee quotes. Let me let you in on advanced S.E.O. for Google image search. Your image file structure is probably the worst file name I have ever come across. Not optimised for S.E.O. in the slightest. You should not be using date-arranged file names. Where are the keywords? bruce-lee-quote-the-more-we-value-things-the-less-we-value-ourselves.jpeg is an optimised file name. Now get to work!

•••
I understand you are an SEO genius
I'm not an S.E.O. genius. Just understand that G has an algorithm with simple rules. If you don't follow the rules then don't expect rewards.

•••
Oops. I missed this post in all the furore. Why aren't you using Yoast plug-in? Is there a better one? Please share. Cheers. Also you are ranked 28 for Bruce Lee quotes. Let me let you in on advanced S.E.O. for Google image search. Your image file structure is probably the worst file name I have ever come across. Not optimised for S.E.O. in the slightest. You should not be using date-arranged file names. Where are the keywords? bruce-lee-quote-the-more-we-value-things-the-less-we-value-ourselves.jpeg is an optimised file name. Now get to work!
I appreciate the SEO concerns, Yes, it isn't optimized.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back