IT.COM

Reviews, ideas, and advice are appreciated

NameSilo
Watch

inzo

Established Member
Impact
Firstinspire.com

have been working on this site for almost a year now. Suggestions and reviews as to how diverse(in terms of content) the website can go and any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
@inzo
much better and clean now,
think about removing the shadow effect and making your blockquotes airier removing your heavy borders
and make all images in single posts width: 100%;

and check the rest of your fonts.. for example, here:
https://www.firstinspire.com/david-charles-hahn-the-boy-who-built-a-nuclear-reactor/
That text with image, can't be bigger than principal font size...
must be smaller and even more light
Had to change the design because the navigation menu disappeared from Mobile view, even though it was designed responsively, somehow the menu triggering didn't work for mobile.

•••
Now who's been drinking? Come on this is a sensible web site review and ideas discussion where the o-p- is asking us for sensible feedback. Let's raise the bar now. I think the o-p- has enough tips to be getting on with. I hope @inzo uses Yoast to sort out those meta titles and meta descriptions. An easy fix to improve S.E.O. Takes an hour at most even for a novice, which the o-p- clearly isn't. It would be illogical not to make this fundamental and easy S.E.O. improvement.
Yoast is great for content with few topics and few keywords. Will work on SEO soon.

•••
Had to change the design because the navigation menu disappeared from Mobile view, even though it was designed responsively, somehow the menu triggering didn't work for mobile.
Are you using the totalitarian AMP plug-in? This strips the main navigation menu on many Wordpress themes. Well done for checking the mobile view. Many people forget this. Mobile is likely to account for the majority of visitors on most websites. Credit to the digital industry because most of the websites I use have excellent mobile viewing capability including Namepros. Well done @Bravo Mod Team.

Last edited:
•••
Are you using the totalitarian AMP plug-in? This strips the main navigation menu on many Wordpress themes. Well done for checking the mobile view. Many people forget this. Mobile is likely to account for the majority of visitors on most websites. Credit to the digital industry because most of the websites I use have excellent mobile viewing capability.
all normal site owners always check all modes: desktop. tablet and mobile.

•••
Are you using the totalitarian AMP plug-in? This strips the main navigation menu on many Wordpress themes. Well done for checking the mobile view. Many people forget this. Mobile is likely to account for the majority of visitors on most websites. Credit to the digital industry because most of the websites I use have excellent mobile viewing capability including Namepros. Well done @Bravo Mod Team.
Nope, not using Amp. It's just that the theme was broken after an update and can't get it fixed even after reaching out to the developer. By the way, Namepros is on Xenforo software. It's one of the best Forum software out there very much optimized for mobile and Desktop.

•••
@inzo I have a question for you. How do you stay up to date with all the different software packages you use for this and other developed domain names like domain management, web hosting, C.M.S. and plug-ins, advertisement platforms, marketing tools and so on and so forth? I'm interested in whether you have a set system / routine or learn what you need as you go? Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
@inzo I have a question for you. How do you stay up to date with all the different software packages you use for this and other developed domain names like domain management, web hosting, C.M.S. and plug-ins, advertisement platforms, marketing tools and so on and so forth? I'm interested in whether you have a set system / routine or learn what you need as you go? Cheers.
It's usually a combination of both. Every platform has its own purpose, I just figure out what works for me and try it. I have learned a lot past few years especially about advertisement platforms. Almost I learn as I go and adapt a few things and keep them as routine. Most of those decisions are based on after-sales service/support, Community involvement, easy adaptability, etc.

•••
It's usually a combination of both. Every platform has its own purpose, I just figure out what works for me and try it. I have learned a lot past few years especially about advertisement platforms. Almost I learn as I go and adapt a few things and keep them as routine. Most of those decisions are based on after-sales service/support, Community involvement, easy adaptability, etc.
As a general rule are you able to run an effective developed domain name portfolio by using the free features of software packages / themes / plug-ins or do you go paid / premium? I ask because you said you tried and no longer use Yoast, however the Yoast premium packages offer many benefits that the free versions do not.

•••
As a general rule are you able to run an effective developed domain name portfolio by using the free features of software packages / themes / plug-ins or do you go paid / premium? I ask because you said you tried and no longer use Yoast, however the Yoast premium packages offer many benefits that the free versions do not.
I did use Yoast Premium, but there are others too. All in One SEO and Rankmath are equally good. Domain Development with free resources is possible but not if you want to generate some income. probably investing in premium services will help you develop it better.

•••
'

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back