IT.COM

Review Minisite alternatives to parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've been working on two hosted minisites as an alternative to traditional parking. Thought I would see what people think of the templates.

Browns Gear - This is a free commercial template that I tweaked to fit the necessary elements. Focus is Cleveland Browns football merchandise.

Big Game Seats - This template was created from scratch. Focus is on sports tickets.

The goal of both is to create hosted pages that incorporate affiliate links, standard size banners, adsense and other features/scripts/feeds/widgets related to the domain keywords.

Any input or advice is appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GILSAN said:
Nice Mrizos. How did you get it to look like that. Did you use Dreamweaver?

GIL :)

Thanks Gil. I just used a whypark template, then basically ripped out thier[[mainbody]] and [[related]] tags and inserted my own content. I kept their style sheet because it looks so nice.

•••
nice....so is that still a parked site at whypark?

•••
•••
xxfireflyxx said:
I get taken straight to a DS landing page mrizos. Don't know what is going on there

dns issues. It seams like a slow propagation process with moniker.

•••
•••
thetruman said:
Very well done. looks very professional also if quick and dirty
:hehe:

Thanks man. They are very easy to setup. I have a saved template, so I can crank sites like this out in under an hour.

•••
Can finally see it. Looks good, and straight to the point. I like it. :)

•••
The site is working now. Moniker finally changed the dns.

Last edited:
•••
Barefoottech said:
You NEED way more content to satisfy Google's TOS
Get a couple of articles (NOT RSS Feeds) real good old fashioned text
I have been doing Adsense Friendly Minisites to replace a park page for years.some
examples below in signature and at MiniSite.info and equitycredit.info

hey, cheers for the info...
one thing i noticed was the minisites one was showing ads about mini cars, which would probably get less click thru than ads about blogs, websites etc (which i think have a higher CPC, too)...
tough if you want to SEO for minisites not webpages, but i'm sure the guys in the SEO forums here would have the answers to this!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back