IT.COM

Reseller accounts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
ok so someone explain to me how a reseller account works?

im not looking to start my own domain company but im interested if it will make things alittle cheaper for me personally, i buy alot fo domains every month from godaddy, and someone said about a enom account? will this be cheaper?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i just registered 2 domains with 1and1. Cheap price (5.99) and offers what I need (DNS management and free pushes), but they are very slow... slow interface as well as slow registration... Takes about 24 hours for domain to show up as registered.

I have not been a big fan of GoDaddy, but just registered 60+ domains today with one of the WWD resellers... 5.95 for .us and .biz.

My question here is can you push a name from a WWD reseller to a Godaddy account or does the account being pushed to have to be with the WWD reseller? I know I should ask them, but curious if anyone else knows.

Registerfly is probably my favorite because of their frequent specials.

Enom... Slow interface, I have a 7.95 account with them and use it to renew my .infos ($4.95)

Just my take on it. If anyone can answer my question above I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dave

•••
A reseller is someone who has servers and space and they sell you a certain amount that you can sell to other people. So for instance I pay:

$49.95 a year
5GB of space
100GB bandwidth

$6.99 for domain name

I have already made $60. So I have broke even in one month. When people buy domain names you give them your DNS (Domain Name Servers) and then you can specify email accounts, MySQL databases, Space, and bandwidth.

•••
TheComputerGeek247 said:
A reseller is someone who has servers and space and they sell you a certain amount that you can sell to other people. So for instance I pay:

$49.95 a year
5GB of space
100GB bandwidth

$6.99 for domain name

I have already made $60. So I have broke even in one month. When people buy domain names you give them your DNS (Domain Name Servers) and then you can specify email accounts, MySQL databases, Space, and bandwidth.
BareFootTech ,Goes over to corner of his Computer ROOM and Rocks back and forth in Despair .
Words fail me.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back