IT.COM

Reseller accounts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
ok so someone explain to me how a reseller account works?

im not looking to start my own domain company but im interested if it will make things alittle cheaper for me personally, i buy alot fo domains every month from godaddy, and someone said about a enom account? will this be cheaper?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How many domains do you buy every month ? If that's really a lot, you could buy them cheaper than 8.95 yes. But in most case, you'll have to pre-pay your domain names. Except if you buy from a reseller a reseller account with 6.95 or 7.95 pricing like I did.

•••
i buy any where between 20-50 new domains each month

as off current on all my accounts i have 35+ domains, and have just sold 12 domains

is that enough to consider a reseller account?

•••
If you dont buy a reseller package, Have a look at BlueRazor.com They are a division
Godaddy.com only 7.20 per name with membership.

•••
out of interest why would godaddy create a division site thats look exactly the same but has lower prices?

•••
If you have 35 domains and buy 20 each month, it's like 275 new registration/renewal each year. You need a $2500 budget for a year at Godaddy for that. At $6.95 my budget is less than $2000 for same numbers of domains yearly. Even you buy a 6.95 account for $200-250, it's a better deal. And you avoid the advertised and terrible interface from Godaddy :D

•••
bare in mind i sell these domains on, only a few i keep to develop which are mostly forums

can i have a few more details on how it all works

say i take out a $250 reseller plan from godaddy, then what? what does it mean/do

my understanding is i cna then use up that mont in that account to buy domains at a cheaper rate, from my self? yeh?

Last edited:
•••
Even you sell, you need to buy them before to can sell.
20 new registration each month make 240 each year.
At $2 off on each domain, you win $480.

•••
135791 said:

say i take out a $250 reseller plan from godaddy, then what? what does it mean/do

my understanding is i cna then use up that mont in that account to buy domains at a cheaper rate, from my self? yeh?

still alittle confused

•••
135791 said:
bare in mind i sell these domains on, only a few i keep to develop which are mostly forums

To straighten out some of the confusion
1/ Reseller Accounts from WildWestDomains
only give you a reseller site and access to the products to resell
it DOES NOT give you any pre-paid balance you can use for the purchase of names
2/ Prices are $99 Basic Names @ $7.75
$199 Pro reseller Names @ $7.00
$229 Super Names @ $.700
and Ability to resell reseller accounts
(some super resellers sell the basic & Pro cheaper)
3/ eNOM & WWD Resellers have access to hosting,SSL Certs and other products (edited)

4/ There are other options besides WWD & eNOM for resellers of Domains
DIrecti (YUK)
PlanetDomain (OK)
5/ If you are just wanting to buy for resale and want a good price ,
Registerfly offer a bulk rate on domains that is often the cheapest
available .

Last edited:
•••
im just after purchasing a large ammount of domains, cheaper than what godaddy currently offer

•••
Hey can some 1 help me out

I want a reseller plan with 0 downpayment

Prices that i should get domains in

.com/.net/.info/.us/.org/.biz : rs. 250-280 / $ 6 -6.5
.co.in/.net.in/.org.in/.gen.in/.firm.in/.ind.in : rs. 250-280 / $ 6 -6.5
.in Registration : rs. 500 -550 / $ 12-13

I would pay up NP$ in downpayment but only upto 200NP$

I would like Fully customizable and brandable domain reseller.

•••
is a domain name with a developed site sold at a higher price|?

•••
Barefoottech said:
Unlike eNOM ,WWD Resellers have access to hosting,SSL Certs and other procducts

Sorry but enom has a full line of product too like hosting, SSL Certs, etc.
Thanks to explain better I can do anyway Barefoottech ;)

•••
anyway Back on Topic,
Godaddy,BlueRazor & Wild West Domains are all the same Company.
Surley you already know about godaddy.
BlueRazor: offers domain & other products but cheaper than Godaddy because there
is a $10.00 yearly membership fee.
Wild West Domains. Offers you the ability to resell domains and other products to your customers. at a discounted rate.(You Set The Price)
But for the basic reseller there is a fee of $99 per year.

•••
oks which is the cheaper way for me to bulk buy domains?

•••
1and1 has only $5.99 per domain, it seems cheaper. But I must have missed something here, did I?

•••
didnot Godaddy have frequent deals??
To me, the deals are much more cheaper than most other registrar.

Is that right?
or Am i missing something here?

Please advise.

I have an Enom reseller account that charge 8.95 for new reg or renewal, which is still expensive than godaddy.

Thanks

•••
cache said:
1and1 has only $5.99 per domain, it seems cheaper. But I must have missed something here, did I?

ive had a few bad expierences with 1and1

•••
what bad experience did you have? I don't like their auto-renew, but other than that 1and1 has been OK for me.

135791 said:
ive had a few bad expierences with 1and1

•••
135791 said:
oks which is the cheaper way for me to bulk buy domains?

Ok, short'n sweet: BlueRazor.com You pay a yearly $10 membership fee. When you bulk register 50+ domains you get them at $6.75 BlueRazor.com is a safe and stable registrar. Never experienced any trouble.

•••
how much are they normally? i might signup

•••
135791 said:
how much are they normally? i might signup
Normally they're 8.95 at enom and godaddy.

BTW, I think name.com sells them for 6.99 - that's where I had my first ever domain.
I haven't used them in quite some time, but you might want to look around, see what people say about name.com before paying for a reseller acct. at enom or something similar

•••
ok cool, thank you, il check them out

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back