NameSilo

Reseller accounts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
hi.

What does it mean when someone says they're selling a $6.95 enom reseller account? Or a certain extension enom reseller account? I don't know anything about this. enlightenment needed. Thanks much,
johnny

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Johnny! :)
Enom's got $6.95 / $7.95 / $8.95 Enom "Reseller accounts" ... prices being how much you pay for each registration/renewal. $8.95 accounts are free ... you pay more for the $7.95 and $6.95 accounts (they are more valuable because they allow you to register for less/per domain name). I'd recommend everyone getting an (free) $8.95 Reseller account ASAP being in this business, and then get to know what's going on with the functionality, comparisons, benefits, etc. After you do the math and crunch the numbers with regard to break-even, one can then upgrade to either a $7.95 or $6.95 account. I know it's a lot at first ... to fully comprehend. ;)
Here's some more on the subject, as well.
Thread: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27752

All the best!
:wave:

•••
ah! thanks a million coolhost, i mean wavehost er... mailcool...um.... :)
i really appreciate it. cheers,
johnny

•••
i think there are people on this board selling both 7.95 and 6.95 accounts. i believe that to make these accounts work, though, you need to deposit a certain amount of money upfront with Enom, like $100. then all your reg fees get deducted from that amount. once the account is out of funds, you need to fill it with another $100. is this right?

•••
Right, (minimum) $100.00 deposits for ALL Enom Reseller accounts ... and they subtract $3.00 in fees. So, essentially, for every $100 U.S. you put in there (you can use Paypal to fund, too), it converts to $97 "Enom Bucks" for use with your registrations, renewals, trasnfers-in, etc.
I just "re-filled" my account y'day for $100.00 ... easy as pie! :tu:

PS. Just call me "Wave"! ;)
See you soon.

•••
The $100 requirement is only for PayPal and Credit Card refills. There are no minium amounts for refills by check or bank transfer.

Last edited:
•••
Good point, Prof!
I have only ever done Paypal or credit card when re-filling ...
Rock 'n Roll.

•••
While I encourage everyone to save as much money as they can...I would also suggest that before anyone buys an 7.95 or 6.95 account that they do some research.

Fact - NOBODY but enom can create a new user id for a $6.95 account. If you recently obtained one I would be looking over your shoulder because Big Brother will come knocking soon. The only two places that can legally create $7.95 accounts are ModernBill and Whois.cart. I have spoke with Modernbill and eNom today and can confirm this. Moral of the story -- if it looks to good to be true or is something you have heard is impossible, then it is probably illegal.

•••
When I did the math, I was suprised that i wouldn't save MORE! If you have a $7.95 Enom reller account, for every $100 you deposit you only save $12 bucks (97/7.95=12.20). That's only one reg per year. I guess I thought it would be more for some reason. What are the other reseller benefits? You can create new Enom accounts and get commissions for regs, right?

Acts,

What about people who aren't creating new accounts but have extra existing accounts created years ago?

•••
Interesting point, Bill. I think this issue probably is contested (or not understood) by the staff inside Enom itself.

I spent several phone calls talking with one Enom staff member about buying a $7.95 account from an unknown party. This guy looked up the name of the seller and verified the authenticity of the account for me. When I called back to check on a second account for sale, I was told by a different staff member that I shouldn't buy from anyone from a "foreign" country. Despite the curious xenophobia (fear of foreigners), neither one mentioned anything prohibited or illegal about buying a reseller account this way.

Ironically, the second Staff member advised me to buy a reseller account from ModernBill for "7.95" but I never could get through to a human and no one at ModernBill ever returned the requests for information that I left. Go figure! :|

•••
From discussions with my sales rep at eNom they are in a holding pattern about the old $6.95 accounts. They are aware that many ETPs created dummy accounts right before the change but at this time eNom has not decided to delete them.

One more point while I am semi-standing on my soap box.

Unless somebody plans to actively use a $6.95 account they are really wasting money. You would need to register/renew more than 100 domains a year before it would pay for the cost of buying an old $6.95 account.

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by acts837
. . . One more point while I am semi-standing on my soap box.

Unless somebody plans to actively use a $6.95 account they are really wasting money. You would need to register/renew more than 100 domains a year before it would pay for the cost of buying an old $6.95 account.

Excellent point -- even from your perch on the soapbox, Bill! ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back