IT.COM

Request to Epik

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
Every time one of us performs an operation for $20 or less through paypal or any other similar service..we waste time and money lost on fees if we consider that a part or the total of that amount will be reinvested on epik...so why epik not offer the same service..like PayPal...but for 0 fees or Lee's than paypal and not withdrawn option...we would save money and time.--this is for domains out of epik. Right now I sold 10 domains to individual buyers....so I have to get the payment on PayPal...lost money and pay to epik..lost time.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks @gipson. Have you seen our payment service called Masterbucks.com? Well, it is about to get a whole lot better with a full payment suite and cloud wallet, including for holding crypto. If anyone wants to see a preview of Masterbucks 2.0, just PM me and we'll be happy to share some details with you before it goes live later this quarter. However, yes, payments are a broken area and PayPal is greedy with fees. Personal pay used to be free, but now see $4.99 for personal pay transactions which is crazy.

•••
Thanks @gipson. Have you seen our payment service called Masterbucks.com? Well, it is about to get a whole lot better with a full payment suite and cloud wallet, including for holding crypto. If anyone wants to see a preview of Masterbucks 2.0, just PM me and we'll be happy to share some details with you before it goes live later this quarter. However, yes, payments are a broken area and PayPal is greedy with fees. Personal pay used to be free, but now see $4.99 for personal pay transactions which is crazy.
Yes but MB don't let me get payment like paypal

•••
Yes but MB don't let me get payment like paypal

Sure, you can payout to PayPal, Wire, ACH,Transferwise and major crypto.

Verified accounts can already now move funds to other accounts.

And soon it will be real-time where verified accounts can redeem in real-time without human review.

•••
I'd love to see the ability to cash out Masterbucks into Amazon credit (since they don't take paypal).
😁

•••
I'd love to see the ability to cash out Masterbucks into Amazon credit (since they don't take paypal).
😁

Interesting concept there -- the ability to fund Amazon. We'll need to run some kind of poll to prioritize all the different ways folks might like to be paid.

FYI, we can deposit to Snapnames, NameJet, and Afternic currently as a manual process but could make that programmatic.

•••
Have been testing out Epik and enjoy many of the features. The support is usually great.

One thing that's disappointing is the long gap ("long" in domain time -- at least 30 seconds) between the time I submit a registration and the time when the domain is actually registered.

I lost a great name because of this gap, which does not occur at other registrars.

On top of this, Epik's system is not intelligent enough to determine that it was not able to fulfill an order. So now I have to contact Epik support by email to request a refund for an order they were not able to fulfill.

Until this is fixed, I cannot trust Epik to reg names.

Last edited:
•••
Have been testing out Epik and enjoy many of the features. The support is usually great.

One thing that's disappointing is the long gap ("long" in domain time -- at least 30 seconds) between the time I submit a registration and the time when the domain is actually registered.

I lost a great name because of this gap, which does not occur at other registrars.

Until this is fixed, I cannot trust Epik to reg names.

It is registered in a few seconds. If you are finding differently, let's discuss the details via PM and show you the reality. In most cases, it is seconds. It can be that during the drop it is longer.

I see you registered a domain today that was registered by another a few seconds earlier. I will send you the log there so you can see it.

•••
6 hours later, I am still waiting on a refund for the order that Epik could not fulfill.

Buyers should not be charged until the name is securely in our account.

Further, we should not have to email customer support to ask for a refund when the domain was not delivered.

No domain registration, no charge. Keep it simple.

•••
6 hours later, I am still waiting on a refund for the order that Epik could not fulfill.

Buyers should not be charged until the name is securely in our account.

Further, we should not have to email customer support to ask for a refund when the domain was not delivered.

No domain registration, no charge. Keep it simple.

Check your balance. It was refunded there, but you can request refund to payment source.

I have asked @vitigo and team to deploy a code update to automate the cancellation and refund the instant the domain is missed. That is coming but is apparently a task:

upload_2019-12-11_18-3-53.png

I am sure you think we are ignoring you. I can assure you that we are not.

•••
•••
Check your balance. It was refunded there, but you can request refund to payment source.

I have asked @vitigo and team to deploy a code update to automate the cancellation and refund the instant the domain is missed. That is coming but is apparently a task:

I requested a refund to the payment source immediately. If the account is not charged until the domain is regged, this issue would not exist.

I don't think you're ignoring me.

Your level of support and transparency are impressive, and I appreciate you listening to feedback.

Last edited:
•••
I disagree with this. Payment first, then product.

If payment comes first, this should mean the product will be delivered.

In this case, payment came first and there was no product.

Then, I had to contact online chat and email the Epik support team, who then had to communicate with Epik accounting, to get my refund, which has still not come.

All for a $8.49 domain.

If I was not charged until the product was acquired, this headache could have been prevented.

•••
Other registrars have managed to solve this problem by refunding payment to payment source instantly if a domain is not acquired and notifying the buyer by email that this has occurred.

Looking forward to Epik's solution

•••
If payment comes first, this should mean the product will be delivered.
Your acting like Epik is the only business that takes payment before delivering a product. Many businesses do this. If a product is not available, then you get a refund. Unfortunately, this is a case where many people had to get involved to get a refund. I don't know if this is the typical process for Epik, but payment before product is part of life. (Hopefully Epik can get a better solution if it is the problem.)
Ever deal with Afternic support? It typically takes 3 days before they get back to you.

•••
Other registrars have managed to solve this problem by refunding payment to payment source instantly if a domain is not acquired and notifying the buyer by email that this has occurred.

Looking forward to Epik's solution

Just use the $8.49 backorder. It is the same price and works better than your hand-reg project.

•••
Your acting like Epik is the only business that takes payment before delivering a product. Many businesses do this. If a product is not available, then you get a refund. Unfortunately, this is a case where many people had to get involved to get a refund. I don't know if this is the typical process for Epik, but payment before product is part of life. (Hopefully Epik can get a better solution if it is the problem.)

@CJ6 you would also be frustrated if you paid for a domain, the order wasn't delivered, and then you had to go to the trouble of contacting online support and then emailing customer support to request a refund for the domain that never came. Even though I did all of this right away, I suspect my payment source will not be refunded until tomorrow at the earliest.

So this is a problem.

I appreciate that Rob and the team acknowledge this and are working to find a solution.

•••
Just use the $8.49 backorder. It is the same price and works better than your hand-reg project.

I don't typically try to hand-reg during the drop hour. This was an exception.

Will give Epik backorder a try. Thanks

•••
hi, where do you put the promo codes in at checkout? I cant find the box? :(

•••
@CJ6 you would also be frustrated if you paid for a domain, the order wasn't delivered, and then you had to go to the trouble of contacting online support and then emailing customer support to request a refund for the domain that never came. Even though I did all of this right away, I suspect my payment source will not be refunded until tomorrow at the earliest.

So this is a problem.

I appreciate that Rob and the team acknowledge this and are working to find a solution.
Yes, frustrating, definitely.

•••
hi, where do you put the promo codes in at checkout? I cant find the box? :(

We don't have Promocodes for the moment. If there is a deal, we tell everyone.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back