Dynadot

[REQ-LOGO] - Software Logo - $40 USD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest: Logo (For Open Source Software Project)
Prize: $40 USD (paid via Paypal)
Contest End Date & Time: Wednesday, April 10th @ 12:01am

I am an unimaginative moron when it comes to design, my brain just doesn't work like that, so you have free rein to do as you please as long as you keep the below guidelines in mind.

Format:
I'd say PSD, but I'm not sure if that would be correct for something like this. Perhaps an AI file? Like I said, I'm a moron when it comes to design so I'm not entirely sure what professional designers would use. Just output in your standard source format and I'll work around it.

Size:
As long as it's a landscape rectangle that can be resized the size doesn't matter too much as I can do the proper resizing on my end. It's going to end up being a pretty small logo though. Check out the live demo of the software (URL removed for privacy) to get a feel for how big the logo will be in the end.

Color:
Background: White
Suggested Colors: Red, Black (the current highlight color in the software is #CC0000 red)

General Requirements:
Logo Text: "(text removed for privacy)"

Additional Information:
This logo will be used for an open source software project called (text removed for privacy), which is used to manage a collection of domain names. In case seeing the software in action will get the creative juices flowing, feel free to check out the live demo at (URL removed for privacy).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here is my try:

5x7jh5.jpg

Can make any changes if required.

Thanks,
gct

•••
Feedback Appreciated.

domainmanager_zps8d5f9ec7.jpg

Regards,
Sammy

•••
Some Concepts
domain2copy.jpg

domaincopy.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi demaxxus. I hope you like what I've come up with.

6RvTqLc.png

Last edited:
•••
Hi!
My submission.

Attachments

• DM Logo.jpg
    DM Logo.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 64
•••
•••
I'm really sorry for the lack of feedback everyone. For some reason I'm not getting my email notifications so I completely forgot to check the contest. I haven't been on here in a while so I thought maybe the contests were slowing down a bit and there weren't any entries.

That said, I don't really have much feedback. None, actually. You've all stuck to the requirements and given some great designs!

Just over 24 hours left and a winner shall be crowned!

•••
d1corectn2.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

29325370.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

44323540.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

31484895.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I've spent the past hour or so testing these out within the software to see how things look, and this is not going to be an easy decision. Some great work here.

•••
•••
And now for my least favourite part of these contests... choosing only one winner. This was a tough one too. While working on the software tonight I was swapping between logos, trying to get a feel for each of them for a while to see which one worked the best overall, and it was really, really not easy to decide.

But without further ado, I shall stop my rambling and crown Hayes the winner! Congrats man! I'll send you a PM with some details.

Thanks to everyone who entered, and I'm sorry (really) you didn't get picked. I really don't like this part of the contest, but I guess that's what a contest is. Maybe next time.

•••
•••
Thank you both! Sending files now.

•••
Files received and payment sent.

Congrats again Hayes!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back