Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Decent.xyz
7888 usd
6 installments
First sale in DAN 2.0.

No further info please. Thanks

•••
Another one in the same stream:

Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 8 months. Hand reg. Landers at Afternic NS5/NS6

( see here the reason the $299 sales stream, if you haven't read it already )

Note: There's another one bought with different TLD, but I'm awaiting funds to clear first

Later edit: One interesting thing about 2-word XYZ is the type of domains that have sold.

This is very different from .co for example. I have a lot of financial and tech names, well unlike .co, none of that sold in xyz. But I'm selling all sorts of more generic, market level end-user domains like "happy//nation" and "cool//world" etc. Now that's really interesting.

Last edited:
•••
Another one in the same stream:

Show attachment 197193

Afternic BIN, hold time 8 months. Hand reg. Landers at Afternic NS5/NS6

( see here the reason the $299 sales stream, if you haven't read it already )

Note: There's another one bought with different TLD, but I'm awaiting funds to clear first

Later edit: One interesting thing about 2-word XYZ is the type of domains that have sold.

This is very different from .co for example. I have a lot of financial and tech names, well unlike .co, none of that sold in xyz. But I'm selling all sorts of more generic, market level end-user domains like "happy//nation" and "cool//world" etc. Now that's really interesting.

nice... may I ask how many about u hold of xyz to get such regular stream of xyz sales...ty

•••
nice... may I ask how many about u hold of xyz to get such regular stream of xyz sales...ty

I have different niches and types and much more. But counting those that appear unsellable out, probably about 2500 of xyz in the pile where this came from.

•••
@twiki just for you as you said, yesterday sold:

SpiceGrub

(dawtcom)

•••
Sold 2 domains today for $100 here in Namepros.
NoGap.co for $30
OilHub.co $70

Last edited:
•••
•••
And the bigger brother of the .xyz (now paid):

Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 10 months. Drop reg.

•••
I did a hand reg a few month back on expired and listed on Afternic
paid
maskswap.com
sold for 999.00

•••
I did a hand reg a few month back on expired and listed on Afternic
paid
maskswap.com
sold for 999.00

cool ..not bad name for recent reg..this was bin? where did yer lander go? afternic?

•••
forgot to add up:

SpiceGrub

Sold: 2299
Venue: Brandnic
Holdtime: 07-08 months

•••
Congrats..

your domain sold for $2,999 in 36 monthy install, when do you get full paid?
after 36 month? or buyer/DAN Pay you every month? thank you
It's just monthly payments, no full payment or lump sum, that's the whole point of these installment deals.

•••
Got my first SH sale last month:

Domain: E/v/s/i/e in king
Sale price: $2899
Sale Venue: SquadHelp
Hold time: 10-11 months

Got net proceeds of only about $650 as it was a SH-owned name. Need to sell one of my own owned names next.

•••
OprEx \ dot com, sold for $3000 at DAN.

•••
Smoothy /dot io, sold for $1200 at Afternic

•••
Backorder Capture from May 2021

No further info as to not clutter this thread.

buildingdreams.png

•••
Edify.xyz
2995 usd
Afternic BIN

No further details please. Thanks

•••
a/p/l/e/n/d/i/n/g .com
$999
After BIN
GD Closeout
Hold Time: 2 months

I liked the ap prefix and lending is popular keyword, priced it for $2500 at AN, dropped it to $999 and sold in two days, maybe could have got more, but it was one of the first domains I purchased after doing the hard work of listening to podcasts and upgrading the quality of my names. This is my highest .com sale ever in domaining. It isn't XXXX yet, but still learning an upgrading my portfolio.

On a side note, I had this pointing to DAN and had not changed the price to reflect $999, I had it priced originally at DAN and got a $100 offer and then dropped to $490 and once Fast Transfer became eligible on name, I lowered price on Afternic from $2500 to $999 and it sold, so next time need to check prices across domains more frequently. Lot of details in this post, but this community is amazing.

Last edited:
•••
Live/Style /.in
USD 150
Hand Reg last Sep
Thanks to DAN

•••
\\ d w i n d l e s \\ com
$895

Negotiated with buyer via email from initial Whois inquiry, and then closed the sale as an Epik Marketplace sale.

Buyer has not yet changed my DNS, but is a tiny, early-stage nonprofit, so I let name go for less than I would normally.

Although a dictionary word, and I saw multiple ways it could be used, word only appears once in Open Corporates (very rare anything that few times), and no other TLDs registered (kept thinking buyer might settle for hand reg .org, but he really wanted the .com). That made me more eager to sell, since might be long time before an inquiry from someone else. Even though sad to have one less dictionary .com in my portfolio, as hard to come by single word .com within my acquisition price range.

Name acquired through NameLiquidate Auction late 2020. I had already renewed it a few years in advance, and used that in negotiation as a selling point.

The current creation date of the name is just late 2019, but according to HosterStats multiple registrations and drops, starting before 2000. Interestingly, I see that HugeDomains were one of the prior owners, holding it from 2015 to 2019.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
AmpOffRoad.com

$2000

Afternic BIN fast tansfer

holding months : 12 months

•••
PupDay.com
$150
Dan
Hold time: 20 days

Attachments

• IMG_20210810_175148.jpg
    IMG_20210810_175148.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 174
•••
j/-v.co
Price: $500
Venue: Afternic
Cost: $50 dollars on NP
Hold Time: <45 days

Priced this domain at $999 and then dropped it to $500 and sold it next day, it is a hypen .co, never sold a hyphen name until now, I did register a dozen or so hyphen .com names after I saw Twiki and others with success on hyphen names, those are new and nothing to report on that batch yet. My thought was j/v.co is $XXXX+ name (joint venture) and j/-v.co at $500 was great value for end user, not sure who picked it up, probably could have gotten more than $500, but still learning and adjusting my portfolio prices as I gain knowledge. I think I may have grossly undersold this name, any thoughts would be great from the community, you can DM me, please don't post on here and clutter the thread.

Last edited:
•••
ArtRoom.co
Price: 4900€ ($5750)
Net: 4374€ ($5125)
Venue: DAN at BIN price in 12 instalments
Cost: 55$ (Registration plus 3 renewals)
Hold Time: 3 years

I found this beautiful domain at the list of expired domains and immediately i registered it. After 3-4 months i received an offer of 100$, I counter for $500, but I had no reply.
Then I had it at bin for 1900$, but no offers. Meanwhile I was selling it here to many Domain Requests, for $300, but no one was interested.

Few months ago, I increased the price to all my domains at DAN. So I set BIN at 4900€ and minimum offer at 850€.
Few days ago, it was sold at BIN price in 12 instalments and I have already received the first payment.

The interesting thing here is that it was sold at a higher price than the artroom.com ($5101)

Last edited:
•••
Cymru /dot co, sold for $1800 at Afternic Faster Payment - Transferred already !

Registered December 2020

My home country.

•••
Back