Labeled as various in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by RJ, Apr 19, 2005
Bought it for $129.99 on Dynadot a few months ago.
Domain name: gjk9//com
Purchase Price: $7.28 hand-reg on 23 March, sold today
Sales Price: £100 (~$140)
Sale venue: DAN
Sale Type: Outbound
Time took: ~28 days
Tasseling /// com
$400 Afternic BIN
Hand reg on drop held 3 years
MOST AMAZING THING is that Afternic paid within 8 hours of me sending the transfer authorization code! ANd this was a manual transaction.
Another one just came in. Afternic BIN, hand reg, hold time 4 months.
Just had my 3rd $xxxx and first brandable marketplace sale on @squadhelp and I am excited 🥰🥰🥰.
HT: 4 months
Bought for $10
wow no sales in like a month... new record...sucky.
let's hope this little guy is gonna start me on a streak... well... good news is..during that month I had my first 5fig offer... and sale opportunity.. at 22k.. on an .io name.. but deciding to wait out for more on it...
320$ gd offer..no outbound.. 2yr reg.
Purchase price: $12.99 (Dynadot Expired Domain Auction)
Hold time: 2 months
Also sharing small sale since I have a story.
I bought my first 200 .co promo domains on epic when I was brand new to domaining.
I didn't know what to look for and what I didn't know what TLDs talke were.
I just went to expired domains .net and selected deleted .co that were available
And then I just eye balled and shortlisted whatever looked good for me. It was July 25th 2021
There were couple guys saying that even if I sold one for 199, I would break even.
None of those 200 domains have sold. I have even did nameliquidate twice. Nada. Good looking names.. Like elote (means corn cob in Spanish), digilat (I thought a clever way to brand Digital), DownJacket ( I even made a custom background for the epik lander lol), colombianDentist (You know a dentist in colombia would surely like the dot.co.. Well that batch was my learning
My next batch i bought in November. By then, I had learnt my lesson. I bought about 600, and I have been selling 3-4 .co domains every month for 499 since november. Now I have around a 1000 and still selling
ANyway, since I was selling 3-4 names for 199-499 (I get make offers sometime and I usually accept since I don't want have time to haggle for a promo .co name), I wanted to test something and since April, I update the price of all my promo .co names to 1499 - 1988 starting April.
My thinking was, selling 1 name for 1988 was better than selling 4 at 499 since I had time till November, if I can manage to sell 1 per month.
I changed all the names except the first 200 names. (Now I have changed them too since I don't have hopes for them so why not moonshot)..
And while I missed this name haha. This was still 299, and it sold. I would say I was lucky. I might not have sold this if this was 1988, but fate works in strange ways.
I rechecked my names this was one of 3-4 names that I forgot to update. Or maybe I thought this was not a brandable and left at 299, I don't quite remember... My memory is not so good specially when you are pricing and repricing a 1000 names...
Anyway, it sold and I am glad it did. Because I believe it takes the right price at the right time to make a sale
(Just my opinion)
OK, back my repricing story, since I updated price to 1988 earlier this month, I got 4 make offers, and I sold 2 for 200 each (Staffroom . co and green something.)
2 other names, I countered and they replied politely that went for other names. One was a .io so I don't care and I wouldn't have priced low any anway.
But the other name, It would have surely been binned if it was my old 499 lol. He offered 350 and I got greedy after checking his name on Linked in but he turned out to be a cheapskate and we got into a awkward situation and he later said he bought an alternative for under 500
So far my learning is that I am still getting make offers when I am pricing them higher. I am yet to make a BIN since I have increased them, so I have now removed make offer also on lots of names lol.
Good thing is, the .co.uk name I reported earlier this week for 1988 was priced at 999 for 3 months and it got updated to 1988 when I repriced my .cos
Waiting for my 4 figure .co sale again. Haven't made any 4 figure .co sales since I sold Lassie for 2988 and Soluciones for 4K
getting bored of this 299-499 sales haha
So you were sellling 3-4 .co domains at 199-499 each month since november.
And you updated to 1500-2000 this month?
And youve had 2 four figure sales since.
It was July 25th 2020**
Sorry, your post is good info but confusing.
So you repriced this month.
2 sales at 200$.
2 others, one was a 350$ offer, buyer walked away.
The other one was for a .io (you were talking about .co).
You've lost me. What's the lesson here?
Lol I was typing away too fast without editing.
Make it 3 offers. Yeah, I got 4 real offers and one was a .io. Not sure why I even mentioned. Maybe because it was the same day
Yes. July 2020
Yes, I was selling 3-4 .co names (cheap promo names) every month since around November/December.
As of now I have about 1000 promo .co names
In April I repriced the promo .cos to 14xx-19xx
And no I have not had any 4 figure sales since I did that, but it's been only 3 weeks. They only made offers, so 2 names foe 200 each, and the one today for 299. SO now I removed the make offer also on some names and did only BIN to see how it affects the sales.
When I repriced the .co, I also repriced other TLDs, and sold a .co.uk for 1988 (it was priced at 999 before april)
What lesson? i am not giving any lessons. Just sharing my thoughts
Afternic BIN, hold time 7 months. Hand reg.
Afternic BIN, hold time 2 weeks. Caught at drop.
I'm still not so much fond of this name, But since it sold so fast now I wonder if I underpriced it by a lot. Anyway, money in the bank.
You don’t gotta be a fan of it just be happy you sold it even if it sold under its value
Purchase price: $69
Hold time: 9 months
It has only 7 days to expire and I need cashflow so it's not a bad sale.
E V E N .in sold for 1500$ . Inbound and secure transaction done thru DAAZ .com .
Total cost $35
Hold Time 10 months
Handreg + Transfer.
Hold time 12 months
premium or standard listening?
Afternic BIN, hold time 6 months.
I am happy with this price for a 3-word. (don't have many 3-words btw). Picked up at drop.
Hold Time: 🧤 Reg + 1 Renewal
I also own f/i/c/o/o/n.com
Protocol.xyz sold for $ 8000 DAN
ClubHouse.xyz sold for $ 4995 Afternic
Blox.xyz sold for $ 3995 Afternic
SwitchBoard.xyz sold for $ 2995 Afternic
Tora.xyz sold for $ 2750 DAN
No further details please. Thanks
Price - $2699
Hold time 1 year
Separate names with a comma.