Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domain: e/s/p/o/r/t/x/p.com
Sale price: $499
Sale venue: Afternic dls
Purchase price: $8.99
Hold time: 12 months (was remaining with 21 days to expire)
Type: Handreg/Inbound

Last edited:
•••
Handreg in dec 2017 plus renewals/transfers sold for 2499 via afternic BIN in september last year (2020)
20210112_000427.jpg

Last edited:
•••
S/h/o/r/t/i/u/m/./c/o/m 'N P/o/c/c/e/t/./c/o/m

Investment: $8.5 Each / HandReg/
Sold Price: $49 Each
Hold-Time: Less than a week
Way: Promo on Every Domain Forums/Groups and DMs to Domain Request ( I don't know which one worked )

* Both are last week sales + *my first report * I just do small flips fyi

Last edited:
•••
Used Dan.com landing page and BIN for $499 but the buyer purchased it by typing it in Godaddy for $788 BIN.

Acquired it for $41 at expired auction in September 2020.

Attachments

• IMG_20210112_155645.jpg
    IMG_20210112_155645.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:
•••
Hello Namepros,

My 1st sale. I am very happy today because i started as a domain investor on Apr,2020 and after 8 month i received my ROI.

Domain: Thepsybrary.com
Sale price: $888
Sale venue: Sedo
Net Profit : $710
Purchase price: $8.49
Hold time: 58 days
Type: Handreg

•••
My 4th SH sale.

Name = T/U/T/O/R/C/R/E/S/T ( in king)

SP = 2799 USD ( 6 monthly installments)

My commission = 1956 USD ( 326 USD / month)

CP = 3.85 pounds ( 123-reg.co.uk)

HT= 4 Months.

Attachments

• IMG_20210108_145059.jpg
    IMG_20210108_145059.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 280
•••
Hi guys, another .in sale:

Domain: Clear.in
Sale price: £8,500 GBP
Sale venue: Daaz.com
End To End Transaction Time through Daaz.com: Less than 12 hours

•••
Hi guys, another .in sale:

Domain: Clear.in
Sale price: £8,500 GBP
Sale venue: Daaz.com
End To End Transaction Time through Daaz.com: Less than 12 hours

what's with the sav spam under his post..this aint funny

Last edited:
•••
what's with the sav spam under his post..this aint funny
Been noticing that.....its an ad that keeps popping up over the site?

•••
•••
This isn't @Truekumar whos adding this. I've seen that banner all over NP threads. Seems like they (Namepros) put it up there.

Just click one page back. It is always under the first post of (thread) page.

Last edited:
•••
Untitled.png

Sale price: $199

Venue: Dan BIN (corrected)

Last edited:
•••
K/a/g/a/t(.)com
Sold for $1885 via Brandbucket
Handreg 2014

M/a/c/m/o/b/i(.)com
Sold for $300 via Dan
$1 purchase + 3 ren.

•••
Untitled.png

Venue: Afternic BIN

Sale price: $199

Note: Registered only in 3 other (main) tld's, so I think the sale price was correct for this domain.

Last edited:
•••
K/a/g/a/t(.)com
Sold for $1885 via Brandbucket
Handreg 2014

M/a/c/m/o/b/i(.)com
Sold for $300 via Dan
$1 purchase + 3 ren.

Is this a Tagalog word or Malaysian-related?

•••
Is this a Tagalog word or Malaysian-related?
Yea, it's a tagalog word meaning bite or sting. Could also be a Malaysian term as per Wikipedia.

•••
Have you never heard of ads, Alcy?

of course i have but the real mind blow question for ya is.. do we want a trend to have them end up under all posts.. I prefer to tackle sheet at root level. like a good ol tooth that needs extraction do u know what I mean

•••
This isn't @Truekumar whos adding this. I've seen that banner all over NP threads. Seems like they (Namepros) put it up there.

Just click one page back. It is always under the first post of (thread) page.

yes I figured that much..that's why I said his post..not your post

well ain't life sweet slammed spamed with ada under posts on np.. never thought I'd see the day..first it will be 1st post on top then like all things itll evolve. or in case of np devolve

•••
Untitled.png

Venue: Afternic BIN

Note: This domain could indeed have been sold for more if kept longer term, but I discounted some domains to get better cashflow right now.

•••
BTW January has started full power for me:

Untitled.png

- Venue: Afternic BIN
- Hold time: 10 months, hand reg at drop

There is some additional intriguing story here.

The domain was listed with a low price by accident (my mistake) and then someone tried to lowball me with an $100 offer. I denied, and immediately corrected the price to 2488 everywhere listed. Less than an hour later, sold and paid via BIN.

This is NOT the first time I saw this nasty issue.

I think someone has access to someone else's purchase details and try to snatch the sale from the domain seller. (name was Benjamin(!) yeah, and offer was $100...? then I got via message, the same ol' story that he's a poor student and only has a hundred....? can I be a kind soul and make discount) And he was using a French IP via VPN, but his English was flawless US American...? Man, does this walk like a duck or not.

This has prompted me to an immediate and persistent change:

I've removed all make offer from all marketplaces and set fixed price only, by making the min offer price the same as the BIN price on all domains under 3K. If you are confident in your pricing, that's what you need to do.

I'll never go back to make offer again.

Last edited:
•••
BTW January has started full power for me:

Show attachment 179147

- Venue: Afternic BIN
- Hold time: 10 months, hand reg at drop

There is some additional intriguing story here.

The domain was listed with a low price by accident (my mistake) and then someone tried to lowball me with an $100 offer. I denied, and immediately corrected the price to 2488 everywhere listed. Less than an hour later, sold and paid via BIN.

This is NOT the first time I saw this nasty issue.

I think someone has access to someone else's purchase details and try to snatch the sale from the domain seller. (name was Benjamin(!) yeah, and offer was $100...? then I got via message, the same ol' story that he's a poor student and only has a hundred....? can I be a kind soul and make discount) And he was using a French IP via VPN, but his English was flawless US American...? Man, does this walk like a duck or not.

This has prompted me to an immediate and persistent change:

I've removed all make offer from all marketplaces and set fixed price only, by making the min offer price the same as the BIN price on all domains under 3K. If you are confident in your pricing, that's what you need to do.

I'll never go back to make offer again.

its not make offer that is the issue. Its make offer with a super low opening offer that you have no intention of selling at is the problem, congrats on your sale.

•••
its not make offer that is the issue. Its make offer with a super low opening offer that you have no intention of selling at is the problem, congrats on your sale.

Thanks! Correct, it was listed like that by mistake. However there are additional problems with make offer.

Someone that sees your domain on Sedo might also visit the domain and offer you half the price if you have make offer there - and you might take it and lose the full sale price. So by having make offer on the lander, you are likely to undercut yourself.

Also, I've seen buyers searching on both Afternic and Sedo and looking for where the price is lower. And the lander as well.

Again if you are confident in your pricing you should set BIN only. I have BIN on Afternic, Sedo and Dan and I prefer to sell retail price only for the ones that are indeed valuable. My price, or feel free to come back later.

Edit: You can spot if you're undercutting yourself, if you deny all make offers and it get bought via BIN at Afternic or Sedo 30 minutes later, and this repeats, then yeah - most likely it was your Afternic/Sedo buyer looking for a better deal.

Last edited:
•••
Another one in the can:
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 2 months.

•••
Here's to encourage to those who don't have sales in Jan: (I have 1-2 per day now)

Untitled.png

Handreg, 9 months.

Sold via Afternic BIN. Picked a moderate, appropriate price for this domain.

•••
Here's to encourage to those who don't have sales in Jan: (I have 1-2 per day now)

Show attachment 179221

Handreg, 9 months.

Sold via Afternic BIN. Picked a moderate, appropriate price for this domain.

Congrats on your sale, what is y po ur portfolio size?

•••
Back