IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domain : R//E//S//T///O//P//A//Y (in king. R e s t o is the short version term for "restaurant" in French)
Price : $3000 (was a make offer listing)
Venue: SEDO
Extra info: Initial offer was $250 on Sedo
-I replied with 5k. Then it was a negotiation.
-They came up a few hundred at a time.
-At some point I went down to 3k and mentioned that it was the lowest we were willing to go.. 24-48 hours later they accepted the offer.

** Someone last year had made an offer on this name, and I was willing to let it go for an amount that was very considerably lower as I was raising some capital, but the so-called buyer at that time flaked. Sometimes we may be irritated that buyers don't finalize (sometimes get irritated a lot especially after 2 weeks of negotiations!), but if the name is good enough, you may surely get more offers down the line

Last edited:
•••
Domain : R//E//S//T///O//P//A//Y (in king. R e s t o is the short version term for "restaurant" in French)
Price : $3000 (was a make offer listing)
Venue: SEDO
Extra info: Initial offer was $250 on Sedo
-I replied with 5k. Then it was a negotiation.
-They came up a few hundred at a time.
-At some point I went down to 3k and mentioned that it was the lowest we were willing to go.. 24-48 hours later they accepted the offer.

** Someone last year had made an offer on this name, and I was willing to let it go for an amount that was very considerably lower as I was raising some capital, but the so-called buyer at that time flaked. Sometimes we may be irritated that buyers don't finalize (sometimes get irritated a lot especially after 2 weeks of negotiations!), but if the name is good enough, you may surely get more offers down the line
looking there project ,the name is perfect fit.

•••
Just sold abc-studios.com for $4,999.

•••
•••
•••
Inbound via direct email (CSC Digital Brand).

•••
c/o/n/s/c/i/e/n/c/e dot ai
Price:
$2,400
Venue: Sedo
Hold time: just under 60 days (reg fee purchase)

First offer came in at $180, countered with low five figures as I thought the name was a great match for the extension, but after some back and forth, previous sales research, and their final offer coming in at 2400, decided to take the money.

•••
c/o/n/s/c/i/e/n/c/e dot ai
Price:
$2,400
Venue: Sedo
Hold time: just under 60 days (reg fee purchase)

First offer came in at $180, countered with low five figures as I thought the name was a great match for the extension, but after some back and forth, previous sales research, and their final offer coming in at 2400, decided to take the money.

I rarely say $2400 is not a lot of money, but Conscience in AI is possibly the ultimate breakthrough that many hi-tech companies are striving for, I think it was worth so much more.

•••
I rarely say $2400 is not a lot of money, but Conscience in AI is possibly the ultimate breakthrough that many hi-tech companies are striving for, I think it was worth so much more.

I thought about that a lot actually, and while I realize both conscience and consciousness are significant barriers for AI, my impression is that the latter is more significant. But alas, no regrets here, satisfied with the sale.

•••
xenoca*com/afternic/295$/handreg/6month

•••
Great name. Could've gone for mid $xxxx

•••
Sold K/i/n/d//C/a/r dot com $3500 at Brandbucket

Purchased for $35 at Godaddy expired in Feb. 2017

•••
H/a/c/k/ M/e/t/r/i/c/s dot com sold for $2495 at Brandbucket.

Handreg on Sept 30th 2017. Listed for about 7 months.

•••
sold Ivy/fashion/net
platform : Afternic BIN $50
net:35

Last edited:
•••
d/e/w/y/s/k/i/n dot com
Just sold for $2000 BIN at Afternic
Purchased for $25 in Feb 2018

•••
As the domain was at GD, you benefited from fast-transfer?

•••
Outbound has been low-key over past few weeks. My business model is shifting to mainly passive selling via incoming offers/leads.
Wow! Nice! This would have to be a long-term goal of mine. :)
How long did it take you to get to this point @Federer?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Buffet \.net, $2551, Flippa auction.

•••
•••
Reset /// Box .com
$1,500. Negotiated from Efty landing page.

Raged on drop with Fasthost deal. 1 renew

•••
U/p/A/l/p/h/a/com sold on BrandBucket for $2795
Bought in GD closeouts in August 2016

•••
Cashub dot Com sold for 999 USD through Afternic BIN.
I acquired it at 12.99 USD in April 2017.

•••
Okay, This is lesson to me :xf.rolleyes:

Domain: i/n/e/w/./n/e/t
Sale price: $350
Venue: Undeveloped.com
Purchase price: Regfee

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back