Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
People are upgrading from..co.uk to .uk but those with .co.uk only have the entitlement to .uk reserved until 2019 but some are already bought as .co.uk owner hadnt bought the .co.uk donains early enough

Although federer will know the exact details on .co.uk .uk entitlement etc no doubt

There's no denying that .uk is going to gradually replace the .co.uk extension, although it's going to be a slow process. That said, demand for .uk is becoming more popular as more people catch on. My .co.uk and .uk sales have out performed my .com names in recent months.

•••
.co.uk vs .uk
.co.in vs .in
Why don't people choose one extension in stead of using them at the same time?

•••
Because in the past you could only register at the 3rd level ie .co.in or .co.uk.
At a minimum, end users should secure the second level equivalent of their names for defensive purposes. Then they might as well use the names, in practice set up a redirection.
.in is now more popular than .co.in but it's going to take a long time for .uk to take over .co.uk - if that ever happens.

•••
Sold on BrandBucket
On/Bounce/com $2395
Bought in GoDaddy closeouts May 2016

•••
Just sold Cheapautoinsuranceinmichigan/com
Through Afternic
$205.
2017 handreg

•••
•••
Master-Events dot com
$2,000 - TBC next 48 hours.

•••
Sold on BrandBucket
On/Bounce/com $2395
Bought in GoDaddy closeouts May 2016
How many domains u have in BB, in average how many sales u have in BB per month

•••
Dr/Ripple/com, Dr/BCH.com, Mr/Cardano/com
HandReg ==> 30$
Hold ==> 15 days
Sold ==> 15$
Venue ==> NP
Loss ==> 15$

Last edited:
•••
Sold Malt/Maker dot com $500 couple of days back
Handreg picked up from @NameClerk.com 's list
Outbound

•••
Recent sale:

Domain: S//H//A//V//E//O//R//N//O//T// in king
Venue: Afternic
Sold Price: $2000 (BIN Fast-Transfer)
Hold Time: About 2 years
It's already in use

•••
Recent sale:

Domain: S//H//A//V//E//O//R//N//O//T// in king
Venue: Afternic
Sold Price: $2000 (BIN Fast-Transfer)
Hold Time: About 2 years
It's already in use
As I have seen it many times in this thread, I am curious to know what the word "in king" means at the end of domain. Can anyone please add a reply to this?

•••
it just means ".com", but we want to reduce the probability of google indexing it out of respect for a bit for the buyer, so it doesn't show up everywhere

•••
it just means ".com"

To expand a bit more - dot com is considered the "king" of all domain extensions by domainers because it sells the most and is used by most major sites as their main url - far ahead of most other extensions.

•••
How many domains u have in BB, in average how many sales u have in BB per month

While I do discuss individual sales I don't give out my overall sales stats even though I am often asked :) However, in past blog writings at DNgeek I've recommend domainers make a written business plan using a sales figure of around 2% as their target for sustainable success and money management. This can only be obtained once they've learned to stop buying junk domains. My sales on BB are in line with those numbers.

You can read my DNgeek blog or review my BB portfolio by using the links in my signature below this post. I hope that's helpful.

Good luck with your domain sales! :)

Last edited:
•••
Sold master-events.com for $2,800 (funds pending verification at Afternic - had a higher BIN, initial $2K offer; win-win deal for all parties.).

•••
Hempcentric (in king)

Sale Price: $399
Sedo: Make offer (1st offer $100 => $399)
Reg Price: Held for several months

•••
Recent sales... (both in king)

MakersJournal
HRDrone

Sale Price: $399 each
Afternic (Fast transfer)
Reg Price / Held for several months

Last edited:
•••
upload_2018-4-9_9-7-23.jpeg

Handreg Nov 2017
Sold end of March 2018
Flippa offer acepted $100
Flippa comissions $12

•••
I had registered one domain at fasthosts during their promo which was accepted and published at brandbucket. last year it was expiring along with my other bb names when i decided to sell it in reseller. I sold that domain for $10 at BB slack. buyer paid around $6.25 to transfer it at LCN. so buyer total expense was around $16. something and that domain listed for 1995 was sold recently, his net was around 1300 after deducting everything. domain name mentioned below

F/I/R/E/X/O I/N/ K/I/N/G

Buyer is not on NP hence i am reporting this sale after taking permission from him. Although i could have got this sale. but i am still happy for buyer specially because he had purchased names in bulk from me. ( about 80)

Last edited:
•••
resortcrypto (dot) com - $1,100 (funds secured @ Escrow.com)
urby (dot) co.uk - £1100 (transaction to be confirmed @ Sedo within 48 hours)
gtcrypto (dot) com - $1,111 (offer received/accepted @ Sedo, awaiting payment)
siao (dot) co.uk - £xxx (TBC @ Sedo within 48 hours)

Total cost of names: $16.

•••
@Federer , you continue your amazing score!

Can you please tell, your sales on Sedo - are the domains just sitting there on BIN / Make an Offer, or you push them to auctions?

Many thanks in advance.

•••
@Federer , you continue your amazing score!

Can you please tell, your sales on Sedo - are the domains just sitting there on BIN / Make an Offer, or you push them to auctions?

Many thanks in advance.

You read my mind.. I was just about to ask the same question.

•••
The majority have a min. $200/£200 asking price with no BIN.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back