IT.COM

Replacing 'S' with 'Z'

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

I was wondering what you guys think of replacing letters in domain names. How much does this affect the value of the names?

For instance:

advertise.com
advertize.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I totally dislike when someone do something like this! I dont see the point, other that being pop-smart...!

I dont know anything about the value though :D

•••
I've seen many mispelled domains that do quite well.
Typo's are good! All depends what your gearing for. :imho:

•••
The mypsace.com sold for alot. I forget exactly what it was but that sold for like 35k. You just gotta hit a gold mine with a misspell that has alot of traffic.

•••
Their value won't be the same as the original ones but these typos are good to get a lot of mispelled traffic.

•••
As for replacing letters, I think most people use it as a ploy to sell a domain (the buyer thinks its corrent spelling, yet its not). If you do decided to try and sell a few, make sure to be clear its a typo!

•••
sometimes the z is alternative spelling so is OK, but in general only works with 'non-commercial' domains and where a nice name may be secured for development.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back