IT.COM

Renewals (or non-renewals) with Name.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have a domain at name.com that I used for email (Google Apps) but due to an increasing amount of spam and due to other reasons I hardly use the mailbox anymore. Last year I renewed the domain because some nice emails from former friends are in that mailbox but when having checked the account less than 10 times in a year I doubt I want to renew it again. It will probably be a last minute decision to either renew or let it expire.

Just to be sure: Name.com have no policy that when you wish to NOT renew, you have to officially notify them X weeks prior to renewal date? For example United-domains.de have a rule that non-renewal has to be communicated to them 2 months before expiry. Does name.com have such a rule as well or are renewals done manually (and thus a name not renewed by due date through new payment, is expiring) ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If that drives only spam to you I suppose that not good idea to renew that domain name at all.

•••
Am I interpretating the FAQ correctly that renewals with Name.com are to be done manually, so if you don't pay by the renewal date the domain just gets cancelled and that's it?

There is no policy like "you have to notify 1 month in advance if you wish to not renew, otherwise renewal will go automatically" like some other registrars (eg United-Domains.de) have ??

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back