IT.COM

Registerfly, such crap!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I bought a major site some weeks ago for 1K. The domain was with registerfly and I wanted to renew because it was just some weeks left.

First of all you go to "Manage Domains" and there is NO button or link to renew domains. You first have to click on a button called domains and then renew domains.

They did not accept paypal, wtf!

So I used my credit card.

5 days later I get an e-mail.

We could not renew the domain historicalfiction.org in your account, details are as follows:

Purchase price is greater than available balance

I had over 5K on my credit card, not enough! wtf!

Some days later they get paypal and get all excited and send 2-3 spam mails.

I try to renew again, this time using paypal.

Then I get following mail:

This transfer request will transfer the domain name into the
ICANN Accredited registrar RegisterFly.com, inc. and it will also
extend your domain name expiration date by one year.

Transfer? wtf?

3 days later I go back to check and I see:

Transfer in progress

Just renew the got damm domain!

I get kind of stressed and I decide to transfer my domain to godaddy to my other domains.

Almost fully impossible to find the authorization code. At is located at the real end of the who-is contact information ...

So then I try to transfer. Failure, "Invalid Auth Code"
I try again: Failure, "Invalid Auth Code"

Then I click on the big button on the top of the page: "Live sale chat"

I fill in the form with my question, the window closes. I try again, the window closes.

I wait patietly, perhaps I will get answer on the e-mail.

Then I get an e-mail from live chat:

Really excited I open:

Unable to deliver message.
Error message: 550 sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.7.17)

Wtf!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yeah they have major problems esspecially when the specials are running.

•••
i think they're not ready for business, leave it alone. go to another registrar. :td:

•••
Nothing new. I've had almost all those things happen to me at one time or another.

Pretty soon namepros is going to have to make a forum section just for registerfly complaints the way things are going.

•••
weblord said:
i think they're not ready for business, leave it alone. go to another registrar. :td:
pretty sorry but i must agree, altough they have the greatest interface in the business :(.

•••
Damm, I want to solve this now.

Can anyone do me a favor?

Click on "Live Sales Chat [online]" that are on the top of all the pages. Is it working??

•••
ahtum said:
pretty sorry but i must agree, altough they have the greatest interface in the business :(.

They had the best interface in the business and I had stated that myself a few times. Bulk edits quit working about 5 months ago, and the database became full of errors. the best interface it the world is worthless if it doesn't work, you get errors, lose domains, and can't trust their info on what is due for renewal and what isn't.

•••
Click on "Live Sales Chat [online]" that are on the top of all the pages. Is it working??
Appears to be. Asked me for name, email and message. I didn't go further.

•••
verbster said:
Appears to be. Asked me for name, email and message. I didn't go further.

Yes, but if you write something and click send the thing closes and you get an error e-mail.

•••
write something and click send the thing closes and you get an error e-mail.
Yup...you're right. Pretty silly...especially with this statement I found:

Contact our Customer Service Representatives 24 hours a day,7 days a week, 365 days a year. For all technical, account and billing related inquires you should always use the Support Ticket System

•••
Beware

This company is a complete sham/e, back when it first opened up, it was good, then I don't know what the hell happened, they've been on a down-ward spiral ever since. The reason you got an email saying that "Purchase price is greater than available balance" is because they are referring to your 'Quick checkout' balance within your registerfly account. They want you to make all of your purchases thru quick checkout because they know that you won't ever get your money back once you transfer money into it. Run away from this company, and run as fast as you can. You can try to get your money back, but I can say is good luck. Oh and be prepared for it to take WEEKS to transfer and domains that you have to another registrar. Please refer to my post in the Legal Dispute forum to complain about this company to ICANN. Woof.

•••
The domain historicalfiction.org was registered at Enom. Perhaps that's why it was a transfer and not a renewal? Anyway, the transfer is initiated successfully, it seems.

•••
flussie said:
The domain historicalfiction.org was registered at Enom. Perhaps that's why it was a transfer and not a renewal? Anyway, the transfer is initiated successfully, it seems.
Registerfly Domain = ENOM, INC. :|

•••
FYI Jim, registerfly was an enom reseller who have secured their own registrar
accreditation. They're trying to consolidate all domain names from their former
enom reseller account to their very own system.

Registerfly sent notices as far back as February to inform people of their new
renewal system. Unfortunately not everyone got it, especially since email isn't
as reliable as it once was.

When you try to renew your domain name with registerfly, they're requesting
enom to transfer it to them. In essence, you're really doing a registrar transfer
instead of a plain simple renewal.

What makes this more complicated is that registrars are using the Extensible
Provisioning Protocol (EPP) system the .com Registry is forcing everyone to
switch to on or before Oct. 28. The major effect of this is what you described
in one part: providing the so-called "auth code" or EPP code/key.

So whether you renew with registerfly or transfer the domain name to another
registrar instead, it's not going to be easy. With a little "patience", you can
still salvage the situation.

So step by step:

1. Try to get the auth code from enom. Call them if you have to.

2. Unlock the domain name and make sure contact details are yours.

3. Either renew with registerfly or transfer to another registrar, whichever you
are more comfy with.

4. If the registrar's online system asks for the auth code, give it on the spot.

5. Be ready to confirm the transfer both with the gaining and losing registrar.

Whatever happens, maintain focus on trying to save the domain name with
everything and anything you possibly have.

Hope these help.

Last edited:
•••
I try to renew again, this time using paypal.

I'm having the same issue with their convoluted system....might want to check your paypal records as (in my case) payment for renewal is pending for over one week or so.....riduculous as I've used Paypal elsewhere to renew with instant approval and transaction finality.

Registerfly is simply inept...period.

Regards
Steve

•••
registerfly sucks and they ran a fraud drop catcher for a while called expirefish.

I am happy to say FRAUD on public boards. I hope they sue me so I can see their books.

stay away!

•••
Quick update:

Still "Transfer in progress"

I tried to contact support

Via email

Bouncing back, not valid adress

With support ticket

Normally support issues are handled within 2-3 hours however, allow at least 24 hours for a response from our support team.

My ticket from 2 days ago has not been answered.

Live chat:

Chat Information Hello, Welcome to 24/7 Registerfly.com Customer Support Service. Please wait for a site operator to respond. Your call will be answered in the order that it was received.
Chat Information All our operators are currently assisting others customers. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
Chat Information All our operators are currently assisting others customers. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.

And that last message has been repeated the last 10 hours.

EDIT: Thanks for your info anyway

•••
Typical Regfly situation. Domainers need to learn to stay away from them. The promised savings are never worth the trouble.

Jim, Dave Zan had it right. You'll have to contact Enom and complain and demand the REAL AUTH CODE as Regfly often lists the WRONG AUTH CODE. (Yell at them, they deserve it!)

•••
Jim_Westergren said:
Registerfly, such crap!

Actually, I think that might be their new slogan for 2007.

RegisterFly.com - "such crap!"

:)

•••
lol welcome to the crowd sir, I think 80% of this board really hates them.

•••
When did you start the transfer? It normally takes about 6 days to complete.

•••
I hope you got your problem solved. I am having a similar issue.

My business site is hosted @ RF, http://stlbroadband.com. The domain expires the 20th of this month. Last week I iniated the renewal and I got the same thing, they had to transfer the domain from Enom. I paid the renewal fee and have the receipt. I also have an email stating that the transfer was succesful.

Since Friday my web site and email have been down. Today I get and email stating my domain is expired.... :(
I have had trouble tickets open since Friday and no reseponse.

~~RF if you are reading this:
:yell:This is really unprofessional :yell:

Last edited:
•••
airwav said:
~~RF if you are reading this:
:yell:This is really unprofessional :yell:

This may qualify as the understatement of the year.

•••
I remember I have one or two .be there, but I can not remember my account name, I may need check my gmail....good thing for me..

btw, I noticed you plan transfer all name to GD, may or may not good choice, actually I am tranfering all my name from GD to NC, even NC's price is higher...but consider NC have the free whoisguard...still similar.

and, does anyone know if I renew a name in NC, does it also extend the whoisguard free?

•••
Zilla said:
I remember I have one or two .be there, but I can not remember my account name, I may need check my gmail....good thing for me..

btw, I noticed you plan transfer all name to GD, may or may not good choice, actually I am tranfering all my name from GD to NC, even NC's price is higher...but consider NC have the free whoisguard...still similar.

and, does anyone know if I renew a name in NC, does it also extend the whoisguard free?

no, if you renew a name in NC the whoisguard does not automatically renew...you can purchase extra whoisguard which is quite cheap...alternatively you can take unused whoisguard subscriptions and load them on to names which you do use the whoisguard eg adult names.

•••
Back