Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Please help me escape RegisterFly mess!

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

aboujouj83

Established Member
Impact
13
Hi NPers,
I have been trying to renew my domains at registerfly with no luck for last 3 months. I added funds and it didn't let me renew my names. I have now 150$ on my account. I can't get them back. I have been reading on the forum about all this mess with RF, but I am not sure what to do in my specific case. The billing support doesn't answer me. I paid using paypal, should I make paypal involved in this issue? Another problem, I had 10 domains, and they all expired because of them, I made sure to try to renew them before they expired, but their system wouldn't let me...
When I look at the whois, I see
Status: DELETE PROHIBITED
Status: HOLD

I appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
Aboujouj
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
dnjournal.com is reporting a class action lawsuit is now in motion - probably your only recourse - make sure to keep receipts and take screen shots of your control panel.

ICANN put holds on the domains for people just like you. You shouldn't lose your domains.
 
0
•••
I think you are safe since you paid through paypal, you can simply open a dispute and get your money back since I did it in several similar situations but I think there is a time limit after you spent it and I'm not sure how long.
For me it took around 20 days to get my money back.
That's why I really like paypal.
Even if you paid through your visa credit card don't forget that you have their insurance till 3 months I guess.
 
0
•••
If you recover your money via paypal (assuming its even possible at this point, since RF is quite possibly cash-strapped atm), then you might have a problem holding on to your domains, since RF can then make the claim that your domains are not paid for.
 
0
•••
I paid using paypal early January. After reading your answer, I think will wait. I don't think they can steal everyone's money! What do you think?

thanks,
Aboujouj
 
0
•••
aboujouj83 said:
I paid using paypal early January. After reading your answer, I think will wait. I don't think they can steal everyone's money! What do you think?

thanks,
Aboujouj
Enron did! Good luck btw.
 
0
•••
The reason it says delete prohibited is because ICANN has instructed the various registries to not delete regfly customer's domains. So there is still a good chance you will get a chance to renew your domains in the near future. Come 31st march ICANN may transfer all domains to another registrar where you can renew them. Hopefully :)
 
0
•••
What about the money? It's not a fortune, but it's still 150$!

Aboujouj
 
0
•••
aboujouj83 said:
What about the money? It's not a fortune, but it's still 150$!

Aboujouj

You'll have to bring the police in for that.
 
0
•••
aboujouj83 said:
What about the money? It's not a fortune, but it's still 150$!

Aboujouj

I want to know about that one too.

I'm another victm here who has some credit there. (had it from way before all the trouble started)
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back