NameSilo

Registerfly Is Doing It Again

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi guys,

long time since I've been here. Haven't really had a reason to be here, but I have done it again.

My 6-month hosting plan with Registerfly has expired. So they send me an e-mail saying they're going to bill me in 48 hours for an extension.

No problem.

I pay the fee for another 3 months.

So I wait. And wait. Nothing.

Webpage not online. No email. No nothing.

I call them up- and sure enough, the girl who answers the phone is of the utmost unprofessional nature, with her smart remarks and ho-hum attitude.

I said to myself, 'not again, how did I fall for this twice?'.

It's been a few days now and nothing. This Registerfly "team" keeps saying it'll be up in a few hours.

Last time I had a problem, there was a really helpful guy here named Rob and he got me up and running right away.

Are you still here Rob? I hope so, because again, I am feeling helpless with this "company".

Aside from that, I don't know what to do here. I might just call my bank, and block Registerfly from billing what I have paid for, seeing as my credit card bill has not yet showed up- looks like they haven't billed me yet.

Has anyone dealt with this RegisterFly thing before? I need my webpage up, I'm running a business and this is no good.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
PM user "regfly" on Namepros, his name is Paul V.

Registerfly is not designed for optimum hosting, so I would recommend you get a refund and look for more suitable options with companies specializing in such services.

•••
Ya.. Registerfly not good 4 hosting

Also there customer service sucks like 45min wait for Phone support

Live chat keeps disappearing...

oh well ther .info prices are good!

•••
registerfly is VERY VERY BUGGY!!! BE AWARE..

i

•••
Get a refund.
Thanks for the head ups Robb

•••
this is not shocking to hear as numerous people appear to be moving to us from Registerfly.

•••
yeah reg fly sucks. it has been down for ages when i tried to reg an domain. so i moved to namecheap again :d

•••
Well, lucky for me, everything just went up. Over a day wait, when they said 2 hours.

I have only registered for 3 months this time. At the end of that, I AM switching. Customer service is non-existant. I get the feeling of a bunch of high-school drop outs in some basement answering several phones all at once- then putting you on hold, so they can get the next call.. then do the same to that person, until they come full circle back to you. They had me on hold for about 20 minutes, they come back, they put me on hold again... it's one big joke- plus I'm calling long distance, too. E-Mails are responded to about 25% of the time, the rest go un-answered. How do you know if you'll ever get a reply or get help? You certainly can't get it over the phone.

They're snotty, ignorant and smart-assed (I did infact get ONE good guy, but he just kept putting me on hold)

Stay away from RegisterFly at all costs. One HUGE headache.

Can anyone recommend a GOOD hosting company? This time, I will research them to the fullest, test out their customer service even before I sign up... one hitch, though, and I'm moving on to the next one. I'm not going through this crap again!!

•••
Speaking of which I received this email from them

Your account has been suspended. There has been a charge on your credit
card that needs to be verified. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we
need to keep a look out for possible cases of fraud on our web site, to
protect ourselves as well as our clients. Please fax to 973-736-1355 a copy
of the credit card statement that you have used to make your purchases. Once
this is verified we will open your account and set up your account for you
again. Please keep in mind that we have fraud protection measures in place
to prevent credit card fraud, and we hope that you understand. Please note
pending a reply in 24 hours your account will be permanently deleted.

Regards,
Risk Management
RegisterFly.com
973-736-2545

I simply registered 5-6 domains with them last night and got this. During the registration/domain searching process, I kept noticing that previously added domains would no longer be in the cart. Then they would and then they wouldn't again. It caused me to stay longer on the site then need be and the only reason I even used them was because Godaddy doesn't have .in for registration yet. :td:

•••
Just my 2¢:
Never use a registrar for hosting
Never use a hosting company for registering domains names

•••
sdsinc said:
Just my 2¢:
Never use a registrar for hosting
Never use a hosting company for registering domains names

And always do research on a company by using google or posting on a forum... it's useful & will save you from wasting tons of money & headaches :td:

•••
So do you guys think I'll have a hard time keeping my domain name once it expires at the end of this year? I'd like to take my domain name elsewhere and not use Registerfly anymore.

Can I do this ?

•••
Tip:
Get hosting from hosting places.
Get domains from domain places.

•••
Robb said:
Can anyone recommend a GOOD hosting company? This time, I will research them to the fullest, test out their customer service even before I sign up... one hitch, though, and I'm moving on to the next one. I'm not going through this crap again!!

try http://www.midphase.com

•••
Robb said:

I use WestNIC.net and they are awesome.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back