IT.COM

information Register.to - Problems?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandPlease

BrandPlease.comTop Member
Impact
Hi All,

Just read a thread on another forum (can I link? or mention?) but they indicated that register.to is down.

Is anyone aware of any problems with .TO? I dont have any, cant test, cant confirm if true. But wanted to pass along to see if NP can clarify.

quote from other site: (late Oct. post, I just saw today)

"Their DNS is no longer working, domains using their DNS are down. No working email, no contact phone number, no Facebook update about the problem, no Twitter update. Could this be a cheating company?"

the only other response was something about bankruptcy.

Anyone with any .to aware or is this non-sense. I would have expected to hear it hear first so I am hoping someone with .to knowledge can help out.

Thanks,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting!

I will come back to see if anyone know anything about this case or experiencing the problem mentioned above.

Thanks for sharing @DnameAgame

I think you can share your source, it wouldn`t be a problem.

•••
•••
Seems like I can access their website, register.to

Edit: First time I am seeing domain renewal for 100 years :wideyed: It is on their home page.

Interesting :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
I don't see any issues... just visited a few .to domains from Google SERP...

•••
their site is Live for me too

Cheers
Corey

•••
First time I am seeing domain renewal for 100 years

Yep, the first time I saw a 'forever' registration it blew my mind...as Kansas said 'nothing is forever except field and sky'. :xf.smile:

OP...maybe it is something in the cache on your computer...do a clean, shutdown and restart to see if it helps.

•••
Is anyone aware of any problems with .TO? I dont have any, cant test, cant confirm if true. But wanted to pass along to see if NP can clarify.
If you can't test, don't have any, and can't confirm, what's the point of creating a thread on a bogus comment someone posted somewhere?

•••
@HotKey sry thought I was doing the right thing by the community. Would you have simply ignored the comment? I am learning, if those types of messages are common and not noteworthy please let me know and I will refrain from anything further. If I understand - if it doesn’t affect me personally I should not bring it up to NP? If I can’t personally test a problem, I shouldn’t let the community know so someone who it would effect might know before they get in a real spot?

Like I said, Im learning and look forward to your recommendation as to exactly you would have addressed this for the community.

Thanks

•••
@HotKey sry thought I was doing the right thing by the community. Would you have simply ignored the comment? I am learning, if those types of messages are common and not noteworthy please let me know and I will refrain from anything further. If I understand - if it doesn’t affect me personally I should not bring it up to NP? If I can’t personally test a problem, I shouldn’t let the community know so someone who it would effect might know before they get in a real spot?

Like I said, Im learning and look forward to your recommendation as to exactly you would have addressed this for the community.

Thanks
I am glad you shared @DnameAgame

•••
@HotKeyIf I can’t personally test a problem, I shouldn’t let the community know so someone who it would effect might know before they get in a real spot?
What problem, exactly?

Everything gets caught in the spider web. So now anyone doing a search for the .to registrar in question or even .to domains in general are likely to come across this thread, which was solely created in response to some random comment seen off another board.

Until there actually is a problem that you are aware about or have seen direct proof of, I don't see the need have a negative connotation in a thread title which can be misleading in search results.

No, of course it doesn't have affect you directly, but you should have some familiarity of the situation, at least. eg:
- some clarification from the user who made the original comment
- some simple attempts to visit the site yourself

then you have some ammo in a battlefield full of clutter..

•••
Hello,

We just came across this thread. It is unfortunate that sometimes people will post in a forum without thinking that their words will be there indefinitely.

In the past month we have completed many upgrades and improvements to our website and servers. The upgrades were executed with precautions in place for a seamless transition so as to avoid downtime as much as possible. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience the upgrades may have caused anyone.

Our site is now hosted at Softlayer/IBM Cloud (a division of IBM), a top-tier hosting provider. Also, our new premium Anycast DDoS protected DNS system is extremely fast and ultra-reliable with 16 points of presence world-wide (provided for free with every domain to all our customers). To finalize, our website code has been optimized for efficiency and a better, faster and smoother user experience featuring our new .TO Bulk Search tool (bulk search 20 domains at a time).

We are now running a 15% off Cyber Monday promotion that ends today Wednesday November 29, 2017.
The promo-code is: CYBERMONDAY

Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or comments.

Thank you.
Sincerely,

The Register.TO Team
https://Register.TO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back