IT.COM

Register.to Owner Has Died

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I got this from Tonic.to after I wrote them:
With reference to your recent enquiry, we regret to advise that following the recent death of the owner, Register.to no longer functions and is no longer a reseller of Tonic. Tonic has no information concerning the financial affairs of Register.to.

I only have a couple of .TO names, but I know others have many.

To renew or transfer your names you will need to write to [email protected], which is how I found out that the owner had died.
They will create passwords at their site and allow you to manage your names, which you can't do at Register.

If you have a monetary balance at Register.to, then I have no idea how to handle that.
I only have a $100 balance, so if I figure out something I'll post here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did anyone know the owner of Register.to?

•••
what other registrars we can use to transfer/ host the .to domains, at an affordable renewal price?

•••
I have some domains at register .to
How can'i transfer them ?
Because the website is not working

•••
•••
My .to domains were moved to Namecheap. I am pretty sure I had a $40-50 balance for auction bids. I wonder what happens to that.

•••
My .to domains were moved to Namecheap. I am pretty sure I had a $40-50 balance for auction bids. I wonder what happens to that.
I don't know much about company wind downs, but I assume that if there was an entity it will have assets and liabilities that will need to be wound up and someone will have to do it.

I'd find out what the underlying company/entity is and start digging from there if you believe you are owed something.

•••
It's cheaper for me to take the loss.

•••
•••
I always say the same. Important domains that are decades old go down periodically, and I think that's why. The owner dies and has no one to inherit. Or the owner gets sick. Or your children were never interested and don't know the value of the asset.

•••
Hello Team,

Is anyone having trouble with Register.to?

E.g. not being able to register domains, or renew domains. It showed last month" Our Website Is Currently Undergoing Scheduled Maintenance"

Please let me know of any suggestions or ideas

•••
Hello Team,

Is anyone having trouble with Register.to?

E.g. not being able to register domains, or renew domains. It showed last month" Our Website Is Currently Undergoing Scheduled Maintenance"

Please let me know of any suggestions or ideas
Please read the thread.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back