Dynadot

status-replied REGARDING NOT BEING ABLE TO DISCUSS WITH NP MODS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,
This has been a pet peeve of mine for quite some time now regarding NP, so maybe a thread is needed to discuss it.

When sometimes we flag a comment/post or one of ours gets flagged for various reasons, a MOD takes a decision and gives a vague / generic reason for the decision if they decided to move it /delete it or leave it.

There is no way to write back to that MOD (from what I can see, as it doesn't even say which MOD was the one that took the action either) to make a respectful valid counter point WHEN there's a point to be made.

It's a very "annoying" way of doing things to keep this polite. We should be able to respond back to the MOD! As far as I know, MOD (MODERATOR) does not equal DICTATOR.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
a MOD takes a decision and gives a vague / generic reason for the decision if they decided to move it /delete it or leave it.
This is how the forum software is designed; it's like Twitter's 140 characters or less.

We should be able to respond back to the MOD!
Agreed, that would be a nice feature. Again, this is how the forum software is designed, so you can make this suggestion at XenForo.com

There is no way to write back to that MOD (from what I can see, as it doesn't even say which MOD was the one that took the action either) to make a respectful valid counter point WHEN there's a point to be made.
You can always contact us to discuss it.

We hope that helps.

•••
This is how the forum software is designed; it's like Twitter's 140 characters or less.

Agreed, that would be a nice feature. Again, this is how the forum software is designed, so you can make this suggestion at XenForo.com

You can always contact us to discuss it.

We hope that helps.
This is what i meant by oversight...

I refuse to believe multiple people signed off on many times posts removed.

I empathize with the OP. They are vague, and there is no way to certify multiple agreed, as opposed to a mod on his "shift". The messages provide no context, worst part; message can be clarified, and "appeals" can be better streamlined. I think "appeals" should be easier go for, if you disagree with scrubbing of your posts, for unclear reason(s) I empathize both, but consider altering message, as to at least assure as it wasnt a split-second Mod decision.

I know it's an incredibly difficult job, i just wish there were better mechanisms to assure us; it wasnt made by quote on quote "dictator" I would love to know if another mod signed off on it; There is no way to know, from the generic message, we're supposed to know mult. reviewed it -They do feel trigger happy... Sometimes it feels like some one mods would rather remove avoid the hassle. Zero oversight. It does feel like "dictator" with their interpretation some rules. -- How are we assured multiple looked at it for level-headed, common-sense, not action of a trigger-happy 1 mod.

Last edited:
•••
I refuse to believe multiple people signed off on many times posts removed.
there is no way to certify multiple agreed
Why would multiple moderators need to decide that something needs to be done before it is done?

That would greatly decrease our ability to help, including the time it takes to review and take action.

There are exceptions, but they're rare.

How are we assured multiple looked at it for level-headed, common-sense, not action of a trigger-happy 1 mod.
As moderators, we are all reasonably levelheaded* and understand common sense. You can describe yourself the same way, but we will still disagree on occasion. Our disagreements don't make us less of either of those things.

* Your favorite mod may be the least level-headed moderator of all mods. ;)

•••
* Your favorite mod may be the least level-headed moderator of all mods. ;)

If it's you, can confirm. Yer nutty.

It's a very "annoying" way of doing things to keep this polite. We should be able to respond back to the MOD! As far as I know, MOD (MODERATOR) does not equal DICTATOR.

As Bravo explained, it's a limitation of the software we're using, but that doesn't mean you can't ask questions or raise concerns with a given action. You can always open a support request, and we'll do our best to get you more info.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back