Domain Empire

Redirect.com Review

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

toughdomains

Top Member
Impact
Due to feedback from our users we are looking into alternative ways to earn revenue from domain traffic. We tested one of the services advertised on this blog and decided to post the results.

We signed up to redirect.com both as an advertiser and publisher.
On the advertiser end there was a min bid of 20 cents per thousand views. If you start to filter out things like desktop only or country this can go as high as $999 CPM. We started our ad buy at 20 cents but our bid was too low to generate traffic and only at 40 cents did we see anything come in.

On the publishing side the rep Tien mentioned the rev split with the publisher was 80%. Seemed promising since min bids are 20 and actual bids start at 40 cents. 80% of 20 cents is .16 per thousand visits sent from our domains.

We tested the network with 5 domains. Unforteunally one domain was generating alot of bot traffic and one domain earned around the 16 cents per thousand. So we removed these two bad and good domains and took one in the middle.
Here were our results.
Test time March 21st to April 10th

subtotal valid views (this is all human traffic ) 4,292

subtotal invalid views (this includes bot and anonymous traffic based on redirects system filters) 3,145

(6379648) Total views 7,437

For this name after sending 4290 valid visits for this domain the revenue generated was zero. However based on what an advertiser paid this name should have generated 68 cents. When we asked our rep Tien why the name generated zero his response was
"your not sending us enough traffic and all the traffic your sending is bot."

I do agree that according to the redirect.com system 90% of our 60k visits sent was bot but I also feel that sending roughly 7k visits in about 20 days was enough to test and generate at least a few pennies.
I have full reports of all the domains we tested if anyone wants details PM me.
Our conclusion was that this parking network (redirect is same company as parkingplace.com ) is not better than the big boys like bodis or voodoo...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
don't forget to mention that parking with some real nasty dirty virus like computer scan direct ads for your domains will get them eventually banned.. spamhaus or even worse.

so.. just don't do it.

•••
don't forget to mention that parking with some real nasty dirty virus like computer scan direct ads for your domains will get them eventually banned.. spamhaus or even worse.

so.. just don't do it.

yes agreed many of these lower tier networks will question your quality as a publisher (domain owner) but allow anyone with a $20 bill to spend on the ad side. Even sites that unknowingly have malware. We are seeing much higher revenue with bodis and voodoo so just wanted to save members the headache of sending thousands of visits to this network and getting paid nothing!

Last edited:
•••
just got an update from the support team at theparkingplace ..
they only pay you for traffic that is sold. So you can send them lots of traffic and if they dont have an advertiser bidding you dont get paid. That was the explaination of getting zero revenue for the traffic sent.

•••
too bad u wasted ur tyme and all dem visitors,

but now udders won't hab two

wat a grate sacrifice for the cause!

:)

tks

imo....

•••
@biggie wasnt a waste of time at all. I assumed from the ads here at namepros and domains like redirect.com and theparkingplace and affiliate.com that they were a worthy company to test. We made a $25 ad deposit and transferred 6 names dns to their parking service. Setup took about 5 minutes. support emails and phone calls took about an hour total. the most interesting thing we discovered was you will pay 40 cents to 12 cpms on the ad side but you will get 1 to 17 cent cpms on the parking side.

And most interesting of all is if they dont sell your traffic you get zero money for all the traffic you send!

the $25 ad spend generated 42,000 visits but our Google anaytics reported 2,000 when we asked them about it they said it was due to our websites slow response time of 2.48 seconds of load time. They seemed to have a decent answer for any question asked. Low payouts were due to poor quality traffic and bots we sent and large traffic gap on the ad side was due to a slow site. Again no waste of time at all. We can safely remove this entire network from our radar and we have helped the community save time and money. We are testing other networks to integrate into our system @biggie we have some new ways to earn revenue with domains we are releasing soon. I await your direct and always honest feedback.

Last edited:
•••
@biggie wasnt a waste of time at all.

Setup took about 5 minutes. support emails and phone calls took about an hour total.

And most interesting of all is if they dont sell your traffic you get zero money for all the traffic you send!

I await your direct and always honest feedback.

honestly, after reading your review, it would have been a waste of my time.

every new service seems to be about "end-using" domainers assets.

either wanting their traffic or their money for some new fangled platform, fronted with a lot of blah, blah, that's often laid on so thick , it''s hard for a n00b to wade thru.

imo....

•••
@biggie sorry you feel that way. New interest and new innovation has always been good for every industry. I would rather see new exciting domainer products being built rather than no innovation in the space at all.
We all know what doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same results means. I really enjoy playing with all the new toys out there and Im certainly no noob.

•••
@biggie sorry you feel that way. New interest and new innovation has always been good for every industry. I would rather see new exciting domainer products being built rather than no innovation in the space at all.
We all know what doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same results means. I really enjoy playing with all the new toys out there and Im certainly no noob.

Hi

don't feel sorry because i express a truth, as i see it.

every thing that's new, ain't always good for you or for everyone. and what's conceived may be for use by domainers, but who benefits the most from the experience or service, in the end?

and how long will that service last, after you've put your trust, names, effort etc into it, last?

i've seeeeeeen a lot of mo-fo's say they will take you to the promised land, with this and that, and many just end up roll'n down the mountain they've been trying to climb.

and i think of how many git, yeah, git, git taken down with them.

but when you say
We all know what doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same results means.

what does that, mean?

it's that a spin, hidden message, or what?

as the end result, determines whether those repetitive actions are positive or negative or if they vary.

and this
I really enjoy playing with all the new toys out there and im certainly no noob

to me, toys are for amusement, to entertain self. and when i think about playing with toys, i think about who put the toys out there and why.

why do i have time to play, when i should be about the game?

sure, if one has got his/her ball rolling, where now they got time to sit back and chill, then i can see playing with toys, jackin off some hours in the day

but, since i know that playing with toys and toy creation is also part of the game, i know i gotta stay on my game, so i won't get caught up, in da game....that's being played in the sideshows.

just saying.....

imo...

•••
@toughdomains , let get this clear out. 95 percent of your traffic is all bots. You can check your stats to see everything. Not sure why are trying to compare our traffic vs your bots. Our advertisers are looking for real human traffic not bots.

•••
@Tien I agreed most of the traffic sent was bot but that was according to your filters.

1. I was also an advertiser. We created an advertiser account. We also purchased traffic from you and only 2,000 of the 40,000 we paid for was registered by Google Analytics so Im not sure how much of what you sell is real. Most of the advertisers I saw on our test domains were generating those messages locking your browser and demanding money from microsoft. From testing both publisher and advertiser I think your filtering bot to not pay people but then delivering it when advertisers buy it. I trust google anaytics a little more than I trust you.

2 And again lets not ignore the fact that you received 7,000 real visits and paid a 1 cent cpm or 42 cents.

3. you should address the issues from your customers rather than blast them

4. I tend not to give negative reviews on any company but I felt there were so many things wrong with both the buy and sell side of your platform that I thought I owed it to the community esp since you advertise here

Last edited:
•••
Is there a reply coming to this or what here?

•••
@baseballworld it seems as though they just want to ignore the issue.
I dont think there will be a reply or explaination on why the delivered purchased traffic of verifiable visits was 5% of what was purchased. ( Google analytics saw 2,000 of the 40,000 visits. ) Also not many users would test the buy and sell side of the same platform. They also seem to have stopped advertising on this forum.

•••
I sent lot's of traffic to this network. Lot's of it (50%) was mobile traffic, which they did not monetize any of the impressions which we all know mobile traffic pays a lot more than desktop. On top of that, the results were poor even though 80% of our traffic was displayed as "High Quality" in reports, yet we made next to nothing each day.

Don't waste your time with redirect.com or their sister companies, unless you like getting ripped off.

Good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back