IT.COM

purchases Recursion.com changed hands for $904,000 in Dec 2020

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As I noted on Twitter earlier today:

the Recursion.com domain name changed hands in December 2020 for USD $904,000. It's a nice public "comparable" for those who own superior and shorter one word dot-coms, given "recursion" is a relatively obscure 3-syllable and 9-letter word.

The purchaser was Recursion Pharmaceuticals, who is planning an IPO.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
By the way, Recursion Pharmaceuticals had already raised $239MM in a series D funding in Sept 2020:

https://www.recursion.com/news/series-d

so they invested less than 0.5% of that war chest on the domain name.

•••
By the way, Recursion Pharmaceuticals had already raised $239MM in a series D funding in Sept 2020

Can I please ask you how you know about funding and raising money, not just on Recursion but all of them?

•••
is it was sold naked domain or with business?

•••
Great sale, thanks for the info.

•••
Can I please ask you how you know about funding and raising money, not just on Recursion but all of them?

One can do a search in Google, e.g. "company name funding" (without the quotes), and see if that reveals anything.

•••
•••
Word domains are worth holding for a long time

•••
Word domains are worth holding for a long time
So the moral of the story is that we should renew our 1 word domains again and again?

Some would say we should do it recursively... :bag:

•••
may any1 know out/inbound? how long the deal lasts?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back