Dynadot

Recommendations for a UK service address ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tech250816

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hi everyone,

Can anyone please recommend a company that I could use as my uk address for the .uk domains?

Someone that satisfies Nominet's address/owner verification criteria, probably not too expensive .

Best would be if you could suggest something that you have personal experience with and are satisfied with their service.

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's hard to find a cheap service for this. You really need an office address rather than just a mailing address. I've searched and not found anything within reasonable cost.

•••
•••
It's hard to find a cheap service for this. You really need an office address rather than just a mailing address. I've searched and not found anything within reasonable cost.

I see scanmyposts or something similar mentioned a couple of times on the forum ... I guess it's more than just a mailing address, but someone with experience will know better.

•••
•••
I like 101domains but there are a lot out there.

•••
•••
Gandi and Marcaria should do it, both are much more trustworthy than 101.

But why don't you just register .uk as foreigner? There are no any limitations for a residence or anything like this.

•••
Gandi and Marcaria should do it, both are much more trustworthy than 101.

But why don't you just register .uk as foreigner? There are no any limitations for a residence or anything like this.

Nominet - the UK registry has made it compulsory for .uk domains to provide a service address located in the UK. You can reside anywhere in the world but you must provide an admin address that is serviceable in the UK.

Applies only to .uk , not co.uk

Are you sure Gandi and Marcaria can do it on your behalf?

•••
•••
Still looking for recommendations - some registrars might provide this but i ill like to keep the .uk versions of my names at the same registrar that has my .co.uk names - keeps things better organized, so still looking for a company i could use to list my uk service address.

If anyone has any input please keep the recommendations coming...

•••
I used scanmyposts for an .eu domain and they took my domain away, because I couldn't provide a utility bill confirming my address. I know thats .eu and not .uk. So you should check how .uk are verifying your address. Personally, I think there was some collusion in the .eu offices. Because it was a sought after surname, which was transferred to somebody else.

Last edited:
•••
I used scanmyposts for an .eu domain and they took my domain away, because I couldn't provide a utility bill confirming my address. I know thats .eu and not .uk. So you should check how .uk are verifying your address. Personally, I think there was some collusion in the .eu offices. Because it was a sought after surname, which was transferred to somebody else.

That's bad of them.

•••
•••
Thanks Adam, I did go through this nominet page yesterday, I'm trying to find out which one of the various available services/vo's would full fill these nominet requirements....

•••
Still looking for a company that does this... Anyone?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back