IT.COM

advice Beware of this scam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Helen Paul

Established Member
Impact
I was contacted about my domain 4wdt.com which I listed in a popular marketplace (Flippa) and someone contacted me through direct message that he is willing to pay $11,000.00 for the domain, and then he dropped his WhatsApp number which I contacted him through.

He asked to pay through bitcoin and I agreed, gave him my bitcoin wallet address... Minutes later, he said he has reached his withdrawal limit for the month where his bitcoin is (cryptactic.net), he said he can only do inbound transfer.
I agreed to create an account with cryptactic.net just for the payment even though I suspected it was scam.
After creating my account, he asked for my cryptactic.net bitcoin wallet which I gave him and he did the inbound transfer and gave my his Godaddy account ID and email for domain transfer.
I logged in to cryptactic to see the credit and then I decided to withdraw before transferring the domain, to my greatest surprise, cryptactic asked me to deposit minimum of 0.01 btc before I can withdraw.

I told him and then he didn't contact me again.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
i personally never try to complete the deal outside of the escrow service am using for example if the domain is listed on dan and you contact me outside of it you will be asked to make your offer there much safer

Last edited:
•••
i personally never try to complete the deal outside of the escrow service am using for example if the domain is listed on dan and you contact me outside of it you will be asked to make your offer there much safer
Great.

This is for new domain investors. That's their main target.

•••
•••
Hmm. good to hear you're safe. Wouldn't ever trust a situation like that. Should be no reason for someone to avoid somewhere, such as Escrow.com, or similar service that is known. Alternatively, if with crypto, outside escrow, I'd hire an agent for in person transaction, for a value of 5 figures

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back