IT.COM

Receiving cheap offers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Galaxy Traveller

Established Member
Impact
Probably someone trying to grab domains cheap. Even $10
Is it work? Worth to join this method to grab some domains?
Have you ever sold any domain if this type of low price offer you received. By the way I never sold.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
last week i sold 1 domain for $6 only and i have got 2 domains to sell its on the traffic forum.

•••
last week i sold 1 domain for $6 only and i have got 2 domains to sell its on the traffic forum.
Traffic domains are considered good quality domains if these are human traffic. Looks like cheap offer method is working. Traffic providers charge monthly for these kind of traffic. $6 is best price for buyer.

•••
yes i have 2 domains now which i am selling each for $50 because it has google page rank 3/10. My 2 domains are in traffic forum.

•••
•••
Rare I sell anything under 1k. Did sell one for $7500 when their initial offer was $50 so ya never know. Usually use minimum offers to eliminate offers I wouldn't consider as time is valuable.

Last edited:
•••
Rare I sell anything under 1k. Did sell one for $7500 when their initial offer was $50 so ya never know. Usually use minimum offers to eliminate offers I wouldn't consider as time is valuable.
Yes some people are often unaware that a $8 domain can be that much valuable.

•••
I have picked up a few domains cheaply by sending low offers to sellers that have no minimum offer amount listed. 99% will reject it but then they at least come back with what a proper figure they are looking to achieve. If it annoys people that I use this method to get a feel of what they want or to try and snipe some cheap deals, they should put a minimum offer price on their domain so at least I have an idea of their expectations.

•••
I don't see much of a point to sell for so cheap.. especially if it will be a regular occurence. Overall it will devalue domains as a whole if this gets mainstream... unless you know for sure it's resellers who are buying.

@Jonathan MacDermid no one owes you to put a minimum offer.. if there's no price and no minimum.. it means they're looking for an offer and probably not from a reseller that's going to scrape the bottom of the barrel..

As soon as you put a minimum, 99% of the offers will come at the minimum amount.. I've put my domains at $250 for now and except for 2-3 offers recently, ALL the other ones came in at $250. The point of no minimum offer is to perhaps get offers which are high to start with as the buyer would want to get the seller's attention and not be ignored... on the other hand, would get tons of $10-100 offers a day when I did that which was annoying AF

Last edited:
•••
Last year I am doing this on brandbuckt domains that near expired date, and got some domains.

•••
I don't see much of a point to sell for so cheap.. especially if it will be a regular occurence. Overall it will devalue domains as a whole if this gets mainstream... unless you know for sure it's resellers who are buying.

@Jonathan MacDermid no one owes you to put a minimum offer.. if there's no price and no minimum.. it means they're looking for an offer and probably not from a reseller that's going to scrape the bottom of the barrel..

As soon as you put a minimum, 99% of the offers will come at the minimum amount.. I've put my domains at $250 for now and except for 2-3 offers recently, ALL the other ones came in at $250. The point of no minimum offer is to perhaps get offers which are high to start with as the buyer would want to get the seller's attention and not be ignored... on the other hand, would get tons of $10-100 offers a day when I did that which was annoying AF

You make my point. If you put on a decent "offers from" amount then you at least negate the $1-$100 offers and the offers that come in at $250+ are to be expected as it makes sense for a buyer to try start as low as possible as starting high in a negotiation is only useful if you are willing to play the "take it or leave it" card.

I could be completely wrong though as hell I'm mainly looking at domains like I would any other asset for sale as I'm a complete rookie at this.

•••
you must be a good negotiator then. good for you
Did sell one for $7500 when their initial offer was $50 so ya never know. Usually use minimum offers to eliminate offers I wouldn't consider as time is valuable.

•••
These people sending low offers have a lot of time for wasting

•••
Offers in the high-$XX to low-$XXX might turn into something. Lots of times it could be a business owner who either doesn't really know what names sell for, or is trying to get it cheap. The low ball $10-$20 offers are usually just time wasters I've found..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back