NameSilo

Received an offer - How to proceed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So I received a form email from a parked domain that I have. I looked up the person's email, and apparently they are a "SEO expert" and their email and name came up associated with a few websites and domains for sale, and articles on SEO - nothing shady.

The offer I received was for $500, I countered with $800, but have not received any response in a week.

I'm wondering how to proceed, don't want to seem desperate, but I'm thinking that my email might have gone through a spam filter or something. Should I resend? What do you think.

This would be my second offer since starting about a year ago - would more or less cover my initial investment.

Any advice is appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just resend the same offer as if its the first time you are sending it.
Don't lower the price or that will seem desperate.

•••
I would just follow up with them. If they really are a SEO expert, they are probably fairly busy. It's possible that they received the email but forgot about it. Send them another email to verify that they received your first - and include the price you want. If they really did misplace your first email, there is no need to make them search for it.

•••
I just hit reply instead of starting a new email, that way I know it doesnt end up in the spam box.

Try that. Just resend like it was your first sent email.

Also, like Jake said, if they are an SEO crew, they may be busy, or were looking for a fitting name for a customer and need to get approval on the new budget.

Good Luck :)

Peace,
Cyberian

Last edited:
•••
Tell us the domain name and I will tell you if the offer is real.

scrambled-toast-crystal-ball.jpg

•••
could be a spam offer, or they could change their mind as well

Last edited:
•••
You could send him again a reply but with a higher price. Something like, "sorry I have made some valuation and I think I would sell it for not lower than $1000"
If he wasn't planing to reply you and didn't want to accept your $800 - you won't lose anything
If he is interested in the domain for $800 he will reply you with something like "wtf, you told me yesterday $800". You will think some time and sell it for $800

I tried this method around 4 times - and 1 time it worked :)

Just an idea :)

OR

Just wait some time, and say in a week mail him asking if he received your offer

•••
Thanks for the advice, this is only my second offer on a domain - last time around I missed the boat - got on offer on godaddy auctions, but didn't see the email as I was super busy.

I'll reply from an info@ the domain name, maybe he will see it.

I'm hoping its not spam, so far no signs of this.

•••
You could send him again a reply but with a higher price. Something like, "sorry I have made some valuation and I think I would sell it for not lower than $1000"
If he wasn't planing to reply you and didn't want to accept your $800 - you won't lose anything
If he is interested in the domain for $800 he will reply you with something like "wtf, you told me yesterday $800". You will think some time and sell it for $800

I tried this method around 4 times - and 1 time it worked :)

Just an idea :)

OR

Just wait some time, and say in a week mail him asking if he received your offer

I wouldnt do that. Nobody wants to work with a swindler and if he really wanted the domain he would have already responded to the $800 offer.

•••
I agree that its bad practice to raise the offer - wouldn't go so far as to call it swindling, prices are subject to change. Kinda feel that I misssed the boat to counter higher.

I disagree that if he wanted he would have responded already - emails do get lost in spam filters, etc. It's good to follow. In this case he made initial contact. So at least some sort of reply is waranted.

•••
I agree that its bad practice to raise the offer - wouldn't go so far as to call it swindling, prices are subject to change. Kinda feel that I misssed the boat to counter higher.

I disagree that if he wanted he would have responded already - emails do get lost in spam filters, etc. It's good to follow. In this case he made initial contact. So at least some sort of reply is waranted.

I've had people not reply to my counter for weeks to months and end up buying the domain.

Maybe the person is real busy. Or maybe they are playing the waiting game.

•••
BTW domain name is GoldROI.COM - as in Return on Investment. Given the scarcity of decent Gold domain names, it could very well be legit.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Domain was also close to expiry,so I renewed it since then.

Thing is last time i received an "offer" a quick google search led me here where it turned out to be an appraisal scam (which i didn't fall for) - no negative results in google for the person's name or email this time.

•••
Follow up by email, replying to his original email. If you still don't receive a response, forget him. If he really wants it, he'll come get it. I don't think it is a good idea to have stated the name until the deal is completed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back