Dynadot

offers Received an Offer for my Oldest Domain Name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys
I have received $5,000 offer at Godaddy for the domain name:
I S L A M Y .com (my ISLAM in Arabic)
The offer will expire today.
The domain is 23 years old, and registered in 17 other extensions.
What do you think guys: to ignore the offer or to push the domain to auction.
Your feedback with thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ignore it. You easily get five figure

•••
Have you had previous offers, inquiries?

•••
Last edited:
•••
I can't see why domain age is relevant for you unless there's a sentimental value. What should matter are your costs with this domain and whether you are making a satisfying profit with this offer or not.

•••
I can't see why domain age is relevant for you unless there's a sentimental value. What should matter are your costs with this domain and whether you are making a satisfying profit with this offer or not.
The age is not relevant for me, just mentioned it as an ihfo.

•••
•••
Don't push to Auction
Counter the offer

•••
Hello guys
I have received $5,000 offer at Godaddy for the domain name:
I S L A M Y .com (my ISLAM in Arabic)
The offer will expire today.
The domain is 23 years old, and registered in 17 other extensions.
What do you think guys: to ignore the offer or to push the domain to auction.
Your feedback with thanks.

u made terrible mstake to wait to last minute cause at gd if u make counter then prev buyer offer still binding...for 7 days.

•••
As it's the last day just ignore it.....they must of visited your landing page and seen what the price is and are just trying to get it cheap...

Maybe set the lander to a payment plan to see if they will be bite at that price??

•••
u made terrible mstake to wait to last minute cause at gd if u make counter then prev buyer offer still binding...for 7 days.
Are you saying that if a counter-offer is made, that you can, in effect, extend the previous offer for an additional 7 days? That is a very nice feature, if this is the case.
On Sedo, if you make a counter-offer, you lose the option of being able to take the previous offer. On Dan, I believe that is the case as well, but others with more experience with them could chime in here.

Last edited:
•••
Are you saying that if a counter-offer is made, that you can, in effect, extend the previous offer for an additional 7 days? That is a very nice feature, if this is the case.
On Sedo, if you make a counter-offer, you lose the option of being able to take the previous offer. On Dan, I believe that is the case as well, but others with more experience with them could chime in here.

yep same on dan. not sedo or others. I used it.many times. few knew it. including u apparently. oh well
we all here to learn. of course Goes both way...seller prices binding too..so I make 2k offer to buyer then decide its 5k buyer can still take my 2k for 7 days... in short whether 10 or 50 offers made buyer or.seller whatever is in the 7ay window can be accepted.

•••
I have aleardy replied him with a counter offer but he didn't respond.

•••
Yes more than 20 offers and inquiries.
Having had that much interest in the domain in the past, I would've thought you would have a fairly confident feel for the domains value. I'm going to guess that this is the best offer your received to-date on this domain. I doubt the potential buyer is any rush as he/she knows they can come back in at anytime so will probably let the offer lapse without any increase.

In these sort of instances, I tend to take my steer on what is happening on all the other extensions. If there is any good development on another extension, (not the number, but what has been developed) then I'm usually keen to hold firm for a good price. If on the other hand nothing appears to be happening on all the other extensions, then I'm a bit more skeptical if I can push my luck. I appreciate it's the .com

Surprised I'm not seeing anything on the .Org given the nature of the domain. But, your the one who would know what Country Codes to be checking.

Check-out the variations also 'ourislam' etc

Last edited:
•••
ok I see so your post isn't about counter
..cause u already did that.. well u didnt say... so it's just accept or nothing... well u might get more later...so queston becomes if u want 5k now...we'll 4k net... or wait for years

•••
so it's just accept or nothing...
Yes, By the sounds of it. I personally don't feel it's that great a domain, given several prefix alternatives (Arabic) but, I'm by no means an expert on religious domains or know anything about Arabic preferences.
ISLAMY.APP seems to be the main player for the combo and probably the interested party.

Knowing me, I'd probably be checking their website stats, future plans and Company filings next. Probably wouldn't effect the final price but, I do love to dig and be informed as much as possible.

Last edited:
•••
ok I see so your post isn't about counter
..cause u already did that.. well u didnt say... so it's just accept or nothing... well u might get more later...so queston becomes if u want 5k now...we'll 4k net... or wait for years
I will not get $4k net,you didn't consider the cost of the domain

•••
I will not get $4k net,you didn't consider the cost of the domain

well again u didnt specify cost..or some may infer u had it 23yr heheh

•••
•••
well it adds up this ain't a 5percent add lead on.dan..... gd is fee vampire...no.gifts from them.. renewals neglgable as always.. else u are at 3k net... but limited audience only name... it could be yrs before u get sale...and maybe just 5k net then

•••
yep same on dan. not sedo or others. I used it.many times. few knew it. including u apparently. oh well
we all here to learn. of course Goes both way...seller prices binding too..so I make 2k offer to buyer then decide its 5k buyer can still take my 2k for 7 days... in short whether 10 or 50 offers made buyer or.seller whatever is in the 7ay window can be accepted.
Perhaps the question is not clear here. On Sedo, if you have a buyer offer, and the seller makes the counteroffer, that initial buyer offer is no longer binding. Are you saying that you have not found that to be the case? If so, that would be great for the seller.

•••
Perhaps the question is not clear here. On Sedo, if you have a buyer offer, and the seller makes the counteroffer, that initial buyer offer is no longer binding. Are you saying that you have not found that to be the case? If so, that would be great for the seller.

I'm talking gd.. and dan..sedo cancels previous offers with each new one

•••
I'm talking gd.. and dan..sedo cancels previous offers with each new one
Thanks for clarifying this. That is a nice feature for sellers.
Is this true also for Afternic, or only for GoDaddy Auction and Buy/Now listings?

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Counter $13000 take it or leave it .

•••
Back