IT.COM

domain Received $2,000 offer for Claytan.com - Advice?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Claytan.com for USD2,000.00

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

• No

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hui Siew Choong

Established Member
Impact
received final price for claytan.com for USD2,000.00, thru Sedo.com any good advise ? Accept ? Or put up auction ?

This domain was created more than 20 years with good brandabilty and generic in nature

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If the $2000 is an initial offer, I would definitely counter it. The risk of losing the sale is not high. But I wouldn't try to hit a lottery ticket with the counter. Something in the 4 to 5k range is a good counter. Keeps them interested still.

But if you've already negotiated..back and forth..etc.. It's a good selling number.

•••
Seems like a good price But you do not need us to tell you what to do if you need the money take it and run fast, Look we all wish we could sell domains for 100 K a piece every time but give me a break 100 K for Claytan.com? You might as well counter with 1 Million if you feel so strongly . Setting Fantasy prices is not a sound strategic business Model. But hey what do I know I have seen head scratcher sales in my time.
In some situations setting a crazy price, can compel the buyer to counter with their max out of a last ditch effort.

This sedo blind offer game is impossible to predict, you just never know, if they signed up April 2017, and are from China, then good chance the end user is finally getting a e strategy in place.

If any of you are in the aftermarkets, names like this sell for $800-1500 pretty much everyday between domainers bidding against each other. $2K from an end user is nothing great.

•••
•••
•••
When you have over 200,000 domains, you can set fantasy prices.

sorry
thats nonsense

if you have 279K domains
you need to cash in
$180K every month

•••
When you have over 200,000 domains, you can set fantasy prices.
When you have a few domains, and one is aged almost 20 years, and you think the right end user makes an offer, you shouldn't throw that chance out the window for $2K.

•••
When you have a few domains, and one is aged almost 20 years, and you think the right end user makes an offer, you shouldn't throw that chance out the window for $2K.

You shouldn't hold every end user hostage..Just my opinion..

•••
•••
Take the offer and close that deal and use the capital for better names. Then rinse, repeat and recycle. Good job so far!

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
You shouldn't hold every end user hostage..Just my opinion..
When you got a $5K offer on a $600 week old purchase, were you not holding than end user hostage, by asking more? You should just donate all your names to the right end users, why bother with up charges?

Last edited:
•••
•••
I am impressed!
Can you make living by your domain investments?
$30 - $40 price range seem pretty low pricing for me.

buy them before dropcatch auctions them

•••
buy them before dropcatch auctions them
Sell them before they expire man! Or do not invest on names that you would drop. Should have learn it since 2001.
I am not interested.

•••
Sell them before they expire man! Or do not invest on names that you would drop. Should have learn it since 2001.
I am not interested.
Don't be so hard on him, you weren't here in 2015, when he was selling his 4L.com into the Chinese hype for decent returns.

ShockAbsorber .Shop? really come on

•••
•••
Don't be so hard on him, you weren't here in 2015, when he was selling his 4L.com into the Chinese hype for decent returns.

lately I had better returns on 4l.com chinese ;)
selling at 1.2 K ;)

•••

ShockAbsorber .Shop? really come on
I am just trying to help... and I am sure he gets it since he liked my post.
Again it doesn`t really matter how many years you been member in here pawl.
About the ShockAbsorber.Shop, we have been in auto spare parts since 1952. Do you have any idea about how much this industry generates?
Since you have been checking my site out I suggest you to take a close look at about section. @wwwweb

Last edited:
•••
This is completely different. I wasn't trying to hold them hostage and I was willing to not ever get another offer at or near $5000 for the domain. It was a name that I registered to keep and it just so happens that someone else wanted it and made an offer right a way. I didn't sell it and didn't even ask them to increase the offer. I just told them I wanted it for my son and was not interested in selling. If they jumped to 10k, I might have reconsidered. But they didn't and I never bothered them any further. I still have the name for my son and it'll remain that way. The other company has moved on and they used a different extension for the name. Which is fine by me. I still wouldn't sell it for 5k right now..so makes no difference that I lost a sale.

If it was any other name that had no personal attachments. I would have sold willingly. Sometimes personal attachments can set you back a few dollars. But it's just money.. :)

When you got a $5K offer on a $600 week old purchase, were you not holding than end user hostage, by asking more? You should just donate all your names to the right end users, why bother with up charges?

•••
Bunch of cheap discussions I am having here.
I just make comment to help a fellow member but there are old school judges who are looking to start an argument with you.
Claiming they are better domain investors since they have been member here before you registered.
Once they get to know you, their argument losing its velocity.
Bunch of cheap discussions I am having here.
:bored::bored::bored:
I am out :sleep:

•••
The seller had already set buy it now price at 3000 euro, got offer of $2000, pushed it to auction which guarantees him the 2K, plus a small chance at an upside.

I guess he's chosen the best path given the circumstances.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back