IT.COM

domain Should I accept the offer on FaDa88.com???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Y

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I just received an offer for FaDa88.com. The initial offer was USD1,200, and my counter offer was USD8,888. After further negotiation, the buyer said his final offer is USD2,500.

"FaDa" is a Chinese pinyin and has a meaning of rich. "88" has a meaning of double rich in Chinese.

Do you think USD2,500 is a fair price for the domain? Should I accept the offer?

Thanks for your advice in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As u hand regged it. That is a tidy profit, and it could be years before you get another offer.

Based on that i would take it and re-invest the money.

•••
One more point to add. I think the buyer is eager to have the domain as he said he is ready to pay immediately and replied to my emails very quickly.

•••
One more point to add. I think the buyer is eager to have the domain as he said he is ready to pay immediately and replied to my emails very quickly.
Even better :xf.wink:

I would sell and invest in more names.

•••
If you need the money, take it. If not, I would auction it on 4.cn.

•••
I would accept the offer but I'm not an expert in Chinese names and I don´t think many here are, so unless there is an expert who answers here, it´s up yourself and your patience - Good luck

•••

Based on that i would take it and re-invest the money.

Right.
With $2500 he can buy a good pronounceable LLLL com and wait for a 5 figures sale.

•••
Right.
With $2500 he can buy a good pronounceable LLLL com and wait for a 5 figures sale.

Could I get an example of a GOOD pronounceable 4 letter .com for $2.5k ?

I'd love to go buy it. All I see is junk, the good ones are going for much more.

2.5 k is a limited budget in today's market.

I'm going to be really curious to end user here.....

Last edited:
•••
Creation Date: 2016-10

And you bumped up the offer as much as you could

Time to sell
Good Luck

•••
•••
Based on what you say, I see how it is a special name within the Chinese culture. Nevertheless, given that this is the first reasonable offer (I presume?) in almost two years, and personally it seems to me the price is at least competitive, if it was mine, I would accept it. You have a huge return on investment!

I have got several inquiries about the domain from Chinese people since I acquired it. But this time is the first time I get offer quote from buyer.

•••
88fada.com is still available for reg. Why?

Last edited:
•••
Take it, but forget it if he asks for certification of value.

•••
•••
The buyer is a Chinese... Do you think the domain should be worth more than USD2,500 in Chinese perspective?

Umm...nobody will EVER offer you what they think it's WORTH! Obviously if they offered $2500USD then they think it's worth MORE then that. :)
If you countered @ $8888USD then accepting $2500USD is more then HALF OFF!!????
Why would you sell that cheap?
Did you throw the $8888 at them at random? or do you really believe in your pricing?
If you do think it's worth $8888USD then you should never drop your PRICE like that, or accept lowball offers.

Last edited:
•••
Umm...nobody will EVER offer you what they think it's WORTH! Obviously if they offered $2500USD then they think it's worth MORE then that. :)
If you countered @ $8888USD then accepting $2500USD is more then HALF OFF!!????
Why would you sell that cheap?
Did you throw the $8888 at them at random? or do you really believe in your pricing?
If you do think it's worth $8888USD then you should never drop your PRICE like that, or accept lowball offers.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/got-greedy-egoistic-and-lost-a-deal.1075079/

OP has already negotiated price, the wise move is to probably accept the offer. :)

•••
•••
•••
Amazes me how many domainers consider 2.5k a Payday.
big risks = big losses

Actually, you are wrong

Cost of the transaction is the same..... apply it to OP's post

You could not be further from wrong

Trying to teach domaining to anyone is a tough thing. Successful domainers know how to hold, that is the ONLY time you make a big sale. All negotiations start off a piddle squat small offers.

Hold and make money

Sell and survive on scraps

Last edited:
•••
If you don't plan on holding it for years then I would sell it if I were you.

•••
You've got the right buyer. It's hard to find the buyer for the domains like this, so don't miss the buyer.

Take and Complete the offer.

•••
Probably the buyer is playing with op. If 88fada.com is available for hand reg. then why he want fada88.com

Is mentioned domains different meaning?

•••
Amazes me how many domainers consider 2.5k a Payday.

Actually, you are wrong

Cost of the transaction is the same..... apply it to OP's post

You could not be further from wrong

Trying to teach domaining to anyone is a tough thing. Successful domainers know how to hold, that is the ONLY time you make a big sale. All negotiations start off a piddle squat small offers.

Hold and make money

Sell and survive on scraps
It's not a phenomenon to be "wrong" (or even "furthest from wrong") in someone else's point of viewww
A sheet (situation) always has two sides, I showed the other side.
Unfortunatelyyy you seem to ignore its (the other side's) existence ("You could not be further from wrong").

Last edited:
•••
Hurry up and take that offer. $2.5k is an amazing price for that name, don’t push it.

•••
Money today is better than money tomorrow. Take the cash and invest it in better names.

•••
Probably the buyer is playing with op. If 88fada.com is available for hand reg. then why he want fada88.com

Is mentioned domains different meaning?
88fada looks ugly. Sounds broken.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back