IT.COM

Quick question here...Client wants me to use Register.com...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ja Kai

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Quick question here...Client wants me to use Register.com for domain acquisition - and then push to their account (they are traveling today).

Is the push process easy at register.com - instantaneous? Any wait periods to push after initial registration?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is likely that the domain is either from Sedo or Afternic, as register .com is a (fast-transfer) partner of both. You may possibly be able to acquire it through other sedo/afternic partners. Register .com = Netsol, not the best choice.

And, register .com specifically (not netsol) has complicated payment verification for aftermarket listings - they may delay the payment processing, ask something, reverse the payment etc etc. This happened before.

However, should register .com decide to accept the payment - then, for fast transfer enabled sedo or afternic listing, the delivery would be instant.

•••
As for domainpush between register.com accounts - no idea, I always transferred away anything landed at this registrar...

•••
As for domainpush between register.com accounts - no idea, I always transferred away anything landed at this registrar...

Me too. In fact I'd go further. I've even been inclined to refuse to purchase any domain which would end up in my Register Account.

•••
Yes - The BIG FU that I thought might happen.... AND it did. If I ever make a stupid post like this again, please just tell me NOT TO DO IT. I think you kinda did.

NEVER AGAIN WITH any NETSOL company. What a bunch of garbage.

upload_2019-12-23_20-12-44.png

Last edited:
•••
Assuming that you could successfully pay to register .com, and the domain is already under your control - all is more or less fine. 5 days - well, at least it is not 60. What would your client say is another story, hope they'll understand. Security, holidays, etc, etc. Finally, it was their selection to use register.com...

•••
Assuming that you could successfully pay to register .com, and the domain is already under your control - all is more or less fine. 5 days - well, at least it is not 60. What would your client say is another story, hope they'll understand. Security, holidays, etc, etc. Finally, it was their selection to use register.com...
Yeah - not a huge deal. Just a bad company policy with the intent to keep you as a customer - rather than earning your business with good practice. Kind of like the 60 godaddy lock on auctions - you can email them and have removed - but, it should just be removed in the beginning.

•••
Yes - The BIG FU that I thought might happen.... AND it did. If I ever make a stupid post like this again, please just tell me NOT TO DO IT. I think you kinda did.

NEVER AGAIN WITH any NETSOL company. What a bunch of garbage.

Show attachment 139786

That doesn't mean that it won't be locked for another 60 days after the 5 days are up. I think your domain will be locked for another 60 days when you have access to it, just like GoDaddy, in fact :(

AND. If they do allow it. Watch out or the last update in the whois. If the last update was a renewal (you can't always tell, but mostly it will be obvious), then you shouldn't transfer out until after 45 days after the actual previous expiry/renewal date. Why? Because ICANN, in their wisdom, will not give the renewing registrar a 1 year renewal, but allow the transfer. Which means there have been a both a same registrar renewal and a transfer registrar renewal, for the same domain in close proximity. In ICANNs wisdom, they refund the old renewal, to the old registrar, and the old registrant. Which isn't you. So you will have paid for a transfer, but will not get a additional 1 year renewal added to the domain. The trick here is to NOT TRANSFER OUT UNTIL AFTER 45 DAYS THE LAST EXPIRY DATE. But this only applies, if Registrar hasn't locked the domain for 60 days :) Nice eh? And to add to the pain. Good luck trying to get the old Registrar to pay up. The only Registrar I ever got to pay up was NameSilo, but I think they have stopped doing that also.

Not all Registrars lock a domain for 60 days on a push to another account.

Last edited:
•••
transfer out until after 45 days
We have an enduser here who seems to be happy with register .com ... They may not look to transfer the domain away. So this enduser is likely looking for stability and reputable / well-known registrar (not necessary with $8.xx pricing). If it is the case, maybe @Ja Kai can recommend him any respected retail registrar (easy control panel, no "complicated" domainers stuff which they do not need anyway) where the things simply work (Hover, EasyDNS, pairNIC just to name a few). I always do this if my buddies etc. are looking for a good service which they intend to manage themselves... All are happy so far :) Yeah, many endusers still do think that if it is register.com then they should register with them ;-()

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back