IT.COM

Questions on Selling at Auction

NameSilo
Watch

domaintrades

Established Member
Impact
These are questions that there seems no absolute right or wrong answers to, it's all a matter of person likes.

I am interested, however, to get the opinions of domainers here who have valuable experience, many in both buying and selling at auctions.

I'm especially interested to learn from a seller's angle.

What are your views on:

1. Setting a BIN Price, does it really help, do buyers prefer to see BIN's?

2. On Flippa it's sometimes possible to see the Reserve, if one has been set. But, rather than have a Reserve, isn't it better just to set a Minimum Offer price, which seems more transparent?

3. If you accept both Escrow and PayPal, is there a maximum amount you would allow someone to pay by PayPal, considering the safety factors?

4. Is there a best time to end your auction (obviously it's important for the seller to be around, and not to end on a weekend). But, is there a better time that would likely be right for the majority of buyers?

5. Is it good to show the Estibot Appraisal, and if so, at what level from, say only if it's valued above $1,000?

Thanks for your feedback. :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, I'm shocked.

No replies to what I would have imagined are pretty basic questions.

Maybe I incorrectly assumed more members here use auction sites like Flippa. Or perhaps no one wants to give their 'trade secrets' away? :xf.grin:

•••
As to #4, DomainShane suggested once that you end your auction during North American time zones, or at least make sure it doesn't end late at night or early morning for N. America.

•••
As to #4, DomainShane suggested once that you end your auction during North American time zones, or at least make sure it doesn't end late at night or early morning for N. America.

Thanks, that makes sense, as I imagine the bulk of domain purchases are carried out by North Americans.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back