NameSilo

Question regarding godaddy auctions...

Located in Domain Expiration and Domain Drop Catching started by mint519, Apr 28, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. mint519

mint519 New Member

So I was trying to by an old domain name of mine. I was watching the auction up until the last second, no bids. I was just going to buy it in closeout, but it never went to closeout? It's literally my last name with design after it, so i can't think of any reason why anyone would want it or bid on it.

It's been like 2 days, could it still go to closeout orrr? what happened. i'm so confused.

whois shows this:
    Update Date: 2018-04-26T16:14:41Z
    Creation Date: 2013-03-22T07:54:14Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-03-22T07:54:14Z

i've never used godaddy auctions before and i read it would go to closeout automatically within a minute or 2. i refreshed for a solid 5 mins and was checking on it every 5 mins throughout the day....

is there a way to see if someone bid on it/bought it?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. mint519

mint519 New Member

nvm called godaddy i guess someone bought it.

3. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Very possible, it happens all the time.
    You might think the name should have value to nobody but maybe it's got residual traffic or backlinks. People are bidding like crazy and buying almost anything these days.

4. creataweb

creataweb Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

There's a thread here about it. There is a loophole allowing someone to buy the name right before closeouts.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!