Domain Empire

GoDaddy Expired Domain Auctions - When to Place Bid to Avoid HugeDomains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Captdocs

Established Member
Impact
Ugh.

In 3 auctions in the past couple weeks, that I've decided I really want the domain, I've gotten outbid by HugeDomains.
I set a price that I think the domain is worth before hand and what I think it could sell for, and every time Huge ends up paying almost as much as I think I could sell it for.. and I end up letting them win.

I've tried a few times to not bid on the domain and wait for it to go to a closeout, but then some bot snipes it before I even see it go to closeout..

My question is: When is the best time to bid in an auction, is it better to wait for the last hour, or does it not matter and Huge will see it anyway and I might as well bid 3 days earlier when I first see it, because waiting for the domain to go to closeout isn't worth it anymore imo.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
[QUOTE="GeorgeQuang, post: 6284050, member: 998035"
crazy! crazy! Those name can be bought in Close out for only $5 in 2016. :xf.cry:
btw, i just won :pompous:[/QUOTE]

Difficult to sell 2 word .com ones right now. So try and avoid them.
Just liked your first one.
See if they both make sense combined or can be used by an end user.
Just sold 70+ better names in $5000 , to let you know how bad the market is.

•••
i just bought TimberServices.com, dude. The other were bought by some crazy guys that had deep-pocket.

•••
Just sold 70+ better names in $5000 , to let you know how bad the market is.[/QUOTE]
Could you PM me and let me know your 70 domains that were sold ?

•••
Just sold 70+ better names in $5000 , to let you know how bad the market is.
Could you PM me and let me know your 70 domains that were sold ?[/QUOTE]

I mean I have reached an agreement with the buyer. Waiting payment. Will share

•••
•••
•••
i noticed a big jump in auction prices over the last week... it goes up and down, just need to wait and see

•••
So strange, similar domains here on NP sell for way less !

•••
i was just thinking that - those are way over reseller prices for sure

i can't wait to see some of these names hit NP - should be a good laugh when they realise they over paid and they can't flip the names, LMFAO

•••
I hope this crazy period won't exist longer. It has been 1 or 2 months when the prices become unprofitable.

•••
i am still able to get a few without bidding - picked another one up today for $5

•••
How many names do you own, buddy ?

•••
•••
HugeDomains in a nutshell:

LOVE their sales Page
HATE the prices

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back