IT.COM

Question On Adwords Tool

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi, Thanks in advance. When finding a keyword and using the tool you want a word with lots of searches but little competing bids, correct?

So if I found a keyword with 60,500 searches a month it shows, and no other bids so showing .05, should I do auto bid max .18 and is that ok?

Would is show its not a good choice?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Make sure that you have clicked "exact" on the left side. Otherwise, the numbers will be really high.

•••
When finding a keyword and using the tool you want a word with lots of searches but little competing bids, correct?

If you're looking for keywords for an Adwords campaign, that's more or less correct. Keep in mind if there are few to no competing bids and a high volume of searches, there's usually a reason nobody's bidding on it (i.e. too vague, doesn't convert, a trademark ...)

Make sure that you have clicked "exact" on the left side. Otherwise, the numbers will be really high.

In Adwords, exact match may not be what you want - it will give you the fewest impressions of your ad. You have to decide which match type is most appropriate.

•••
Minimum bid should be 5cents because tool shows the average not current rate.

•••
$0.18 should be fine. However it’s worth keeping an eye on the ad’s average position too. Too low and you could be missing out on a lot of clicks that a slight bid increase might deliver.

•••
I've found with adwords that you shouldn't be in a rush. You can get unexpected results with low CPC's, even if the recommended amount is much higher, you may actually get front page, or second page views for much less. At least for a time. It really depends on how many clicks you want within a day, being too hasty will cost you more in the long run, with perhaps just as many clicks, for cheaper if you are patient.

I like to trial and error every campaign, start low, and raise certain keywords max CPC's as required, or even the other way around if you're really in a hurry.

Don't forget max CPC's are just that, you will usually pay a few cents lower.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back