IT.COM

Question about GoDaddy closeout

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I bought a domain from the list of godaddy closeouts. However they took the money but no notification of payment and no sign of the domain. Anyone any idea how long the process takes? I feel dirty using godaddy lol.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We are working on a new auctions design and it will help with some of what you are concerned about. Also we released an app about two years ago which makes it easier to bid on names you are already bidding on or watching. It will allow you to bid quickly and easily on auctions you are involved in and you can do it from your phone so you don't have to be tethered to your computer. You can set up push notifications easily and with a touch of a button rebid if you are outbid.
Not a rhetorical question but do you use the app? Have you seen how poor it's design is? Also, why does it keep logging me out even when I select the remember me checkbox? Unless I open the app everyday, it will log me out due to "inactivity"

•••
For instance last month we changed the way saved searches work.
It would be nice if there was a notification page which listed changes (more importantly, improvements) to the auctions service

•••
If the domain is at GoDaddy it should be moving to you. Have you reached out to support yet about it?

Always forget Auctions-Team can be reached directly. Will do, thanks.

•••
I use the app on my iPhone almost every day because my work network does not allow connecting to GoDaddy.

For strictly bidding, it works pretty well. It does not log me out every day (sometimes I can go several weeks before having to log back in). Maybe it's when I do a hard restart on my iPhone that forces me to log back in??? (I will have to monitor that going forward).

The night before, or the morning of, I "Watch" the domain names I am interested in. Then I get notifications when there's only 15 minutes left in the auction, and also when I get Outbid.

My #1 wishlist item for the App would be to allow me to search the expiring domains for the day and being able to "Watch" the names I am interested in -- then I won't have to do it from my desktop the night before, or early morning before I head into the office...

Regards,
DN

•••
Someone else could easily create such a system but of course we haven't got auction API and they only update the ftp once per day (not a lot of use for up to the minute data).

•••
Also we released an app about two years ago which makes it easier to bid on names you are already bidding on or watching. It will allow you to bid quickly and easily on auctions you are involved in and you can do it from your phone so you don't have to be tethered to your computer. You can set up push notifications easily and with a touch of a button rebid if you are outbid.
Can we use the desktop browser site and mobile app in tandem without encountering any issues? Or would this set off any red flags on GoDaddy's end?

•••
Can we use the desktop browser site and mobile app in tandem without encountering any issues? Or would this set off any red flags on GoDaddy's end?
that is fine to do.

•••
I use the app on my iPhone almost every day because my work network does not allow connecting to GoDaddy.
I'm not on the iPhone app but the Android app. I do experience repeated log-outs in the app

•••
that is fine to do.
Good to know, thanks!

Does the same go for being logged into you auctions account on two desktop computers at once too?

•••
It shouldn't log you out. I have been logged into both at the same time with no issues but it has been a while back when I was troubleshooting it before it was released publicly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back