Domain Empire

question Question about Bodis and how they track visitors

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chance820709

Impact
Long time lurker first-time poster

I recently switched from Sedo to Bodis cause I see so many people say they pay better. However, I don't think Bodis is tracking all visitors correctly. I have several domains that the average number of visitors is 30 - 90 visitors a day each. Once I switched to Bodis, each of those domains are recording 0 to 5 visitors a day. That doesn't seem right. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something in the configuration I am missing?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you consider the fact that Sedo might not be counting visitors correctly?

•••
Long time lurker first-time poster

I recently switched from Sedo to Bodis cause I see so many people say they pay better. However, I don't think Bodis is tracking all visitors correctly. I have several domains that the average number of visitors is 30 - 90 visitors a day each. Once I switched to Bodis, each of those domains are recording 0 to 5 visitors a day. That doesn't seem right. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something in the configuration I am missing?
Bodis probably has a better bot detection system.

•••
Before I parked at Sedo, a couple of these domains were being redirected to affiliate offer links. The hits on the affiliate links were on par with the numbers I would see in Sedo. Plus I was making somewhat decent money on Sedo. Not sure they would pay me for visitors that didn't exist.

•••
I guess the question is what type of revenues did you get on Sedo for these domains and if you are not getting any revenue on Bodis. I assumed you waited 48-72 hours for name servers to fully resolve. As far as difference in visitors, each parking provider filters the visitor differently depending on source IP address, bots, etc. Bodis is pretty strict on filtering visitors, which shouldn't affect revenue since those visitors don't convert.

•••
I guess the question is what type of revenues did you get on Sedo for these domains and if you are not getting any revenue on Bodis. I assumed you waited 48-72 hours for name servers to fully resolve. As far as difference in visitors, each parking provider filters the visitor differently depending on source IP address, bots, etc. Bodis is pretty strict on filtering visitors, which shouldn't affect revenue since those visitors don't convert.
I have given it a week. I am willing to give it 30 days as long as I can understand what the difference is. I wasn't going to become a millionaire but between all my domains I would earn a couple of dollars a day.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back