Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Push query with Escrow.com

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Pommy - The DN Doc

Domain Name DoctorEstablished Member
Impact
37
In the middle of selling a dn with escrow.com.

Buyer has transferred funds.

Escrow.com states:

"Submit the domain name transfer to the Buyer
• Escrow.com has secured the Buyer's payment.
• The domain name transfer process varies with each registrar. Please communicate with your Buyer and the registrar directly to complete this process. Escrow.com does not transfer the domain
• After the transfer process has been started, please click the continue button to move the transaction forward and provide your Buyer the opportunity to mark the domain as “received” on the Escrow.com site.

Please transfer domain only to this address [name and address of party given]"

Buyer emails:

"I have wired the funds to Escrow.com. When they have acknowledged receipt, please push the name to my account at XXXXX. My account name is XXXX"


His suggestion would work of course, but what proof would I have if I pushed the domain and he walked off saying that the domain had not been transferred? The account name might be controlled by him but not in his name....?

Some urgent experience and logic greatly appreciated!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
An answer to my own question.

I contacted my registrar top confirm in writing the address of the account holder requested, it matched the escrow one and all confirmed and transaction complete.
 
0
•••
Congrats, you just recognized the biggest security flaw with Escrow.com.

Good idea getting the registrar involved.
 
0
•••
Its a learning experience. I thought escrow.com was the best for security. Doesnt say much about the rest then. I rang them for help and all I got was an increasingly more slowly read out sentence!
 
0
•••
True escrow service is established when Buyer and Seller submit goods & consideration to an intermediary, unbiased third party who disperses each according to agreed to escrow instructions. Technically, Escrow.com does not do this because it does not receive domain/s from Seller.
 
0
•••
Sedo has a pretty good escrow service.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back