Dynadot

PTC Site, ~40,000 members, ~10,000,000 Hits/mo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Domain has a PR of 1... Kinda cheesy if ya ask me... :P

It's getting around 340,000 hits daily, I've seen the screenshots.

How much do you guys think it's worth (sold with all the current members and everything)?

-Rick

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not sure about it's value, but I do know that the PR has nothing to do with it. If you check the PR of NamePros, you'll see that it's PR is 0 but it has 10,000+ members.

•••
Namepros has a PR of 6 for me....

•••
thats just because its inner pages are not indexed.
They are indexed by the archive.

•••
How many active members?
How much preofit does it earn per month?
Does the site pay in cash or redemption?
If so, does the site owe members more than it has profitted?

•••
ricberw said:
Domain has a PR of 1... Kinda cheesy if ya ask me... :P

How much do you guys think it's worth (sold with all the current members and everything)?

-Rick

Do you own the site/domain?

:music:

•••
•••
40000 members?

It'll cost a fortune, that's for sure...

•••
Doesn't sound like he owns it
after rereading his post.

•••
moved from Domain Appraisals to Domain Discussions

reminder: The Domain Appraisals area is only for those domains you currently own or control. Thanks for your cooperation.

•••
How much are you going to offer?

•••
Well, I don't own it right now, but am thinking of purchasing it... It's going to be a big one in my book... :P

It brings in around $1100 / mo (which seems like a lot, but it's quite a bit of work)...

Any numbers? :P

-Rick

•••
Domainut said:
How many active members?
How much preofit does it earn per month?
Does the site pay in cash or redemption?
If so, does the site owe members more than it has profitted?

Active? Around 14,000 of them...
Profit? Answered above...
Pays members in CASH through PayPal or Egold...
Site would be sold with no outstanding payments, normal payouts are around $300/mo...

•••
armstrong said:
moved from Domain Appraisals to Domain Discussions

reminder: The Domain Appraisals area is only for those domains you currently own or control. Thanks for your cooperation.

Thanks for the move; was in a hurry to post before going to do homework :D

-Rick

•••
Thanks for the clarification Rick...

Good luck with the acquisition :)

It would be a very lucrative sideline $$$

:tu:

•••
netPH said:
Thanks for the clarification Rick...

Good luck with the acquisition :)

It would be a very lucrative sideline $$$

:tu:

Yeah... Was planning on just letting it run itself (other than payments and the irregular support e-mail) and using it to grow some of my other sites, then planned to sell it off for a semi-low price... Kind of like a drive-by that ended up going well ;)

-Rick

•••
Well, you let me know when you plan to sell it off.

•••
that would be expensive though, can't give exact figures

•••
its hard to tell what its worth without knowing what it is. if the site topic is somthing like a type of game, or somthing witch as great as it is will die out sooner or later then the worth would be considereably less. if however it was on somthing witch will out live me, eg an educashion board or somthing then its worth just went up a hell of alot.

also rember quality over quanity. 1 site makeing 1000 a month is easely better then 100 makeing 10.

if i could get a lone i would defently consider going for it. i myself am applying for a lone to buy a domain and develop it early next year when i turn 18 insted of a car.

QBert

•••
Sounds like a big time site, but what do you mean by "PTC"? Also, what topic is the site about?

•••
It's a PTC site...

"Paid To Click"

One of the biggest out there right now... Gets a few new advertisers every day, and about 40 new members a day... :P

I'm seriously considering buying it, but I really don't know if I can conjure up the cash :P

-Rick

•••
It's a PTC site...

"Paid To Click"

Is that legal? Why would advertisers pay anyone to click? For all they know, the hits are just pro clickers with absolutely zero intention of buying anything.

•••
These are Also known as Paid to Read Emails etc ... Usually it is a CPM thing (Impressions/Page Visiting) - A lot of them are nothing more than Traffic Exchanges -

As far as worth .... dunno ~

Does it have the Opt In Email List of all these members ? - I'd want some pretty good Info on all that type stuff as If the members are Fake or weren't "Opt In" - You may get hit with a Spam issue ....

•••
ricberw said:
It brings in around $1100 / mo (which seems like a lot, but it's quite a bit of work)...

-Rick
Rick, how many months were used in that estimate?

Peace,kp

•••
armstrong said:
It's a PTC site...

"Paid To Click"

Is that legal? Why would advertisers pay anyone to click? For all they know, the hits are just pro clickers with absolutely zero intention of buying anything.

Normally, PTC sites are used as places where people can make a few bucks a day clicking ads, and advertisers can spend a few bucks a day, and get thousands of hits and possibly even some signups (if the members are interested)... It's perfectly legal and it works too, just most of the time the companies go out of business due to lack of customers. :P

all4cost said:
These are Also known as Paid to Read Emails etc ... Usually it is a CPM thing (Impressions/Page Visiting) - A lot of them are nothing more than Traffic Exchanges -

As far as worth .... dunno ~

Does it have the Opt In Email List of all these members ? - I'd want some pretty good Info on all that type stuff as If the members are Fake or weren't "Opt In" - You may get hit with a Spam issue ....

Yeah, when signing up, they agree to recieve any e-mail from us that we send... If they want out, they're allowed out, all they have to do is cancel their account. There's even a mailer builtin to the site that lets advertisers send mail to every member once every 24 hours (depending on how many credits they purchase; it's all approved by an admin first).

kid5150 said:
ricberw said:

-Rick
Rick, how many months were used in that estimate?

Peace,kp

Well, from what I've seen, about four... They've been growing ever since opening a year and a half ago.

Any other brain-racking questions? :D

-Rick

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back