Dynadot

domain Psychologyy.com is it worth $99 ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reallybigidea.com

THIS DOMAIN SOLD. Username is not valid.Top Member
Impact
Found similar domains (one word ending with - YY) on Brandbucket..
Do you like such brand names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The domain "Psychology.com", without the extra "y", I would hazard guessing is good value. That domain, with the extra "y", with the ".com", for 100 bucks? Pretty awesome. If you negotiated it down, even better

•••
In this case, first letter "P" naturally useless, and the extra trailing "Y" extraordinarily useless. Won't buy even for reg fee. IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
In this case, first letter "P" naturally useless, and the extra trailing "Y" extraordinarily useless. Won't buy even for reg fee. IMHO.
What? The letter "P" is needed to spell.....Psychology (without the double "y")

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi

No!

why?
because they are not brand names, unless they get used as one.

imo...
agreed technically it is a naked domain but i mean a future brand name or brandables

•••
agreed technically it is a naked domain but i mean a future brand name or brandables
you got domains dropping everyday that you can buy for reg fee that are considered brandables if that's what you are after

•••
Creating the brand. "Psychology Y", could refer to a psychology debate class, a forum, an organisation. "Y" refers to "Why", simplicity - Psychologists as professionals ask questions. Many different angles to look at

Last edited:
•••
What? The letter "P" is needed to spell.....Psychology (without the double "y")
first letter "P" naturally useless means silent, not pronounced, otherwise
P-Sychology.

•••
Creating the brand. "Psychology Y", could refer to a psychology debate class, a forum, an organisation. "Y" refers to "Why", simplicity - Psychologists as professionals ask questions. Many different angles to look at
Your interpretation. And unless you're the potential buyer, it makes little or no sense.

•••
Your interpretation. And unless you're the potential buyer, it makes little or no sense.

It's a good job that any advice by me is an opinion, not fact

•••
P-Sychology.
It can be silent all it wants - but it is the correct spelling so it is not useless, just "silent" as you say.....

As a domain without the "P" it then becomes a typo/brandable....which is listed on DAN for sale by the way :xf.wink: - not mine........

Last edited:
•••
Because the middle and third fingers on each hand share a nerve it is much better to use double letters that are normally typed by these fingers, (e, r, d, f, c, and x on the left hand and i, o, j, k on the right hand), this is because there is a greater chance of typists at a keyboard double typing these keys. Of course even this is not common. Also with the advent of onscreen type selection such as on phones this advantage decreases to zero.

Psychologyy with the double 'y' would therefore be classed as a rare type of typo making the domain of no use unless specifically branded - and I would suspect that many people would only type the single 'y' instead of the double 'yy'.

Value IMO is therefore zero.

Hope this helps.

•••
P-Sychology.
It's not useless, it's like you write "know" like this: "now". Silent letters in language have their importance, languages have rules and as domainers we must not torture the English language and other languages under the pretext that it is creativity, it is not. Brands that use mispelling use them only because the correct spelling is not available, and when a brand name contains 1 mispelling it may be OK. but when it contains more than 1 mispelling the word becomes confusing and looks non professional. We usually forget that we deal with language and language is vast and rich, vaster and richer than most domainers believe. For example poets everyday create new combinaisons of words with special new meanings. we rush in registrating combinaisons of words that contain famous keywords related to famous industries, but for end users it may be not important. that's why the majority of end users register available domains and are happy with them. Of course domains with famous 1 or 2 keywords are rare and that's why there is a high demand for them and that's why they are expansive but they are not the only option and every domain is unique and can be used as a name to build a brand. For example, I know a company in the film industry that makes crazy money and the owner registered an available domain for it. We also concentrate on famous industries and forget that there are a lot we overlook and there are a lot of companies related to them.
I think that if PsychologyY.com finds an end user who appreciates it he will be ready to pay $100 for it or even more.

Last edited:
•••
I like the concept, but it's not something you'll think about right away. I can imagine the logo have a cross between a y and ? for the last y. Overall I believe it to be worth at least $100.

•••
@domainflipper1000 interesting idea.. Psychology & You or Psychology for You so the Y letter is for "you"

•••
•••
Then why not use the letter 'U' ?

As it is it is pronounced "Psychology Y".

Sorry but just trying to be helpful here.
i have GoldForU.com and i think it is not brandable
only double letters makes a domain brandable
e.g. Thiink.com was sold...

•••
I have just notified - someone spent mid $x,xxx on Monkeyy*com
IMG_20210316_220417.png

Last edited:
•••
i have GoldForU.com and i think it is not brandable
only double letters makes a domain brandable
e.g. Thiink.com was sold...

See my post above about the keys that are 'likely' to be double tapped. :xf.wink:

As for Monkeyy.com well if the buyer is happy then so be it - but one buyer DOES NOT MAKE A TREND.

Last edited:
•••
Securing Psychology X, Psychology Y, Psychology Z (.com) then offering all 3 as a package, may be appealing. The marketing I gave it above may suck a bit, was just an example. Psychology & You is a good concept, but then makes me think better off having "YouPsychology.com"

•••
•••
•••
•••
Exactly ^^^

I sold animatorr.com quite a while back and it has had the same coming soon landing in place since - personally think it was an impulse buy with a vague project in mind and then........onto the next great idea they go

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back