Dynadot

question Pricing Reference: HugeDomains, SquadHelp, BP, BB vs NameBio

NameSilo
Watch

TopBrandsForSale

NameFinest.comUpgraded Member
Impact
Hi everyone,
most of the suggestions I've got here were about checking the prices of previous sales on NameBio.

And this is really helpful to understand past sales and potential value to price your domains, along with other factors, such as monthly keyword research, sector, trends, etc...

But since their database doesn't report all the sales we are surely missing a part of important data to complete this job.

So today I thought: what about scraping the market leaders' prices to understand their similar prices?

I mean, does it makes sense to check about similar domain prices on HugeDomains, BrandPa, SquadHelp, BrandBucket, etc...
and use their prices as a reference to set yours or they are too overpriced?

These days I'm always wondering if I mispriced my domains for some reason and I'm getting a bit paranoid about this :D

What do you think guys?

Cheers!

P.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For example, I'm trying to price this domain:

TrendingMed.com

HugeDomains has priced similar domains at:

PharmaTrends.com $12,695.00
TrendingMag.com $11,895.00
NewsTrending.com $11,095.00
trendingfood.com $9,995.00
TrendingPost.COM$9,795.00

But NameBio has way lower similar domains prices for the starting keyword "Trending":

trendingnews.com1,525 USD

While it shows a bit more promising results for the ending keyword "Med":
monkeymed.com4,999 USD
goodmed.com8,500 USD
nanomed.com14,494 USD

"Med" could be an abbreviation for medicine, medical, and media.

How would you use these data to price any of your domains?

Thanks!

•••
Here is GD

trendinghealth.com --- 2288 --- 2019
newsmed.com --- 500 --- 2019
organicmed.com --- 3088 --- 2018
spotlightmed.com --- 688 --- 2019
onlymed.com --- 2000 --- 2014
trustedmed.com --- 2000 --- 2012
nichemed.com --- 1995 --- 2019
exclusivemed.com --- 3000 --- 2013
localmed.com --- 3828 --- 2012
cheapmed.com --- 2000 --- 2006

Always consider the year of the sale too, it changes.

Asking price doesn't mean anything. A lot of domains in the DC pre-release for $10 had asking prices for years of 2000+

•••
I think you are mixing up very different things here. BB, BP, and SQ Premium - are marketplaces for brandable names. HugeDomains is a private portfolio (just like yours!) and NameBio provides you with sales stats (what name was sold before), not random estimation.
NameBio is a good source to understand the popularity of the keyword, the rise or decline, the performance over the time etc. But there is no magic formula for how to price your domain perfectly. If you see the combination ''crypto''+ sells hundreds per month for example and for 2000-10000 - it probably makes sense to set some similar price, not $150. It just gives you a pattern and I don't want to be Captain Obvious here, but the price tag to put at the end depends on your name, your portfolio, financial situation, goals, strategy.

•••
I think you are mixing up very different things here. BB, BP, and SQ Premium - are marketplaces for brandable names. HugeDomains is a private portfolio (just like yours!) and NameBio provides you with sales stats (what name was sold before), not random estimation.
NameBio is a good source to understand the popularity of the keyword, the rise or decline, the performance over the time etc. But there is no magic formula for how to price your domain perfectly. If you see the combination ''crypto''+ sells hundreds per month for example and for 2000-10000 - it probably makes sense to set some similar price, not $150. It just gives you a pattern and I don't want to be Captain Obvious here, but the price tag to put at the end depends on your name, your portfolio, financial situation, goals, strategy.
Well, I'm not mixing up, I'm aware of the difference between their prices vs actual sales report prices.

Just saying they are big players on the market so probably their prices could make sense since it's their main job.

So I was wondering how many of you guys check their prices for similar domains when you have to decide your own price. However, what you say it's correct, it depends on many factors obviously and probably the most important things are the actual sales. Sad it's that many sales are not yet reported on NameBio.

Also with NameBio you hardly get useful references for the upcoming trends

Last edited:
•••
Pricing is more art sometimes than science. I don’t stress too much over it. I set a number that I would be happy with. I try to maintain an average sales price across my portfolio that is 100 times my acquisition cost.

After you purchased the name is a bad time to set the price. I generally know the price I am going to ask before I buy the name and limit my purchase price based on that number.

I do look at sites like HugeDomains and BuyDomains and try to price more aggressively (lower) than they do for similar names.

Just like when I choose a name, I try to put myself in the shoes of my potential buyer. Who are they? What kind of budget would they be working with? What product/service do they sell and for how much?

The overall market has gone up in recent years. I actually went through pricing recently and increased prices on most domains and I am tracking for one of my best years right now.

Unless I plan to drop, my minimum price is $988, most of my domains are low to mid XXXX, and I have a small amount priced at 5 figures that I think the ideal buyer might pay that or for domains that I may use for my other projects and businesses.

For the domain you mentioned, with all the data you presented, I would slap a price on it of $2588 and move on.

•••
Pricing is more art sometimes than science. I don’t stress too much over it. I set a number that I would be happy with. I try to maintain an average sales price across my portfolio that is 100 times my acquisition cost.

After you purchased the name is a bad time to set the price. I generally know the price I am going to ask before I buy the name and limit my purchase price based on that number.

I do look at sites like HugeDomains and BuyDomains and try to price more aggressively (lower) than they do for similar names.

Just like when I choose a name, I try to put myself in the shoes of my potential buyer. Who are they? What kind of budget would they be working with? What product/service do they sell and for how much?

The overall market has gone up in recent years. I actually went through pricing recently and increased prices on most domains and I am tracking for one of my best years right now.

Unless I plan to drop, my minimum price is $988, most of my domains are low to mid XXXX, and I have a small amount priced at 5 figures that I think the ideal buyer might pay that or for domains that I may use for my other projects and businesses.

For the domain you mentioned, with all the data you presented, I would slap a price on it of $2588 and move on.
Thank you very much! I agree with you 100%.

That's exactly the confirmation of my thoughts I wanted to hear from someone more experienced than myself.

I think what you said makes totally sense :)

•••
Well, I'm not mixing up, I'm aware of the difference between their prices vs actual sales report prices.

Just saying they are big players on the market so probably their prices could make sense since it's their main job.

So I was wondering how many of you guys check their prices for similar domains when you have to decide your own price. However, what you say it's correct, it depends on many factors obviously and probably the most important things are the actual sales. Sad it's that many sales are not yet reported on NameBio.

Also with NameBio you hardly get useful references for the upcoming trends

For all brandable marketplaces it doesn' make no sense to look into their price - brandables is a very specific niche.
For similar sales: NameBio and GoDaddy appraisal (GD perfectly gives you the similar sales, more - their appraisal is actually based on this info). I personally don't look at GD, but one might.
DotDB will give you 500 top words for free - that's to the question of ''trends''.
As for the rest - I agree with @inforg

•••
Don;'t overestimate them., They have way too many names to price individually. I am sure they use some "algorithm" that works for the type of names that they buy using "their" algorithm.

Everyone has different buying style and thus what work for them will not work for you. They also underprice a lot of assets and they are a good place for smart investors to pick up trending names.

Godaddy's pricing is very good though.

•••
Hi

past sales are the bar,
if you use them to set yours, then average prices for such terms will never go up.

and only those will balls, will push the envelope.

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back