Dynadot

question Pricing for .Chat domain name renewal on GoDaddy are different for different domain names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

davidcali

Impact
Hi,
I have one 6 letters .chat domain name on GoDaddy was renewed at $26.17 and a 4 letters .chat domain name was renewed at $36.17. They said unlike .COM, .chat renewal fees are based on the length of the domain name. Is it correct? Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does this really need its own thread?

What did you expect.

They do the same with .com
($19 original price to non-VIP members, unless you want to pay the β€œhostage tax” if <xxx DNs.
which i assume gives .chat cheap price too.

Last edited:
•••
Ask Donuts (Registry).
It is not related to registrars at all.

•••
Your domain is probably designated as "premium" and thus the higher renewal. This doesn't depend on length but whether or not Donuts has that keyword in that tld marked as premium.

There are some Donuts extensions (like .group) where all 3-letter domains are marked as premium with most of them priced at the lowest tier at $36/yr. As far as I know, there are no extensions where all 4-letter names have a premium renewal by default.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back