IT.COM

"Premium" domains is .COM registry - how new is this?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

elodo

Established Member
Impact
I realized that I haven't noticed "premium domains" (specially priced) in the .COM registry in searches before... in other extensions - yes, but not in .COM.

Could I ask you, how long ago it was when .COM came up with this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I realized that I haven't noticed "premium domains" (specially priced) in the .COM registry in searches before... in other extensions - yes, but not in .COM.

Could I ask you, how long ago it was when .COM came up with this?
The .com registry doesn't do this. Where did you see it?

•••
•••
In Dynadot search... just today. :xf.confused:
Some registrars use the term 'premium' for aftermarket domains. The pricing you see is not set by the .com registry but by individual sellers in the aftermarket. Welcome to domain investing.

•••
Verisign is now reserves dropped com domains that exact matching with new gtlds

•••
Some registrars use the term 'premium' for aftermarket domains. The pricing you see is not set by the .com registry but by individual sellers in the aftermarket. Welcome to domain investing.

Thank you as always.

I, actually, suspected that but wasn't sure, as Dynadot usually shows auctioned domains in search results with "Make offer" ot "Buy now" buttons, it looked quite different from what I saw with that "Premium domain" thing. I also saw the same on Name.com today.

I still tend to think that something changed there... but, again, I'm not sure at all. I could be imagining.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back