IT.COM

PR and expiring domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have been following a few expiring domains and noticed that the pagerank seems to reset when it drops. Am i correct in this assessment? If so, what is the point of backordering a domain with PR, if it will be lost in the process? Last, can anything be done to retain that PR after it drops?

Thanks,
Anks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
whats the big deal with pr? if it has traffic isnt that what counts.

•••
skrilla said:
whats the big deal with pr? if it has traffic isnt that what counts.
The pagerank helps it get more traffic, as a higher pagerank normally means a high ranking in google :D

•••
yes but if it WAS a pr5 for instance. its still going to get the same ammount of traffic even though its a 0/10 now. depending on how long is was not regged. and if nothing has changed wouldnt the pr return??

•••
also, if the domain doesnt work out the way i wanted to, pagerank could help me get more in return when selling.

A related question, do the SERPs reset when a domain drops?

•••
After buying it and pointing it towards your website you should regain a majority of the pagerank if not all. I had a few domains that I did this with and they regained their former pagerank quickly. Good Luck.

•••
how do you get a page rank?

•••
neu-designs said:
how do you get a page rank?

by getting other websites link to your site.
if you got a website with a pagerank of 5 linking to you your pagerank would go up alot on the next google update.

•••
I've a question.

For example: messagecentral.info PR: 8

This domain has 50900 backlinks from Google and there are no backlinks from MSN, AltaVista, Alexa, Yahoo...

I've looked at some sites that backlinked from Google, and have not find an actual link to this domain...

How they did this? I believe there is some cheat with this domain.... Am I right or not?

•••
I raised this problem not long ago. Apparently your pagerank is slightly affected by how long it is before the domain expires.

And as for your most recent question, it could be that the page has changed since it had the link on, check it's cache with Google maybe?

•••
TheNetCode said:
After buying it and pointing it towards your website you should regain a majority of the pagerank if not all. I had a few domains that I did this with and they regained their former pagerank quickly. Good Luck.

FletchRus said:
I've a question.

For example: messagecentral.info PR: 8

This domain has 50900 backlinks from Google and there are no backlinks from MSN, AltaVista, Alexa, Yahoo...

I've looked at some sites that backlinked from Google, and have not find an actual link to this domain...

How they did this? I believe there is some cheat with this domain.... Am I right or not?

Yes FletchRus it is A CHEAT and is getting way too prevalent.
PR5 /PR6 Listing on sales threads for FAKED PR5 done using the DODGY Method quoted by thenetcode

It is not REAL and Will not help anyone having Fake PR
PR is only a method of reporting the Indexing by GOOGLE ,so faking it to PR? does not help if you don't have the links and Solid SEO needed to justify it.
And of course none of you would Fake it ,just to try to ENHANCE the Resale Price would you.??
It is easy to check for fake PR.
DO a google for the Name ,if the Resultant URL that is reported is not the one searched for ,then the PR is Fake and is resulting from the Name having been Pointed at an existing PR ranked site.

•••
i think that about sums it up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back