Dynadot

PPC Traffic

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Seems to be some interest in arbitrage so I'll start with this question about
Adwords - do you have to have at least one active keyword for search in order for your ad to be displayed on the content network.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is there consensus now regarding the list of parking companies that accept (at least tacitly) traffic from G's Adwords Content Network?

•••
dirk said:
I know of a few others who had their campaign limits set at 100+ a while ago, however, when I asked recently I was told to create linked accounts in MCC instead.

Has their been a recent policy change or perhaps my G rep was being a meanie? It's a pain starting a new account with no history.

I dunno. I already had the MCC, because I work on accounts for clients as well.

•••
Selltrib - Thanls for that tip.

Goatish - Thank you for all that info. Oddly enough however when I checked my campaigns this morning the adgroup in question is now showing substantial
impressions on the content network. Maybe the Great Google God is watching
over this thread :) I'll keep an eye on it and still might start a content only adgroup
for that domain as I'd like to see if I can get my CPC down.

Also - I've been trying to figure out how to move adgroups between campaigns so
I'll take a look at the Adwords Editor to see if it has that functionality.

•••
packrat said:
Also - I've been trying to figure out how to move adgroups between campaigns so I'll take a look at the Adwords Editor to see if it has that functionality.

ctrl-c to copy, and ctrl-v to paste. Easy as pie.

Mobi Cheap said:
Is there consensus now regarding the list of parking companies that accept (at least tacitly) traffic from G's Adwords Content Network?

There can be no consensus, because no parking company is apparently willing to discuss arbitrage openly in a forum environment. I can kinda guess why that is, and I also kinda don't understand why it is, but it doesn't matter, because it's not up to me. If you want a definitive answer, contact a specific person at your specific parking company, and ask the specific question.

Last edited:
•••
netmeg said:
There can be no consensus, because no parking company is apparently willing to discuss arbitrage openly in a forum environment. I can kinda guess why that is, and I also kinda don't understand why it is, but it doesn't matter, because it's not up to me. If you want a definitive answer, contact a specific person at your specific parking company, and ask the specific question.

This was posted on the TrafficZ website. Some are allowing arbitrage and some don't.

Dear valued TrafficZ clients:

We have received a few questions lately and read numerous postings on various forums regarding the practice of purchasing traffic to your domains, also known as arbitrage. Just to remind everyone… Arbitrage is strictly prohibited by our Terms of Service (http://www.trafficz.com/tos.php), as well as the terms of service of our upstream providers.

Regardless of what has been stated by other Yahoo/Overture parking services or posted on the forums, our representatives at Yahoo/Overture have informed us that the prohibition against arbitrage applies across the entire Yahoo Publisher Network. We understand that arbitrage can be very profitable when implemented in ways to ensure quality, targeted traffic; however, at this time, the practice is prohibited.

Last edited:
•••
is this true??....Donny at Parked.com says it's ok across all of Yahoo's feeds...hhmmm..??

•••
How about we just let this topic die :)

•••
packrat said:

yep, well said. If you want to drive PPC traffic, approach your parking provider privately, not on a forum. Despite the public protestations of many of these companies including Trafficz, arbitrage is allowed, but on a case by case basis. And always get it in writing from the company.

•••
Hi,

In AdWords, (just need some clarifications):

Q1: How mant campaigns are allowed in an account?

Q2: Are deleted campaigns considered in the total allowed numbers?

Q3: Is it ok to delete the campaigns and set better focused new campaigns?

Q4: How many maxmum Ad-Groups are allowed in each campaign?

Q5: How many keywords are allowed in each ag-group?

Q6: Is there a limit on total keywords in a campaign i.e. total keywords from all the ad-groups in that campaign?

Thank you very much :)

•••
rickkumar said:
Hi,

you really need to bone up on the Adwords Help & FAQ sections

Adwords Groups is another good source of info http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-help

Last edited:
•••
rickkumar said:
Hi,

Q2: Are deleted campaigns considered in the total allowed numbers?

Q3: Is it ok to delete the campaigns and set better focused new campaigns?

Q4: How many maxmum Ad-Groups are allowed in each campaign?

Q5: How many keywords are allowed in each ag-group?

Q6: Is there a limit on total keywords in a campaign i.e. total keywords from all the ad-groups in that campaign?

Q1: 25 ACTIVE
Q2: No, nor are Paused
Q3: Absolutely
Q4: 100 ACTIVE
Q5: Varies, but the suggested limit is 2000 per campaign or 50,000 per account. However, if you have a lot of non performing or poor performing keywords, Google will send you a message to weed some of them out. They PREFER you to have a lot fewer, more focused keywords.
Q6: See Q5

•••
netmeg.......so 2000 keywords per campaign....and if u have 4 ad groups..u suggest 500 per ad group?

•••
netmeg said:
Q1: 25 ACTIVE
Q2: No, nor are Paused
Q3: Absolutely
Q4: 100 ACTIVE
Q5: Varies, but the suggested limit is 2000 per campaign or 50,000 per account. However, if you have a lot of non performing or poor performing keywords, Google will send you a message to weed some of them out. They PREFER you to have a lot fewer, more focused keywords.
Q6: See Q5

Hi Netmeg:

Thank you very much. You are a great source of help for us all.

Regards.

•••
tonyfloyd said:
netmeg.......so 2000 keywords per campaign....and if u have 4 ad groups..u suggest 500 per ad group?

I don't suggest anything of the sort. That's Google's suggested MAXIMUM.

I have hundreds of ad groups between my campaigns and my client's campaigns. I don't think I have a single ad group with more than 25 keywords*. Some only have one.

*doesn't count multiple match types for the same keyword

•••
netmeg said:
I don't suggest anything of the sort. That's Google's suggested MAXIMUM.

I have hundreds of ad groups between my campaigns and my client's campaigns. I don't think I have a single ad group with more than 25 keywords*. Some only have one.

*doesn't count multiple match types for the same keyword

ah...ok....so if u have 25 keywords in multiple match types...say 3 different types...that doesnt count then as 75?..correct?

thanks!
tony

•••
Don't obsess on the numbers. Obsess on the relevancy and focus.

•••
netmeg said:
Don't obsess on the numbers. Obsess on the relevancy and focus.

Well said. Initially when I would set up my campaigns I would throw as many
keywords in an adgroup as possible - sometimes I'd have 100. After a few days google would hike my cost drastically for my adgroups. So I managed to get around that for the most part by determining how many keywords I really needed and then breaking those down into adgroups with fewer keywords per adgroup, maybe 5 or 6. That made a big difference in my CPC's and also gave
me more relevant traffic.

I think perhaps if Google sees you "spamming" with keywords they say "aha, that's a PPC site, let's penalize them with higher keyword bids".

Also, just a word about M$ Adcenter for those who haven't yet tried it. Their interface is pretty slow and painful but you can put in whatever keyword bids you want - they don't force higher bids on you by making your keywords inactive. Of course, as with them all, the more you pay the better your placement :)

•••
here are some results from a campaign (to a Parked page) started 2 days ago.....so far 1 adgroup under campaign...

12 keywords....75 cents max bid on search....45 cents on content...(i have both running at same time)

Search total - 0 clicks from 78 impressions
Content total - 2 clicks from 9320 impressions ( cost - 67 cents total) - 0.02 CTR

All keywords have GREAT and OK Quality Score....

What am i doing wrong?...Do i need to ad more adgroups?.....raise my max bids?..etc..

Please share thought/feedback...

Thanks
Tony

•••
Impossible to tell anything much from that. Ony 78 impressions on search? That's not very many. After your campaign has been running a week or two, run an Impression Share report and see how much share you have - i.e. how many times your ad comes up out of all possible times it could come up. It'll also tell you if you're losing share because of rank or budget.

(That report only works on the Search Network, by the way)

Your QS will probably stay Great or OK to start; the big question is what it will be in 1 to 2 weeks.

In my experience, it takes at least 2-4 weeks for a new campaign to stabilize and come into its own.

•••
Tonyfloyd- What is your average position for the different keywords? Maybe not high
enough for people to notice your ad?

•••
thanks netmeg....do u think i should add other ad groups to this campaign...i only have 1 currently with about 12 keywords in it....do u want me to PM u the ad itself?

packrat said:
Tonyfloyd- What is your average position for the different keywords? Maybe not high
enough for people to notice your ad?

avg position on search is 13.4.....all sources total is 4.7.....

do i need maybe more specific keywords...long tail..etc...rather than the standard keywords that maybe everybody else is using as well??

•••
tonyfloyd said:
here are some results from a campaign (to a Parked page) started 2 days ago.....so far 1 adgroup under campaign...

12 keywords....75 cents max bid on search....45 cents on content...(i have both running at same time)

Search total - 0 clicks from 78 impressions
Content total - 2 clicks from 9320 impressions ( cost - 67 cents total) - 0.02 CTR

All keywords have GREAT and OK Quality Score....

What am i doing wrong?...Do i need to ad more adgroups?.....raise my max bids?..etc..

Please share thought/feedback...

Thanks
Tony

Sounds like your niche is not searched much. Also...75 and 45??? Wow, that's really high unless your doing affiliate sales...I just can't see how you would ever make a profit if this traffic is going to a parked page.

•••
•••
packrat said:
You are the OP, so you can request we close this thread... but IMO some important information is being shared here so I would ask that we keep it alive.

•••
Very important info is being shared here...please do not close....:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back