Domain Empire

Potential scammer: [email protected]

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
Sketchy domain with someone claiming to be a broker to buy one of my domains... Guessing it's an appraisal scam but wanted to make sure none of the newbies get fooled. Be careful!

Update: Definitely an appraisal scam...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the heads up....

•••
I got a similar email from julia AT netfirms-ca DOT info

I represent an investor from Canada who wants to buy (domain removed) for a new online project.
The buyer is a professional investor. I located your contact information in a domain name whois lookup and understand that you own the domain name.
Are you still interested in selling?

I help clients of our hosting company to buy and sell intellectual properties. If you have more names I can help you to sell them.

The buyer will pay you the appraised value stated in an official certificate. He needs an independent expertise because you and me are interested in a high sale price and my buyer does not want to overpay. He also needs it for accounting and tax purposes. The buyer guarantees to pay you the price stated in your certificate.

Based on my experience, I think your name is in $15,000 - $20,000 range.

The process is very easy and will take only two minutes of your time:

1. Go to the certificate agency site and submit your domain for the certification. Please let them know you have a buyer with $XX,XXX offer. It will help you to get a better valuation. In the comment field please ask them to guarantee that the appraised value will be higher than the appraisal service fee. In this case you will not risk to pay and get a low appraisal. I suggest you this company because they protect you as the seller from getting a low appraised value. They will send you the payment instruction only if your domain is worth appraising. Otherwise your request will be declined and you will not pay them anything. Other companies does not offer this option.

2. If your request will be approved, please pay them the fee and wait for 24 hours. Then send me the results via email and we will start the sale process. As soon as he receives your certificate, he will buy your domain via an escrow service. Any escrow service will be able to pay you via Paypal, Wire, Western Union or any other method you prefer.

Best Regards,
Julia Greenwood. DMD, MICOI, MBA
Domain Name Broker
Hostgator

Last edited:
•••
It is 100% scam. She wants you to pay Appraisal fees to a particular appraisal company so that she gets a cut from the Appraisal company. Read her note that will clear this is a scam "They will send you the payment instruction only if your domain is worth appraising. Otherwise your request will be declined and you will not pay them anything. Other companies does not offer this option.

•••
•••
100% scam. I got the same email, I thought people already know about it.
The appraisal scam is not new around the industry.
hostgator-server.info redirects to his hostgator affiliate link.

•••
I got her mail too. Just ignored.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back