IT.COM

discuss Possible sanctions for Russia and Russians in the field of domain names

NameSilo
Watch

Igor Gabrielan

.ai .mv .botTop Member
Impact
The authorities of Ukraine turned to the ICANN with a request to block the domain zone .ru and other domain zones of Russia.
Is it possible to block all domain names owned by Russians, that is, in zones .com .org .uk , etc.?
Now there are restrictions and sanctions for Cuba and Iran for the zones .cu .ir .
Probably there are restrictions for other states. But how wide are they? Can similar or even greater sanctions be applied to Russia?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
& the whole of Europe can't get it done before 2030.. Unless Qatar has enough for all of them..

BTW, Russia signed a humongous deal with China very recently, so it will go to other markets..

Complicated world indeed.
Do you have a link of the chinese deal, can't find it. Also, excluding Qatar, there is Azerbaijan, Venezuela and possible Iran through Greece-Bulgaria pipeline from Mediterranean Sea, liquid gas from multiple sources, they can reopen tens of coal mines, to replace the gas ( postponing Green Deal for later on) and 3 proved new gas reserves in Black Sea( first one ready to deliver gas in september) and four more under analysis, to check how much gas reserves there are there.

•••
Do you have a link of the chinese deal, can't find it. Also, excluding Qatar, there is Azerbaijan, Venezuela and possible Iran through Greece-Bulgaria pipeline from Mediterranean Sea, liquid gas from multiple sources, they can reopen tens of coal mines, to replace the gas ( postponing Green Deal for later on) and 3 proved new gas reserves in Black Sea( first one ready to deliver gas in september) and four more under analysis, to check how much gas reserves there are there.
Feb. 4th

Putin hails China oil and gas deals amid tensions with Europe
https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2...ost-energy-alliance-with-30-year-gas-contract

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Feb. 4th

Putin hails China oil and gas deals amid tensions with Europe​

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2...ost-energy-alliance-with-30-year-gas-contract

Te deal was done a few weeks before the war and sanctions and is saying that they will deliver up to 10 billion cubic meters and only one of pipeline delivering to Europe is delivering 60 billion cubic meters. Also, historically, China, because it has lot's of suppliers, it's not so dependent on them, so the prices they pay are a few times lower than Europe. Combine these two and the results are that this deal represent a few % of the european deals, so not a big impact.

Last edited:
•••
Unemployment on a massive scale.. I'm sorry, but I do feel sorry for ordinary Russians making Big Macs are now with no income.. I hope all that ends the war, otherwise it's just unnecessary suffering..
Most likely they will come up with their own franchise, as they did in Donbass, which now have DonMak instead of McDonalds.

•••
Te deal was done a few weeks before the war and sanctions and is saying that they will deliver up to 10 billion cubic meters and only one of pipeline delivering to Europe is delivering 60 billion cubic meters. Also, historically, China, because it has lot's of suppliers, it's not so dependent on them, so the prices they pay are a few times lower than Europe. Combine these two and the results are that this deal represent a few % of the european deals, so not a big impact.
Agreed for the most part. Except that, no big impact provided it stops to Europe, which is not the case, not until 2030, according to some analysis.

•••
Agreed for the most part. Except that, no big impact provided it stops to Europe, which is not the case, not until 2030, according to some analysis.
As far as the EU is saying, the first target was 2030, but because of this, the new target is summer of 2023, to replace at least 85% of gas from Russia, they have already started diversification at high speed, investing billions in couple of weeks.

•••
Unemployment on a massive scale.. I'm sorry, but I do feel sorry for ordinary Russians making Big Macs are now with no income.. I hope all that ends the war, otherwise it's just unnecessary suffering..
this will not halt the war, but it may add to the massive sanctions that may end the war

•••
this will not halt the war, but it may add to the massive sanctions that may end the war
As you may already know, i'm pro "ordinary people" Russian, Ukrainian, Syrian, whatever. So I dislike these actions for that reason, not because I support one politician over another. Unless "sanctions that may end the war" prove effective now, not when a country is already taken by another, & a new government is installed, i'll still be against such action. Actions that destroy lives frankly, & cause human suffering on an unimaginable scale.

No signs of a resolutions so far.. Hope that changes quickly

•••
As you may already know, i'm pro "ordinary people" Russian, Ukrainian, Syrian, whatever. So I dislike these actions for that reason, not because I support one politician over another. Unless "sanctions that may end the war" prove effective now, not when a country is already taken by another, & a new government is installed, i'll still be against such action. Actions that destroy lives frankly, & cause human suffering on an unimaginable scale.

No signs of a resolutions so far.. Hope that changes quickly

honestly, I guess nobody knows a really great and smooth and harmless solution

Putin has to stop it
that's the easy solution

but we can't have it as he doesn't want to
so here comes sanctions

we don't know any better

wish we did

•••
They will not be without income. McDonalds will continue paying their salaries. (For the moment, that's what they have said in a press release).

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
The current geopolitical situation in Ukraine has a direct and indirect impact on business relations with Russian and Belarusian business partners.

Due to the current situation, we have to inform you that Sedo has suspended trading and parking for domains under .ru and .by. In addition, we are currently unable to serve customers residing in Russia or Belarus, as well as corresponding bank accounts. The affected accounts will be temporarily deactivated.

We ask for your understanding that, due to the present situation, we cannot guarantee payment processing with Russian and Belarusian business partners.

Sedo disapproves of any kind of hate and violence, as well as anything that radically contradicts our corporate values. Therefore, for the sake of the civilians involved, we hope for an early resolution of this conflict.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
•••
•••
Dear valued clients and friends,

It is with a heavy heart as we watch the events continue to unfold in Ukraine, that I want to update you on what 101domain is doing to address the situation.

Our hearts and prayers go out to Ukrainians on the ground and around the world, families and friends tragically affected by the ongoing actions of the Russian government and military.

Effective immediately, we are taking the following actions:
  • Suspending new business operations, including accepting new accounts, orders and transfer ins for all customers located in Russia;
  • Suspending new registrations and transfer in of all Russian domain names: .ru, .com.ru, .net.ru, .org.ru, .pp.ru, .msk.ru, .spb.ru, .рф (.xn--p1ai), .москва (.xn--80adxhks), .рус (.xn--p1acf), .дети (.xn--d1acj3b), .su, .tatar
We will continue to process renewals of existing services for the time being, however this may change at any time and without notice.

If you are located in Ukraine and are having trouble paying for or renewing your services, please submit a support ticket and we’ll do what we can to help you.

We will continue to monitor the situation and update you accordingly.

Sincerely,

Anthony M. Beltran
President / CEO
101domain.com

Last edited:
•••
Due to recent developments out of our control in regards to the events unfolding in Ukraine, we are working closely with our partners to determine our obligations to them to continue providing services to you uninterrupted.

We are suspending new registrations and transfer in’s of all Russian domain names: .ru, .com.ru, .net.ru, .org.ru, .pp.ru, .msk.ru, .spb.ru, .рф (.xn--p1ai), .москва (.xn--80adxhks), .рус (.xn--p1acf), .дети (.xn--d1acj3b), .su, and .tatar.

This will not impact your existing services. You can continue to renew your existing Russian domains for previously listed extensions in 1-year terms.

If you have any pending orders for these domains listed above, they will be canceled and a credit will be issued to your account that can be used for future purchases.

Please note these restrictions could change at any time. We reserve the right to deactivate or delete any domain name that is used - in our sole opinion - to violate the sanctions or to further the goals of the war.

We want to thank you for your continued business. We will continue to monitor the situation and update you with further information as it becomes available to us. Please reach out to us if you have any questions.

Best regards,
101domain

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
These are useless lectures. First, the Russians won't even technically hear it because of the restrictions. Secondly, even having heard, they will not change their behavior. They are hopelessly poisoned by propaganda. By the way, for such a speech in Russia would face a prison sentence of 15 years. Only military force and economic sanctions can stop the Russian aggressors. It seems they are already suffering a military defeat. Their army turned out to be the army of the 70s of the last century and is unable to fight against the army with modern weapons. Therefore, now it is necessary to continue supplying the Ukrainian army with modern weapons and increase economic sanctions. Then the Ukrainian army will finally defeat the Russian army and secure the world from crazy Russia. I hope domainer organizations will stop being modest and will contribute to the victory over Russia with the toughest sanctions against the domain assets of Russia and Russians.

•••
Where the list of the names of oligarchs,their properties,their addresses…

Glory to Ukraine
Glory to Ukraine
Glory to Ukraine

•••
Oligarchs don't deal with domain names. But it is not the oligarchs who shoot and kill. It is not the oligarchs who bomb the civilian population and destroy houses, schools and hospitals with 500-kilogram bombs. This is done by ordinary Russians, those who own domain assets and their relatives. Therefore, they need to be deprived of these assets.

•••
Oligarchs don't deal with domain names. But it is not the oligarchs who shoot and kill. It is not the oligarchs who bomb the civilian population and destroy houses, schools and hospitals with 500-kilogram bombs. This is done by ordinary Russians, those who own domain assets and their relatives. Therefore, they need to be deprived of these assets.
But Oligarchs are the enablers

•••
Back