Dynadot

Poor Move by CatchService.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fadi H

BrandNameSolutions.comTop Member
Impact
Hello everyone,

I've been using a domain drop-catching service named CatchService.com for about six months and would like to share with you my experience using it.

Regarding the service itself, I think it was fine, I've had some success catching some good looking .com domains, Pricing was also reasonable.

All the past months were fine and whenever i face any sort of issue i reach out to the owner privately as he's a respected member of this amazing community. ( @Riz M. ) Until today, He managed to catch two domains for me and during checkout i learned that PayPal is no more an option to pay so i reached out and asked about that matter.

He confirmed that PayPal is no more an option and he only have two other options which I'm not so comfortable with, So i said fine, I will think it over and let him know where I'm at.

Surprisingly he was like, Think it over? Are you going to do board meeting for $36? ( Price of the current orders ) Which I'm not quite getting this line, Are you saying like you've reached a certain level of success that $36 is no longer a number for you? And the whole thing was about the payment method for the current orders and any potential future orders so i don't even understand why you said this. He followed up with : Anyways I'm just cancelling your orders and please do not place anymore orders. Before even i respond he went ahead and deleted my account from the site.

Poor move sir and so unprofessional. Nothing personal and I'm taking this public because you're a business, And this is my feedback for it.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for your clarification.

Closing the account AND cancel the orders? Not cancelling the orders? Why close an account while just cancelling the orders may be the solution? Just don't get that part. Did you catch the domains? I hope it was a decent discussion between the two of you when it happened.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your clarification.

Closing the account AND cancel the orders? Not cancelling the orders? Why close an account while just cancelling the orders may be the solution? Just don't get that part. Did you catch the domains? I hope it was a decent discussion between the two of you when it happened.
he had many orders in coming days to catch and he replied he have to think about it now if next day we caught some more names he would say i will think more.. and also he mentioned he dont want to use catchservice.com i am out now after that i am out word i removed account because its not good to have account who have multiple orders and not sure about he will pay or not

•••
Did Riz M SUSPEND or CLOSE customer's account?

If all his customers can't pay by card or crypto, will he close all their accounts or work with them to pay via other methods?

Here is the thing, if you have backorders placed on a platform, and cannot sustain payment given options, the system has to suspend that user until a solution is found. I think this should be handled offline, I am sure nobody wants to lose a customer, but if OP can't pay via credit card, or crypto, leaves little options, WU is very fee heavy for OP, I can't speak for service provider, and what they would accept, but cooler heads will prevail here. It looks like OP said service, was fine, used it many times, but paypal is the issue, and if paypal stops working with business provider, and OP has no other way of paying, the account has to be suspended to stop any other charges from being incurred to the business if they themselves say they cannot pay.

•••
he had many orders in coming days to catch and he replied he have to think about it now if next day we caught some more names he would say i will think more.. and also he mentioned he dont want to use catchservice.com i am out now after that i am out word i removed account because its not good to have account who have multiple orders and not sure about he will pay or not
Yes, but for now, he was just thinking about the best solution, he didn't said that he can't use either of them. Also, you could have let him know before doing that, that if he will not decide, you will cancel his backorders or close his account. There are many companies doing backorders, but all of them suspend an account if at least one order is not paid, not before that. Also, as a customer, he has his rights, even if you choose to close his account, you have all his info and payment details, so it should breach something before you do that. This is your answer: Think it over? Are you going to do board meeting for $36? and you closed his account, he didn't even had time to reply. As far as I know, even the bad companies like networksolution, dotser, 1&1 and a fe others will not do that from the start, so at least you just admit that it was a bad call. I would have reacted exactly the same as OP did, you can't be like, 'ok, that's normal way of doing business'

Last edited:
•••

If all his customers can't pay by card or crypto, will he close all their accounts or work with them to pay via other methods?
if customer ordering domains continue and he dont agree with our payment terms

YES I WILL SUSPEND!!!

•••

Come on are you for real, it looks like the business responded that if a customer can't pay with a credit card, or crypto then they have to put a hold on pending orders, as they will be liable for paying for them if the customer can't. Any low margin online business you have to understand that concept.

There is no shortage of backorder companies they can put new backorders on, If OP doesn't have a credit card, get some crypto, run a sale thru dan, and load up... if that doesn't work they have to take their business elsewhere. It seems like many notes are from people who don't even use the service, as an active user of the service, I feel like it is getting a bad wrap of a situation taken out of context. The business didn't even force the person to pay for what they had backordered, but they had to protect themselves from future losses, if the OP could not guarantee payment via a credit card etc...

•••
Riz is doing himself in with his attitude. JMO

•••
Come on are you for real, it looks like the business responded that if a customer can't pay with a credit card, or crypto then they have to put a hold on pending orders, as they will be liable for paying for them if the customer can't. Any low margin online business you have to understand that concept.

There is no shortage of backorder companies they can put new backorders on, If OP doesn't have a credit card, get some crypto, run a sale thru dan, and load up... if that doesn't work they have to take their business elsewhere. It seems like many notes are from people who don't even use the service, as an active user of the service, I feel like it is getting a bad wrap of a situation taken out of context. The business didn't even force the person to pay for what they had backordered, but they had to protect themselves from future losses, if the OP could not guarantee payment via a credit card etc...
It looks like we are not on the same page here. You suspend a customer after an unpaid backorder, not before. Also, what's more concerning is the attitude, if this is the right attitude when you have a few good sales under your belt and a startup, what will be your attitude when you reach a different leveel, like Rob from Epik, godaddy owner or the guys from dan.com? It looks like you don't have a bad opinion about the owner of the startup, just because you didn't had any issues, but it should concern you what it's happening with others, because some day you could take OP place.

Last edited:
•••
It looks like we are not on the same page here. You suspend a customer after an unpaid backorder, not before. Also, what's more concerning is the attitude, if this is the right attitude when you have a few good sales under your belt and a startup, what will be your attitude when you reach a different leveel, like Rob from Epik, godaddy owner or the guys from dan.com? It looks like you don't have a bad opinion about the owner of the startup, just because you didn't had any issues, but it should concern you what it's happening with others, because some day you could take OP place.
all who are taking negative nobody have acocunt in catchservice.com
all negative are null and void ... they even didnt placed one order in catchservice. not even had deal with me once .. i dont know whats the motive behind this all negative comments from those who even didnt visited catchservice.com once

•••
Thank you for sharing this story. I'm going to blacklist CatchService.com and will share this story with others :wacky:

Self-Edit-1-510x578.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I like catchservice as it already earned me xxxx$ via sales , left using it due to budget problems but will use it in future for sure. Bring back paypal :xf.frown:
for you we can allow you to pay in local pakistan bank or uae bank.
Thanks for trusting us and congratz for your sales

•••
lol
Thank you for sharing this story. I'm going to blacklist CatchService.com and will share this story with others :wacky:
lolz another one who dont have account in catchservice or may be we didnt approved him!!

•••
if customer ordering domains continue and he dont agree with our payment terms

YES I WILL SUSPEND!!!

Hi Riz

if, paypal was still an option when the customer placed their orders and that customer had previously paid for domains that were caught, from those orders with paypal...
then it would be unfair, to suspend the customers account because paypal cancelled CS account, even if orders had been placed, prior to.

other options could be to create a new account and cancel orders from previous account and going further have customers use credit card or other forms of payments.

the service should bear the burden and file as a business loss, if any

do the right thing, bro

puff puff....ahh

imo...

•••
Hi Riz

if, paypal was still an option when the customer placed their orders and that customer had previously paid for domains that were caught, from those orders with paypal...
then it would be unfair, to suspend the customers account because paypal cancelled CS account, even if orders had been placed, prior to.

other options could be to create a new account and cancel orders from previous account and going further have customers use credit card or other forms of payments.

the service should bear the burden and file as a business loss, if any

do the right thing, bro

puff puff....ahh

imo...
he was still ordering names and he was not sure about payment.. how could i allow him to place more orders when he want to think about if he want to do payment or not?

•••
•••
then must remove the account as u mentioned. why still using it? or why hiding your id if you want to remove your account let me know i will remove you now come like MAN
if you are man of words just give me your id so i can delete your account or delete yourself

Last edited:
•••
all who are taking negative nobody have acocunt in catchservice.com
all negative are null and void ... they even didnt placed one order in catchservice. not even had deal with me once .. i dont know whats the motive behind this all negative comments from those who even didnt visited catchservice.com once
You don't seem to distinguish between namepros and catchservice. We are on namepros, on a thread on namepros debating. It could debating your experience or somebody else experience. I don't have an account with networksolutions, 1&1 and other, but that can't stop me from debating. It's like I'm doing something wrong, one domainers opens a thread but you are not allowed to say anything about me, because we didn't dealt between us, I can't get your point.

•••
You don't seem to distinguish between namepros and catchservice. We are on namepros, on a thread on namepros debating. It could debating your experience or somebody else experience. I don't have an account with networksolutions, 1&1 and other, but that can't stop me from debating. It's like I'm doing something wrong, one domainers opens a thread but you are not allowed to say anything about me, because we didn't dealt between us, I can't get your point.
if you are not using account you cant comment about that service without knowing facts

•••
then must remove the account as u mentioned. why still using it? or why hiding your id if you want to remove your account let me know i will remove you now come like MAN
if you are man of words just give me your id so i can delete your account or delete yourself

Who said I use it? I'm just showing you that I have!
I didn't do anything wrong, why do you want me to remove it? you're really bad!

you can't find my id? Lol

I know the website is bad but I want to see what stupidity it does no need to delete my account

Last edited:
•••
•••
By replying here in this manner, you are just killing your startup from beginning...you are on a big forum for domainers, having them as the main possible customers and replying like this...it's just suicide.

•••
s

I know the website is bad but I want to see what stupidity it does no need to delete my account
u just said you will blcklist catchservice right?? so why not remove your acct?

•••
By replying here in this manner, you are just killing your startup from beginning...you are on a big forum for domainers, having them as the main possible customers and replying like this...it's just suicide.
i m replying some here who dont have account in catchservice commenting about catchservice. if they have they are like black sheeps not showing there id and saying they blacklisted catchservice lol

•••
he was still ordering names and he was not sure about payment.. how could i allow him to place more orders when he want to think about if he want to do payment or not?
Hi

i can't speak for how hands on you are, but when notice of cancellation came from paypal, then maybe all orders should have been suspended.
or in this case, suspend customers ordering ability, until they add valid payment method.

i'm sure you have more than one customer who used paypal and they may all have to switch, unless you get re-instated.

it's what you do, that makes you a pro.....

imo....

Last edited:
•••

trust me dude i will find you..i dont like black sheeps

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back